Author Topic: Probodybuildingweekly and the PDI.  (Read 17649 times)

thisiskeith12

Re: Probodybuildingweekly and the PDI.
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »
Novice supplement buyers will buy stuff based on pictures. The magazine ads are what make people think supplements are steroids. However, experienced customers will know that they can't get from A-Z with any supplements. I bought magazines when I first started working out 5 years ago, but I stopped after about a year. They are nothing but re-written material with 400 pages of ads.

RHINO290

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2006, 07:45:49 AM »
   I think the recognition is great for you, I just don't think the average supplement buyer makes a purchase because of who is in the ad. It could probably be about any buff guy, although maybe we fans would be more likely to buy something that you endorse. ;D

Yeah, I think you are right, and thanks, at least I have some fans, that means everything to me. Thats why I keep posting.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »
Yeah, I think you are right, and thanks, at least I have some fans, that means everything to me. Thats why I keep posting.

We'll always be fans of yours Jack, unless you do something crazy, like killing somebody :-\

thisiskeith12

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2006, 07:47:57 AM »
  We'll always be fans of yours Jack, unless you do something crazy, like killing somebody :-\

That would be so horrible!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2006, 07:51:10 AM »
That would be so horrible!

I don't think he would do it unless it was justified. Unless Jesus needed some fresh souls :'(

RHINO290

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2006, 07:55:19 AM »

Thanks, I will keep that in mind, the time i think about killing my ex-wife(LOL).

Seriously, thanks, that means alot to me, more than you may realize.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2006, 08:37:44 AM »
Bob come on put Wayne on your show.You all say you can put on who you whish .Well we all whish to hear Wayne.If you and the rest aren't run by IFBB,AMI,WEIDER
PUT HIM ON
OR IS IT YOUR NOT ALLOWED?

MUST SUCK BEING OWED NOT BEING YOURSELF.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2006, 08:39:49 AM »
Bob come on put Wayne on your show.You all say you can put on who you whish .Well we all whish to hear Wayne.If you and the rest aren't run by IFBB,AMI,WEIDER
PUT HIM ON
OR IS IT YOUR NOT ALLOWED?

MUST SUCK BEING OWED NOT BEING YOURSELF.

Chick won't do it, he's scared, plus he doesn't have that kind of pull.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2006, 08:40:57 AM »
Chick doesn't like the barbell.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2006, 08:44:06 AM »
Novice supplement buyers will buy stuff based on pictures. The magazine ads are what make people think supplements are steroids. However, experienced customers will know that they can't get from A-Z with any supplements. I bought magazines when I first started working out 5 years ago, but I stopped after about a year. They are nothing but re-written material with 400 pages of ads.

FLEX is just about unreadable after a year.  But MD has advanced gear and nutrition topics that many advanced BBers use.

And it's not about BUYING based upon ads- it's about pausing for just a moment to scan the ad with your eyes.  Seeing Rhino's face on a page will probably keep your eyes there for 2 seconds the first time, right?  Like, you'll pause for JUST a second or two to say "eh, that's that don-rickles-looking-MFer!".  And you may never buy it.

BUT as a result, that company will now have an advantage over the rest of the companies whose ads you didn't spen 2 seconds on.  They are now just a tad clsoer to being FIRST in your mindset in recognizability.  You might see another ad next month elsewhere, and you might pause for another second, and Rhino and that product will scoot up a little more. YOu might not buy it- but you'll KNOW about it.  And knowing is half the battle :)  AIDA-  Attetion, Interest, Desire, Action.  They have your attention now, and half your interest, at least from the personal side, even if not from the interest in the product results side.

And keith, you've been around the sport for some time, right?  Most NEW supplement buyers will pick up a FLEX or MD for inspiration, then buy what they trust.  As they can see that Rhino is a real guy and despite numerour insults, he's still positive and legitimate, Rhino is trustworthy and brings value to a product's advertising.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2006, 08:45:29 AM »
To all the PDI puppets - have any of you talked to Wayne and asked him if HE wants to go on the show NOW? Seems Wayne is pretty strategic in his moves and when he releases info. What good would it do him to go on the show now?
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2006, 08:52:56 AM »
To all the PDI puppets - have any of you talked to Wayne and asked him if HE wants to go on the show NOW? Seems Wayne is pretty strategic in his moves and when he releases info. What good would it do him to go on the show now?

Yes.  The reason www.PDIradio.com is being started is that there is great demand for wayne to be on, and this demand is not being met. 

Wayne would very much like to go on the radio show.  They'll never let him on though, it's fairly clear.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2006, 08:55:37 AM »
Yes.  The reason www.PDIradio.com is being started is that there is great demand for wayne to be on, and this demand is not being met. 

