Author Topic: beast arvilla  (Read 12796 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: beast arvilla
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 06:45:16 AM »
you mean that you a full head of hair but you shave your head????c'on leave the shaven heads to us guys who can't grow hair...
  lol!!

yup..............full head of hair

(here are a couple more "oldies but goodies")

made me laugh................... .............. ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 06:51:01 AM »
let's find a really fat one!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 06:52:44 AM »
ok ok lol!!

no more!!! 

i promise!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 06:54:15 AM »
 :o

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 06:59:35 AM »
BTW..................tho se "fat pics" were taken last summer by Laura/Cheri
less than one year ago.....................(thanks for loving my fat ass hunny!!!)

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 07:02:55 AM »
He he great transformation Mike

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 07:04:53 AM »
Your getting pretty lean Mike....looks like your conditioning is right on track 3 weeks out.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 07:45:53 AM »
BTW..................those "fat pics" were taken last summer by Laura/Cheri
less than one year ago.....................(thanks for loving my fat ass hunny!!!)

:-*  My pleasure!!!  :D
:D Weee

thisiskeith12

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2006, 07:52:27 AM »
He's 42   ;)

Well, excellent shape for one of that age! Not calling you old either Mike!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2006, 08:38:21 AM »
Your getting pretty lean Mike....looks like your conditioning is right on track 3 weeks out.

hope so!!

NCNPC29

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2006, 10:16:12 AM »
Mike, what are your plans after the contest in terms of where you want to stay year round? weight, BF%

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2006, 10:37:54 AM »

Mike...what are you weighing in at as of today?

Remember what myself and NCNPC said to you before...as hard as it will be...take one day maybe two to eat and rest...then back to the drawing board...keep training, suck up all the calories/nutrients then slowly...slowly taper off...find yourself doing only 20-30 minutes of cardio instead of 45...taper down to training a bodypart every 8-9 days...train one on one off but NEVER on Sundays...

You'll thank me later!
?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2006, 11:09:09 AM »
Mike, what are your plans after the contest in terms of where you want to stay year round? weight, BF%

this question and blockheads.............. ....

depending on how i do

id like to compete again ................
id like to stay fairly lean and bring up my legs
i don't want to "blow up"
i enjoyed tremendously the pre-contest prep and fear i will be bummed when it's over
so i think id like to keep improving
pick my next show and go for it!
(lol.........im hoping Larry and Laura are up for all this madness again!)
my weight .................i have not weighed myself in awhile
i will do so tonite at the gym

again......thanks to everyone for there support !
it's been a great ride so far

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »

I feel ya, Mikey I really do...as grueling as a pre-contest prep is...the waking up early, the cardio, training, timing, stress, the busy-ness of it all...it is all somuch fun and so enjoyable. It really is...the challenge of it all everything! It is something only people who go through this will ever understand. I cant WAIT to do it again...everything is so structured...everything is for a reason during that time.

You wont get too bummed after the show if you do as Dorian did or I do or NCNPC29 reccomends...keep at it and keep improving...always train with a purpose and keep your eye on the prize.

As of now...you should be at cardio everyday...40 minutes everymorning quitting cardio Thursday before the show...

Try to throw in about...15-20 minutes of light intensity cardio after weight training. Come in RIPPED! Come in peeled as possible...you already have muscle...mantain THAT and come in dry and ripped! Fk being big...anyone can be BIG. Football players are big...you have enough size...come in RIPPED as you can. Mantain...keep pumping away...try to etch in details. Dont lighten up too much...train to failure...keep squatting! Your carbs should probably be around...50-75 daily...basically revolving around pre/post workout only...rest of the day it should be vegetables...or a protein meal with a few EFA's of fishoils...up your good fats a little in the form of flax or efa's etc...

Your water should be about 1 gallon a day. Keep tanning as well...you should be having 3-4 servings of BCAA's and Glutamine daily...morning, midday, pre/post workout...pre/post cardio...bedtime...middl e of the night when you awake to pee...a handful of BCAA caps and mouthful of glutamine. Creatine...if you use any...should be only at 3-5 grams POST weight training. None on your off days...cut it out completely probably...7-10 daysbefore the show.

Dial it in! You still have work to do...I think you might have about...4-6lbs of fat to lose in this time...and you'll probably drop 8-10lbs of water if done right...then w/ color on, carbed up...you're gonna look awesome! watch...the night before the show when your coloris on looking in the mirror...you're gonna be shocked! I know the feeling...most people who post here doesnt. Holla!
?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 11:34:46 AM »
I feel ya, Mikey I really do...as grueling as a pre-contest prep is...the waking up early, the cardio, training, timing, stress, the busy-ness of it all...it is all somuch fun and so enjoyable. It really is...the challenge of it all everything! It is something only people who go through this will ever understand. I cant WAIT to do it again...everything is so structured...everything is for a reason during that time.

You wont get too bummed after the show if you do as Dorian did or I do or NCNPC29 reccomends...keep at it and keep improving...always train with a purpose and keep your eye on the prize.

As of now...you should be at cardio everyday...40 minutes everymorning quitting cardio Thursday before the show...

