Author Topic: Probodybuildingweekly and the PDI.  (Read 17306 times)

RHINO290

Re: Probodybuildingweekly and the PDI.
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 06:25:59 AM »
To quote you... "Laughable."

"No politics, ever, on this radio station."  - Who are you kidding dude, there are politics in everything, don't pretend that that PDI and your radio will be any different.

I have a couple questions for you to get started...

Why did Lee and Vince decide to join Wayne's organization when they were the two most fined athletes in the IFBB, and these fines were handed down by Wayne? They complained about how they were fined, didn't get a fair shake and now they join the very individual who fined them.

Vince - Why did you lie to promoters and magazines to get your name out there when you had no intention in competing in the Colorado Pro at any point in time?

Vince - How can you complain about your placings and having the same judges late in your career; when you had no problem with those very judges awarding you top honors earlier on?

The opinions expressed on this board by the people who are "In the know" are so obviously biased by the IFBB. Thats whats laughable. If Vince was not doing the NOC, you would be all over his dick. If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, you should all consider both sides, not just dismiss things in the face of defense. It only makes you all look scaredof the PDI.

kind of funny to watch.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 07:10:22 AM »
Let me first say I am for the PDI succeeding and believe that competition is good so please do not read my writing out of context

Possible logic for Bodybuilding weekly...

A) Talking about the PDI on ProBB weekly is free publicity, eveyone else is paying for air time, why give this federation free Pub

IMO if Bob and others think the PDI will not succeed and be a 2nd rate federation why not publicize it more so Bob can say "I told you so" but Bob may fear that it WILL succeed and he will have to eat his words.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 07:43:30 AM »
I'm talking about the supplement companies...everything outside of the IFBB

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 07:49:12 AM »
The opinions expressed on this board by the people who are "In the know" are so obviously biased by the IFBB. Thats whats laughable. If Vince was not doing the NOC, you would be all over his dick. If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, you should all consider both sides, not just dismiss things in the face of defense. It only makes you all look scaredof the PDI.

kind of funny to watch.
Please enlighten me on why I would "be all over his dick"  ???
Elevate Your Image.™

RHINO290

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 07:56:41 AM »
Please enlighten me on why I would "be all over his dick"  ???

Oh, knock it off, if he was all about the IFBB. I mean come on, he is Vince Taylor, argueably, one of the best bodybuilders of all time. You are just after him cause he is pro PDI. You need the IFBB, we don't, so you scorn us. Don't worry, when the PDI is the dominant organization, we will still be freinds and I will always like you Issac, but it is really obvious........

Tell me, what is it like to NEED the IFBB. That must suck.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 07:59:11 AM »

That is the only thing that amuses me about all the blind IFBB cronies.  They are trying to please their bosses. They are helpless to be honest and speak on what they REALLY think.  They have to follow company line and play politics.  Not singling out lift, but really, everyone who is regurgutating company line and ignoring the wealth of opportunities across the board that a new BBing federation brings. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 08:07:38 AM »
You shouldn't presume to know Vince's intentions.  There's every possibility that real life may have intervened. 

Whatever the reason(s) for him not competing, he missed a heck of a show...and I'm confident he would've been very competitive in the lineup if he'd been there. 
No presumptions - he point blank said it himself, several times. He told Ron and I he planned on competing at the Arnold but didn't get the invite, so decided to do the Austrailian Pro since it was the next show. He also said it on the radio show. This is much different then telling the promoters of the Colorado Pro that he was taking the Colorado Pro as his comeback show and it wasn't until after he received all the media exposure did he reveal his real intentions. He also told Shawn he "needed more time" to hang with the younger guys. His stories changed several times and why I asked 240 to ask him the question.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 08:11:16 AM »
This is much different then telling the promoters of the Colorado Pro that he was taking the Colorado Pro as his comeback show and it wasn't until after he received all the media exposure did he reveal his real intentions. He also told Shawn he "needed more time" to hang with the younger guys. His stories changed several times and why I asked 240 to ask him the question.