Wayne would very much like to go on the radio show.  They'll never let him on though, it's fairly clear.
are you saying that the IFBB is the Joseph Goebbels of bodybuilding, 240?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2006, 09:12:38 AM »
The athletes I represent are all under the IFBB. AMI runs a publication business...wheres the conflict?

I don't represent bodybuilding athletes worldwide, for any and all federations. Athletes can decide for themselves where their opportunities are...no one is standing in their way...least of all me.

so AMI has nothing to do with the last couple of olympias (ifbb event)?
chick, you can play all the word games you want but
the ifbb is run / influenced / controlled by ami

i doubt that dave pecker suddenly took up bodybuilding
at decided to show up at the olympia.

i guess dave pecker must be a true bodybuilding enthusiast

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2006, 09:19:39 AM »

AMI has been lowering resources each year for the last few years.  Hence the lower quality of hotel.  This year will see less money than last year- No PPV, less multimedia, as it'll be outsourced.  Wait and see.  The true fans who are there every year will speak the truth, all while Weider and Chick declare "this is the greatest Olympia ever!" yet again.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2006, 06:37:58 PM »

i doubt that dave pecker suddenly took up bodybuilding
at decided to show up at the olympia.

i guess dave pecker must be a true bodybuilding enthusiast

When i got in trouble last year for pulling out.I spoke to Jim and he told me it was AMI'S SHOW IFBB had little to do with it.So he was only passing on to me what AMI(robin chang) had told him to say to me.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2006, 06:39:30 PM »

AHH yeah i have talked to him and yes he would love to go on.So now what?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2006, 06:44:35 PM »
Yeah...we have talked to him also.

He does want to go on...IN SEPTEMBER. Its WAYNE'S choice to wait 3 months...not ours.

Wayne said he would prefer to go on in SEPT.

SEPT. is when Wayne has expressed an interest in being interviewed...

Dan Talked to Wayne about when he wanted to be on th show, he said SEPTEMBER would be best.

Wayne prefers to wait until AFTER the show takes place in SEPTEMBER...

How many ways can we state it??????????

So much for all your conspiracies, "weider puppets", "they won't let him on..."..."they're told what to do...", "Wayne wants to be on NOW..."

Some of you are truly pathetic.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »
Nothin on tv tonight Bob.
Nice of you to join us :)

LifterChick

« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2006, 06:49:40 PM »
AHH yeah i have talked to him and yes he would love to go on.So now what?

So is Wayne willing to answer ALL the questions or is status quo?  I would love to hear Wayne answer the few questions I presented here, but the the big question will he?  I think that needs to be addressed before he is given any airtime to waste if all he is going to say is, Time will tell.

Racq

P.s. Your tat artist is not very female orientated on his website.  You know anybody else?  :-\
I'm trying to get Kat Von D to do a portrait during the convention up here.  Care to provide any 4 x 6 glossies.
Of Adela please after all tattoo's are permanent  ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2006, 06:56:16 PM »
Nothin on tv tonight Bob.
Nice of you to join us :)

Thats what you've got , Lee? How about addressing the issue...everyone here (including you) have been on our ass and making assumptions about the Wayne deal...all the while it'S Wayne HIMSELF that has asked to be on in sept....

Got a response to that?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2006, 07:17:38 PM »
Yeah...we have talked to him also.

He does want to go on...IN SEPTEMBER. Its WAYNE'S choice to wait 3 months...not ours.

Wayne said he would prefer to go on in SEPT.

SEPT. is when Wayne has expressed an interest in being interviewed...

Dan Talked to Wayne about when he wanted to be on th show, he said SEPTEMBER would be best.

Wayne prefers to wait until AFTER the show takes place in SEPTEMBER...

How many ways can we state it??????????

So much for all your conspiracies, "weider puppets", "they won't let him on..."..."they're told what to do...", "Wayne wants to be on NOW..."

Some of you are truly pathetic.
Ah thank you. Hence why I asked the PDI puppets if he wanted to go on NOW.Clearly the strings are tangled between Wayne and his puppets.
Elevate Your Image.™

LifterChick

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2006, 07:31:46 PM »
I wonder if Manion will be over the flu by September?

GREAT QUESTION!!!
What ever happened to him?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2006, 07:33:45 PM »
We havent asked him back on, as weve had other guests scheduled.

I'm sure theres a conspiracy there somewhere....!

LifterChick

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2006, 07:35:19 PM »
We havent asked him back on, as weve had other guests scheduled.

I'm sure theres a conspiracy there somewhere....!

Life would be boring without it.

For what it is worth (which I am sure is not much) but I would like to hear from Manion.