Try to throw in about...15-20 minutes of light intensity cardio after weight training. Come in RIPPED! Come in peeled as possible...you already have muscle...mantain THAT and come in dry and ripped! Fk being big...anyone can be BIG. Football players are big...you have enough size...come in RIPPED as you can. Mantain...keep pumping away...try to etch in details. Dont lighten up too much...train to failure...keep squatting! Your carbs should probably be around...50-75 daily...basically revolving around pre/post workout only...rest of the day it should be vegetables...or a protein meal with a few EFA's of fishoils...up your good fats a little in the form of flax or efa's etc...

Your water should be about 1 gallon a day. Keep tanning as well...you should be having 3-4 servings of BCAA's and Glutamine daily...morning, midday, pre/post workout...pre/post cardio...bedtime...middl e of the night when you awake to pee...a handful of BCAA caps and mouthful of glutamine. Creatine...if you use any...should be only at 3-5 grams POST weight training. None on your off days...cut it out completely probably...7-10 daysbefore the show.

Dial it in! You still have work to do...I think you might have about...4-6lbs of fat to lose in this time...and you'll probably drop 8-10lbs of water if done right...then w/ color on, carbed up...you're gonna look awesome! watch...the night before the show when your coloris on looking in the mirror...you're gonna be shocked! I know the feeling...most people who post here doesnt. Holla!

Great post.................... .great advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

while doing AM cardio on an empty stomach feeling like im gunna puke

i started to get sad/depressed thinking that it's all going to be over soon

weird huh???

NCNPC29

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 01:52:45 PM »
Great post and advice Blockhead... Mike, do you have some good help in terms of the last week i.e. carb depleting, loading, water etc? One mistake I made my last show, since it was the only one I've done, was really being overly careful about spilling over during my carb loading. I depleted myself really severly because in my mind it was better to come in really tight than smooth in any aspect. I ended up being really flat and my body just would not respond to any carbs the day before and the day of but I am glad I stayed conservative for my first show because it is SO hard to try and predict how your body will respond. My advice if you don't have any one really exp. helping you is stay conservative. I know at this point you probably have way too many "cooks in the kitchen" but to do all that work and then possibly spill over would be very frustrating. I also think the judges really award on conditioning. I was very flat but took second in my class. Two days later after eating a bunch of crap I was 20lbs heavier and still had deep abs and tons of veins... I wish that could of been the day of the show but man you will learn so much about your body it will blow your mind... I wish you the best of luck!!

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 02:13:49 PM »
(lol.........im hoping Larry and Laura are up for all this madness again!)

Mike, anytime you want my assistance, you got it,just let me know.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »
Or you can always compromise!

this is cool. Arvilla all eyes will be on you if you do this  8)
just push some weight!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 02:34:55 PM »
 Thanks, NCNPC29...I try!

I think a good tip for Mikey here would be this...as far as carb loading goes.

Sunday(before Saturday show) intake would be 50, Monday would be 25, Tuesday would be 25 and Wednesday...try to bring it down to as close as ZERO if you can...live on aminos, glutamine, turkey or chicken/broccoli and EFA's with every meal...

Thursday...after his final cardio session in the morning(by this time...cardio is done with NO stimulants such as ECA...) matter o' fact...cut out all 'fat burners' by Tuesday. So if I were Mikey...Thursday I would carb load w/ baked potatoes...2 w/ every meal...strive for at least 400grams of carbs...taper off the carbs in the evening(use vanadyl sulfate if you have it) with every meal...

Dont use slin' like most dickheads on here will probably chime in and say so...but taper off the carbs to one baked potato by 5pm...and then another one with a meal by 8pm...then half a potato by 10-ish...your protein source should be STEAK...it will fill you out a little better than chicken or turkey...

Friday...no training or cardio. Just put color on and try to stay a little active...do houseowrk...move around go for a walk...keep glycogen circulating around...on Friday...you can pick and choose...you can decide based on how you look in the mirror if you need to fill out a little more you can go with 300-400 grams of carbs again...or play it safe...if you think you look good enough...go with a conservative load with say...200...MAYBE 300grams of carbs...I say to taper it off as the day gets later to 'reshock' your system 8-10 hours later when you have a nice big healthy breakfast consisting of whole wheat pancakes w/ low sugar syrup with steak.

Thats just what I would do...take out of it what you will, brother!

By 10-12 days out from the show...if you can help it cut out your protein shakes completley and rely on real whole foods. How do you plan on manipulating your water?
?

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 03:44:18 PM »
Quote from: Blockhead
most people who post here doesnt.

::) ::) ::)
Ron Paul 2012

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 05:56:40 PM »
 How many competitors will be at the show?

youngguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2006, 06:06:20 PM »
Hey mike,
looking good man. I know what you are going through. I did my first show last year. I don't know if you ever felt this way but i was one of those young guys that thought i was big and could get in shape easy. then I did a show and in the end dropped 42 lbs and was amazed to see the real me. good and areas for improvement. any way your progress is great keep plugging away and TRY not to think about that pizza. Good Luck!!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
How many competitors will be at the show?

a couple more excluding him...

So arvilla, your top 3 is guaranteed!!
I am a mini beast

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 06:10:25 PM »
a couple more excluding him...

So arvilla, your top 3 is guaranteed!!

I don't care what anyone says, I would keep a trophy even if I competed against no one to earn it.

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2006, 08:05:12 PM »
Mike you're looking great.  My gym has a bunch of flyers printed off for the show.  Toney Freeman is guest posing.  I think it will be a fun show.  I might attend, I love bodybuilding, but the shows are a little weird.  Good luck with the last two weeks, I'm sure you'll do great.