Author Topic: IFBB Athletes Rep.  (Read 12322 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: IFBB Athletes Rep.
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2006, 09:32:34 AM »
Chick can only do so much. It really doesnt work without the BB behind him
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 09:33:08 AM »
Last I knew, the Toronto Pro was cancelled...hard to get screwed at a show that never takes place.

No one got screwed?  
What about the guys who bought plane tickets for them and their families, booked hotel rooms, and rearranged their lives to diet and travel to the shows?  Some of these guys were not able to get into the US-  Dillet for example.  Athletes lost tens of thousands of ability to earn that they had counted on.  

Kinda weird... I thought you'd be all over the lost income, Bob.  Guys lost money on prep and travel costs and got nothing but a "make lemonade, kid" in return.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 05:29:59 PM »
No one got screwed?  
What about the guys who bought plane tickets for them and their families, booked hotel rooms, and rearranged their lives to diet and travel to the shows?  Some of these guys were not able to get into the US-  Dillet for example.  Athletes lost tens of thousands of ability to earn that they had counted on.  

Kinda weird... I thought you'd be all over the lost income, Bob.  Guys lost money on prep and travel costs and got nothing but a "make lemonade, kid" in return.

Rob's got a point.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 06:53:46 PM »
...and the fans didn't support the show, result: end of show.

Dillet has only himself to blame for his legal problems...

It's never good when a show cancels...but I tried to get support from the athletes to insure they could get reimbursed for just such an situation...they didn't show any interest.

As I've stated a million times...when the Athletes start caring about THEIR careers, money situation, opportunities, etc... we'll begin to make bigger strides...until then, I'm prettymuch a one man band, unfortunately.

You reap what you soe.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »
...and the fans didn't support the show, result: end of show.

So the fans were responsible for the Toronto Pro being cancelled, even though tickets were never made available for sale on the website?

Interesting...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 07:03:28 PM »
Sales of tickets for all the Toronto Pro's were shitty at best...the area simply does not support a pro show. Some areas are good, some suck...if the fans don't support a show, the promoter cannot continue without taking a huge loss.

If the sponsoring companies don't get a good amount of walk-thru potential buyers of their products...they don't return th next year, as the ROI doesn't justify the expenses/ overhead...simple as that.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 07:05:49 PM »
Sales of tickets for all the Toronto Pro's were shitty at best...the area simply does not support a pro show. Some areas are good, some suck...if the fans don't support a show, the promoter cannot continue without taking a huge loss.

If the sponsoring companies don't get a good amount of walk-thru potential buyers of their products...they don't return th next year, as the ROI doesn't justify the expenses/ overhead...simple as that.

how many miles away from toronto was the toronto pro? :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 07:10:11 PM »
how many miles away from toronto was the toronto pro? :)

Too many...

The show didn't fare much better when it WAS in Toronto...

I like Winston a lot, but he's not a good promoter by any means...

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2006, 07:17:41 PM »
Last I knew, the Toronto Pro was cancelled...hard to get screwed at a show that never takes place.

I'm in contact with all the athletes that competed at the Colorado Pro..so far no one has had a problem to look into....

Look Bob, I for one don't agree with 100% of your ideas, but so what, you are doing your best to make some practical changes for the IFBB pros.

I know that has to be frustrating to you to deal with some morons at times as fans or even other pros.
Some people are like old whores, they just can't ever feel good about who they are, who they screw around with  ;D

Ok serious question: You felt that a pro card should be earned ONLY in the open shows, not the masters nationals.
BUT, you did compete and win in restricted to masters pro event didn't you?
I am not trying to bust your balls, just making a point that masters have a place in the pros.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2006, 07:21:25 PM »
Sales of tickets for all the Toronto Pro's were shitty at best...

Ticket sales will be shitty when the promoter doesn't have them for sale yet.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »
One has nothing to do with the other...

I won a MASTERS Pro title...open to those who fall under the guideline.

If your a pro who happens to fall in the Masters category, so be it...

If your a Masters eligable who happens to win his pro card at the USA/ Nats...God bless you and all the power to ya...

Giving pro cards to Masters national winners....is complete bullshit.

There is a level of achievement one must make in order to obtain a pro card in the IFBB...it's been long established that winning a National title was that hurdle....when we start giving pro cards to "sub-division" winners...the whole credibility issue is challenged.

Whats to stop the over 50, or over 60 winner from wanting HIS pro card?

Bottom line is ....this isn't 3rd grade T-ball, where everyone gets a crack....it's pro sports...bodybuilding in this case. Your either good enough, or you aint...simple as that.

If your good enough to be a pro, your good enough to win a National title.

No other sport in the world does such a thing...why do we?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2006, 07:30:20 PM »
Ticket sales will be shitty when the promoter doesn't have them for sale yet.

Explain the other 3 years...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2006, 07:38:58 PM »

Bob's trying to take away Jocelyn Pelletier's pro card!!  :o

Pssssst..... Bodybuilding is not a sport.

