Author Topic: Did Phil Heath cash his check?  (Read 30289 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Did Phil Heath cash his check?
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:27:14 PM »
It appears that Phil has not been able to cash his check yet from the Colorado Pro. An aquaintance has been trying to post on here about this 3 times with each time getting deleted.  The check DID bounce and that to this date it has not been paid.  2 weeks after the show!  Why all the lies all the time from the IFBB kiss-asses.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Why LIE?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »

I emailed Ron and suggested he might want to CONTACT PHIL DIRECTLY for the final word.  During the last 24 hours, a few people have contacted me (the resident conspirator) and said that all bank snafus aside, Phil still doesn't have his money. I don't know- or claim to know- what the truth is.  But with that Orlando promoter STILL catching flack for what happened over a year ago, I thought this should be resolved and confirmed by phil and/or heath.  

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 03:46:08 PM »
Maybe the idea was to put the money earned from the show into this account.. Then enjoy the profits after all the pros deposit their checks..  One thing.. Don't enjoy the profits first!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
THIS IS THE JOB FOR THE ATHLETES' REP!

If this is true I'm sure that Bob and other IFBB officials are taking the necessary action to get it straightened out.

What is really interesting here though is that it took an "outsider" (someone outside of the BB industry) to get the word out to the rest of us.

Could it be possible that an "insider" could be penalized in some manner if he disclosed these "facts"and .... if these  "facts" were in fact  true?

It happens often in big business. It's in the paper just about every week.

Go for it , BOB!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Did Phil Heath cash his check?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »

Phil is in California doing a photo shoot for Flex Magazine. Will look into it.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 04:41:53 PM »
What happened to the original thread with all the posts?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 04:48:29 PM »

Deleted. The question is here. Now we will verify it. I don't need to see tons of posts with all these stories on who and what if the original question is a lie. We will wait until we get verification on it. Simple as that.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »
phil, if true you can have the person who issued it arrested.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 04:57:01 PM »
Deleted. The question is here. Now we will verify it. I don't need to see tons of posts with all these stories on who and what if the original question is a lie. We will wait until we get verification on it. Simple as that.

I don't remember anything malicious in any of the posts. I don't see why you deleted them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 04:57:47 PM »
Maybe when Shawn kept complaining about the low IM prize money?  Has he not heard about the free market and supply and demand?  It was never Shawn's right to demand that they increase prize money.  If the pros willingly go on stage to win peanuts they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Now that Shawn's contest with increased prize money has resulted in a huge financial loss he may be better aware of the state of the bodybuilding economy.

I'd rather have the $10k cash in my bank account than a $25k IOU from Shawn Ray ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 04:58:20 PM »

Just ask him if he has received the full amount in his bank yet.  He could very easily be manipulated into saying nothing bad about the subjct which would be smart anyway, since causing any flack could result in him getting a black eye within the IFBB.  It happens all the time.  The guys who cause flack or complain are the ones who get it in the ass in the future.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 04:59:51 PM »
As a compromise, how about 15K worth of one-on-one Shawn Ray personal training?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 05:01:05 PM »

There's a whole lot of crap going on these days, depending on who you bank with.

Back in the old days, there was always a standard hold on checks that were over a certain amount or which came from out-of-state.  It generally took at least 3-4 days for those checks to be paid by the originating bank anyway, so that was fine.

Then, the fine folks who run the ACH network decided that they would start 'clearing' checks almost instantaneously, which meant that folks who made a habit of 'kiting' checks would be in danger of bouncing checks if they didn't change their ways.  For check recipients, that was SUPPOSED to be good news, because it meant they'd get paid a lot faster.

Well, not so fast...

Apparently, what a lot of big banks are now doing is putting a hold on all large amounts and that hold time has gone now from 5 business days up to as long as 20 days!  Keep in mind that they are delaying funds from being credited to your account, even though they have the money sitting in theirs...collecting YOUR interest.

Furthermore - and this is something that's totally inexcusable - large sum wire transfers are no longer instantaneous either.  Depending on your bank, the threshold can be as low as $5000, meaning that anytime you get an amount over that by wire, you'll have to wait until the 3rd or 4th business day to actually access your money, even though the funds cleared into your bank within minutes after being sent.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 05:01:39 PM »
Why was IFAST400 (Mike's post) deleted?  That was a very interesting side to this.  Why was he requiered to have his prize money for the Charlotte Pro in an account 8 months prior to his show.  And then the check was issued to the winners from the IFBB.  Why didn't the Colorado Prohave to do this.  And why would the IFBB issue the check at Mikes show.  Where was the money deposited?  Hopefully not into an account for the IFBB so they can draw the interest on it instead of Mike.  I think this is impratant that the IFBB sets rules yet never abides by them.  Why would anyone support this.  Beyond me.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »
Why was IFAST400 (Mike's post) deleted?  That was a very interesting side to this.  Why was he requiered to have his prize money for the Charlotte Pro in an account 8 months prior to his show.  And then the check was issued to the winners from the IFBB.  Why didn't the Colorado Prohave to do this.  

:o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 05:03:12 PM »
I think the biggest thing might be that VYO was able to pay Heath directly.  Mike of Bulk Nutrition was forced to pay the IFBB the money in JANUARY for a show later in the year, and the IFBB issued the winners' check.  Mike was told this was REQUIRED.

Why the inconsistent enforcement of policy?????