Everyone knew the score the the Colo Pro.  Would King or DJ have gotten a fair shake at the Colo Pro? lol...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 08:12:22 AM »
are you saying that "lift studios" is a skinny IFBB lackey and Weider coffee fetcher, 240?

If he isn't, I am.  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 08:14:55 AM »
Oh, knock it off, if he was all about the IFBB. I mean come on, he is Vince Taylor, argueably, one of the best bodybuilders of all time. You are just after him cause he is pro PDI. You need the IFBB, we don't, so you scorn us. Don't worry, when the PDI is the dominant organization, we will still be freinds and I will always like you Issac, but it is really obvious........

Jack have you been spending time in Hawaii this past week? You're starting to sound like Onlyme on here. I won't dispute Vince's accomplishments on stage, he is one of the best. Don't ASSume to know why I ask the questions I did. Not after him because he is PDI - asked the questions for the reasons I stated above to Tre's comment.

I don't NEED any organization Jack. I CHOOSE to be part of the IFBB. I've never claimed to be anything but IFBB nor will I. I'm not ashamed to say my loyalties are with the IFBB and the NPC. You're taking things personal for no reason, that's your own issue Jack. If the PDI is ever the dominant organization then I will eat the corn out of your crap jack.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

RHINO290

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 08:23:26 AM »
Jack have you been spending time in Hawaii this past week? You're starting to sound like Onlyme on here. I won't dispute Vince's accomplishments on stage, he is one of the best. Don't ASSume to know why I ask the questions I did. Not after him because he is PDI - asked the questions for the reasons I stated above to Tre's comment.

I don't NEED any organization Jack. I CHOOSE to be part of the IFBB. I've never claimed to be anything but IFBB nor will I. I'm not ashamed to say my loyalties are with the IFBB and the NPC. You're taking things personal for no reason, that's your own issue Jack. If the PDI is ever the dominant organization then I will eat the corn out of your crap jack.  ;D

I'm not taking anything personally, maybe you are. I was making a point, a point that you just agreed with. You ask the questions in a negative manner, and by the way, in that other thread, you said everyone was laughing at the PDI. Who? you? Oh, and you do need the IFBB, there is money in it for you, when there is money to be made in the PDI, then your loyalties will lie there. Eat the corn out my crap? Listen, your outrageous comments will not deflect the obvious. The amazingly obvious, see Issac, I have the luxury of saying what I want, what is true, I don't need anyone, the IFBB, the PDI, or you-thats makes my comments especially dangerous, because there is no agenda. Can you say that? No.

I think you should be more unbiased in your comments or it will be you that everone is laughing at.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 08:30:03 AM »
I'm not taking anything personally, maybe you are. I was making a point, a point that you just agreed with. You ask the questions in a negative manner, and by the way, in that other thread, you said everyone was laughing at the PDI. Who? you? Oh, and you do need the IFBB, there is money in it for you, when there is money to be made in the PDI, then your loyalties will lie there. Eat the corn out my crap? Listen, your outrageous comments will not deflect the obvious. The amazingly obvious, see Issac, I have the luxury of saying what I want, what is true, I don't need anyone, the IFBB, the PDI, or you-thats makes my comments especially dangerous, because there is no agenda. Can you say that? No.

I think you should be more unbiased in your comments or it will be you that everone is laughing at.
Don't assume to know my business Jack. 90% of my revenue comes from outside of the bodybuilding world, so yes I can say I don't NEED any organization. I've been approached by other organizations and promoters to help them and I declined. I will NEVER work with the PDI. My comment is outrageous to prove a point - the PDI will NEVER be the dominant organization.
Elevate Your Image.™

RHINO290

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 08:37:12 AM »
Don't assume to know my business Jack. 90% of my revenue comes from outside of the bodybuilding world, so yes I can say I don't NEED any organization. I've been approached by other organizations and promoters to help them and I declined. I will NEVER work with the PDI. My comment is outrageous to prove a point - the PDI will NEVER be the dominant organization.

I will remember you said that, bold words my freind, bold words.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006, 08:59:48 AM »
How many people even listen to the radio show anyway?  Of those, how many following bbing very closely and know about PDI. 