Psssst.......No one gives a fuck what some pussy named Goatboy on a message board thinks.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2006, 07:40:01 PM »

If your a Masters eligable who happens to win his pro card at the USA/ Nats...God bless you and all the power to ya...

There is a level of achievement one must make in order to obtain a pro card in the IFBB...it's been long established that winning a National title was that hurdle....when we start giving pro cards to "sub-division" winners...the whole credibility issue is challenged.

Bottom line is ....this isn't 3rd grade T-ball, where everyone gets a crack....it's pro sports...bodybuilding in this case. Your either good enough, or you aint...simple as that.

I suspected this would be your comeback. I agree with you in part. I think a pro card from the masters nationals should be good only for masters pro shows. I mean c'mon ya gotta admit that Jeffers looked damn good as did Johnny Stewart. Look, I see your point , but having those other masters champs in the line up that turned pro via the masters nationals helped the line up even if you did clearly win.

Plus ya gotta give us  over the hill, never was, old farts a delusional dream that we can get a pro card too, even at 50 ;) Plus, ya gotta admit bodybuilding is pretty unique..... :D  Ok if a guy like me can get all wacky and think they have a shot at being a pro, maybe they should prevent anyone from even THINKING that for the dignity of the sport  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hey if Peltier can be on a pro stage, well, what harm is it......

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2006, 07:41:56 PM »
Explain the other 3 years...

Explain the IFBB's decision to grant him a 2006 show based upon these numbers.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2006, 07:44:11 PM »
Explain the IFBB's decision to grant him a 2006 show based upon these numbers.

Got me by the balls.

not my dept. unfortunately...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2006, 07:53:26 PM »
I suspected this would be your comeback. I agree with you in part. I think a pro card from the masters nationals should be good only for masters pro shows. I mean c'mon ya gotta admit that Jeffers looked damn good as did Johnny Stewart. Look, I see your point , but having those other masters champs in the line up that turned pro via the masters nationals helped the line up even if you did clearly win.

Plus ya gotta give us  over the hill, never was, old farts a delusional dream that we can get a pro card too, even at 50 ;) Plus, ya gotta admit bodybuilding is pretty unique..... :D  Ok if a guy like me can get all wacky and think they have a shot at being a pro, maybe they should prevent anyone from even THINKING that for the dignity of the sport  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hey if Peltier can be on a pro stage, well, what harm is it......

Exactly what I'm trying to prevent...giving hope to 50-60 year old guys, and dandgling the carrot in front of them to take un-neccesary risks with their health to obtain a lifelong dream of standing on a IFBB stage...

Does Don Youngblood ring a bell??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2006, 07:54:35 PM »
Exactly what I'm trying to prevent...giving hope to 50-60 year old guys, and dandgling the carrot in front of them to take un-neccesary risks with their health to obtain a lifelong dream of standing on a IFBB stage...

Are you saying the sport of BBing is dangerous, Bob? 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2006, 07:57:11 PM »
It's certainlly MORE dangerous to a 50-60 year old, isn't it?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
It's certainlly MORE dangerous to a 50-60 year old, isn't it?

i hope baby Hercules gets off it soon before it messes with his internals

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2006, 08:05:13 PM »

In the words of Bill Clinton , " I feel your pain on this".  ;)I know, and can accept that you want a pro card to carry prestige, fair enough.
On a personal note, I knew years ago I didn't quite have the right/ideal "look" on stage to go pro no matter what I did. Thus, I never pushed the drug envelope, never had the temptation. I had some renewed hope when the Team U was formed , but same issue, not the ideal look drugs or not.
However even if I was in my prime with ideal genetics, I still would not do what it took to go for a pro card.
I love bodybuilding as you well know , but I make my living as a teacher. Even if I had the talent I couldn't risk the LEGAL stuff involved (drugs) for fear of losing my teaching certificate.
THAT has always been my main gripe with drug use  being uncontrolled in elite level bodybuilding. I don't think a guy should be prevented from useing roids,but sadly the federal law does not agree and the reality is different. Why be forced to risk breaking the law  just to compete fairly???Sorry to bring this up, but it is an obvious dilemma is it not?
Howard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2006, 08:09:02 PM »
  You're like Arvilla on (more) steroids.  ::)

T3rvilla is not here for praise, and Bob doesn't care what strangers think.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2006, 08:09:08 PM »
There should be multiple reps.  How can one guy in CA represent every bber in the world?  There are pros in every country.  Maybe there should be multiple reps and those are the ones that would meet like twice a year at the O and Arnold.

I mean, how many pros from all over the world want to fly to Vegas to be heard.  Multiple reps could represent the attitude of the athletes better...

are you trying to imply that no one gives a shit about ifbb pro's outside the US, including the ifbb?
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2006, 08:12:08 PM »
Jim Manion makes NPC fees off of those 50-60 year old fools.  I'd be willing to bet the Master's division of the NPC makes him a pretty penny.

As long as that's true, he will never let you get rid of the carrot that pushes it along.

you're a pussy named Goatboy, what do you know?
Deep Tissue Massage

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2006, 08:25:28 PM »

100% agree with the narcsist for a change ;)
fallen angel