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 05:05:44 PM »
is it possible to take legal action

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 05:06:20 PM »
Why was IFAST400 (Mike's post) deleted?  That was a very interesting side to this.  Why was he requiered to have his prize money for the Charlotte Pro in an account 8 months prior to his show.  And then the check was issued to the winners from the IFBB.  Why didn't the Colorado Prohave to do this.  And why would the IFBB issue the check at Mikes show.  Where was the money deposited?  Hopefully not into an account for the IFBB so they can draw the interest on it instead of Mike.  I think this is impratant that the IFBB sets rules yet never abides by them.  Why would anyone support this.  Beyond me.

Of course it was placed in their account to build interest.  Quick way to make some extra bucks
A

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 05:06:39 PM »
Where's Shawn on this?  ???

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 05:11:59 PM »
Why was IFAST400 (Mike's post) deleted?  That was a very interesting side to this.  Why was he requiered to have his prize money for the Charlotte Pro in an account 8 months prior to his show.  And then the check was issued to the winners from the IFBB.  Why didn't the Colorado Prohave to do this.  And why would the IFBB issue the check at Mikes show.  Where was the money deposited?  Hopefully not into an account for the IFBB so they can draw the interest on it instead of Mike.  I think this is impratant that the IFBB sets rules yet never abides by them.  Why would anyone support this.  Beyond me.

Is it possible that Vyotech is a bigger player and sponsor in the industry than Mike???  It could be a Double Standard! Anyway... let us see what Ron gets from Phil on the matter.

PS Ron needs to run ads on this site to generate revenues.  User base is too big not to be generating money.  Could use the funds to sponsor shows as far as adding prize money.
Oh...Monica!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 05:13:01 PM »
Of course it was placed in their account to build interest.  Quick way to make some extra bucks

Mike should sue for interest!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 05:15:18 PM »

Yes, he should sue for interest.  Mike's an honest person who plays by the rules and made sure that the show was taken care of and that the prize money was taken care of.

Truthfully, I knew about this 2 days ago but I didn't mention it because I just started selling Vyo-Tech Products and didn't want to get in any trouble.  I'm sure there's an explanation behind this
A

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 05:15:40 PM »
There's a whole lot of crap going on these days, depending on who you bank with.

Back in the old days, there was always a standard hold on checks that were over a certain amount or which came from out-of-state.  It generally took at least 3-4 days for those checks to be paid by the originating bank anyway, so that was fine.

Then, the fine folks who run the ACH network decided that they would start 'clearing' checks almost instantaneously, which meant that folks who made a habit of 'kiting' checks would be in danger of bouncing checks if they didn't change their ways.  For check recipients, that was SUPPOSED to be good news, because it meant they'd get paid a lot faster.

Well, not so fast...

Apparently, what a lot of big banks are now doing is putting a hold on all large amounts and that hold time has gone now from 5 business days up to as long as 20 days!  Keep in mind that they are delaying funds from being credited to your account, even though they have the money sitting in theirs...collecting YOUR interest.

Furthermore - and this is something that's totally inexcusable - large sum wire transfers are no longer instantaneous either.  Depending on your bank, the threshold can be as low as $5000, meaning that anytime you get an amount over that by wire, you'll have to wait until the 3rd or 4th business day to actually access your money, even though the funds cleared into your bank within minutes after being sent.

If I was to win an amount like that I would personally go to the bank on Monday and cash the check.  My friend was here had wrestled in an event where he got paid $5,000.  The promoter tried to pay him only $2,500.  Well my friend who is a HUGE guy convince the promoter to pay him the $5,000.  Well one of the associates of the promter came up to us and said you guys better go to the bank first thing tommorrow and cash the check cause she is going to close the account tommorrow.  SO we did he got paid and on the way out of the driveway, the promoter drove up and I found out closed the account that morning.  Especially checks paid on a local bank and you live somewhere else.  The promoter should have gone to the bank with Phil if he requested and personally verified the check.  

Also, as we all know Sean must had have made sure everyone in that bank knew who he was.  Plus with all the money going throught that bank and that account he should have been pretty well known after 6 months of doing business there.  I sure know I was.  

No matter what NO check shoudl have bounced and now it appears it is beyond that.

Tre, there were many other checks that bounced too, not just Phils.  I know all about having holds put on checks.  I live in Hawaii and we are notrious for it, since out of state really means OUT OF STATE.  I also know how banking is cause I grew up with it.  Which doesn't mean I know all about banking but I do know a little.  When their is a show like this which brings in allot of money in a relatively short time and in larges amounts, the depositer can and usually does have a person who will help them personally through many if not all banking issues.  I mean I had and still have my bank call me if a check comes in or credit card purchase come through that looks odd or could be posted against funds I may not have, so I can transfer money to cover it.

Also the wire transfer issue is sometimes very funny.  I wire money all the time between my Vegas account and here.  Sometime allot sometime a little.  And it does surprise me that the money isn't instaneous.  I have waited a day sometimes but most of the time I can get it by the end of the day depending on when I do it.  

NO MATTER WHAT THIS SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 05:16:45 PM »

Banks dont pay crap on $10K as far as interest goes...esp for a couple of months.  Have to get a better one than this.
Oh...Monica!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »
Banks dont pay crap on $10K as far as interest goes...esp for a couple of months.  Have to get a better one than this.

Maybe the athletes should sue for interest, too ::)