I say not many and most.
Motherboy (the band).

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »
Why would anyone (other than someone in the hierarchy of the IFBB) have a problem with a competing federation?  All it means is the possibility of more money going to more athletes and more opportunities. 

I think it is a fair argument to say that the IFBB has not done the bodybuilding world well in the last decade.  Where has bodybuilding as a sport gone? 

If you want a different result you have to change what you are doing and that may be what will happen with the PDI. 

Time will tell...
w

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 09:07:32 AM »
I think the people that DO listen to the Radio show are knowledgeable enough to know about the PDI
L

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 10:29:19 AM »
I think the people that DO listen to the Radio show are knowledgeable enough to know about the PDI

Exactly.
Motherboy (the band).

larger_format

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 10:30:54 AM »

PDI might be in the right time and place
to make some waves in the fitness industry
If someone tried to challenge Weider & Co. pre-internet days
over decade ago - they might of been snuffed out

now who relies on a glossy magazine three months after the fact
to see what's going on

Wayne D. has a bit PT Barnum in him
knows how to put on a show and market it
and he's the first one to admit he's a cheap ___
unlike the Weider boys

Prediction: Town Hall NYC - NOC will be SOLD OUT

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2006, 11:45:32 AM »

i'm a rhino fan now

RHINO290

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 11:54:47 AM »
i'm a rhino fan now

Thanks, I as well am a bigdumbell fan...... and the movement grows.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 11:58:47 AM »
Joe Weider came up with the IFBB to mask the acronyms real meaning...

I F*ck Body Builders...

hahah that make me laugh
L

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2006, 02:01:05 PM »
Joe Weider came up with the IFBB to mask the acronyms real meaning...

I F*ck Body Builders...

hahah that make me laugh

Now that IS funny...........and TRUE.

Lift you are losing the battle with Jack.  He is obviously allot more educated, knowledagble in this industry than you are.  Your loyalty to the IFBB is commendable, but still stupid.  They were once great, and now the new kid is in town and they will be set back.  I don't think in fact know they won't go away, but they will take a back seat to the success and dominace of the PDI once the ball gets rolling.  It's going to happen so you'll have to live with it like all the other IFBB suck-ups.   ;D

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 02:06:35 PM »
The people that are glued to the IFBB just cant get the WBF out of their thick ass skulls.  The WBF failed BUT it changed the sport and contracts for the athletes.  These people who are so very loyal to the IFBB think its like the NFL, MLB, or whatever.  Bodybuilding has gone down in popularity over the last 15 years steadily because the IFBB can't generate momentum for the sport (i.e the Olympia productions over the last few years, favoritism towards Mr. Olympias and other athletes, physiques getting bloated, blackballing).  Wayne at least is trying to take advantage of that and sees that weakness in the IFBB.
Truly STOP WHINING

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2006, 03:07:07 PM »
It's funny because none of us who are not BBers can really be loyal to either organization.  LIFT, will you refuse to work with any PDI athletes?  Bob, will you refuse to sit at a BBing.com booth at the NOC?  We're at best *support* personnel. 

If IFBB business dries up and PDI money is good, LIFT will be promoting a PDI guy, Bob will be at Wayne's shows, Perine will be writing about PDI shows, and Horton will be trying to sell pics of Priest and Taylor and RJ. 

You guys are loyal to a paycheck and to where the money is.  Tell me you won't take a PDI check if the IFBB can't pay you?  If you have kids to feed, you're going where the money is. 

All this talk about loyalties is funny.  You're going where the money is, when it's there. Period.  You can cry "I am loyal to the IFBB" but you're only loyal as long as there is money to be earned.

So everyone, on both sides, it's probably time to step back and realize we'll all be where the work and the money is.  Any talk about who is better/superior is just ass-kiss lipservice to try to get more work now.  In ten years, a new federation NOT called the ifbb OR the PDI might be the only game in town.  And we'll all be at that show talking about how we've always been loyal to that org.  So give up the honor talk.  Money talks.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »
IFBB- $1.4 M purse/ 2006

PDI- $120,000 purse/ "potentially" 2006