Author Topic: Who's Next in the BB Dead Pool?  (Read 13203 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Who's Next in the BB Dead Pool?
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:37:22 PM »
Who's Next in the BB Dead Pool?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

HowDog

• Getbig II
Re: Who's Next in the BB Dead Pool?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:44:25 PM »
Keep it clean this time so the thread stays here guys.

I would vote for Branch Warren after reading about his near death experience at the 2001 nationals.  Funny thing is, Tom Prince was the one who provided him with the diuretics for that show.

Don't pretend for a second there weren't long term consequences from that Branch.

Ron coleman, it will happen.

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:50:24 PM »
He says he's healthier than his doctor.

I do wonder about Jay sometimes though.  He is beet red all the time but that might just be from the tanning.

That's what he says remember he has endorsements we will never know what is really happening behind the scenes but it is not good.  I don't wish harm but he is playing with some dangerous drugs and is in no way a role model for children. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »
Judge/promoter *Merv Steinberger* won't make it two years.  His father passed away at 43 from heart disease.  it's common knowledge that he is usually quite emotional, roided out the ass, and gets into arguments at a lot of shows.  Man is beetfaced red at many shows.  My money is on him next.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:24:53 PM »
Dexter because of the extremes he puts his body through to get so shreded (and past out at the Arnold)

Victor Martinez, from what I hear he not only trains hard but parties in the same fashion

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 10:42:22 PM »
He says he's healthier than his doctor.

and you believe that shit? With all the juices and GH that gorilla ate and he's healthier than his doctor?

Man, I wonder if his doctor is sick at that time
I am a mini beast

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 10:45:16 PM »
i saw lee priest's latest reality DVD and in clips from the arnold dexter didn't look so special.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:46:42 PM »

I would vote for Branch Warren after reading about his near death experience at the 2001 nationals.  Funny thing is, Tom Prince was the one who provided him with the diuretics for that show.

Don't pretend for a second there weren't long term consequences from that Branch.

Two pics of Branch, five years apart--at the 2001 Nationals, and the 2006 Arnold Classic:

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 10:48:24 PM »

warren has a strangely striking resemblance to TP

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 10:51:44 PM »
warren has a strangely striking resemblance to TP

Dude, Warren looks really bad compared to five years ago, wow how can you do that to yourself.  He must have mental problems. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 10:52:06 PM »
Maybe Branch has that condition causing the face to redden/splotch when body temp rises. Maybe it's something he takes pre-show to thin the skin.  

I personally think he's probably fine.  If his skin is that thin all over his body, it's going to be that thin on his head and show whatever's going on beneath the skin.

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 10:54:48 PM »
Maybe Branch has that condition causing the face to redden/splotch when body temp rises. Maybe it's something he takes pre-show to thin the skin. 

I personally think he's probably fine.  If his skin is that thin all over his body, it's going to be that thin on his head and show whatever's going on beneath the skin.

Well maybe so but it is not pleasing to look at, no wonder bb is not on espn anymore.  The guys look like freaks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 11:02:04 PM »
Well maybe so but it is not pleasing to look at, no wonder bb is not on espn anymore.  The guys look like freaks.

I think fans equate paper skin with harder working guys.  Branch is usually the most popular guy in any show he's in from the house fans- boos reign down when he takes 2nd, no matter what.  And he's had some cover shots too.  So despite that grill, ppl like him.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 11:14:13 PM »
Branch looked very unhealthy
I am a mini beast

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 03:17:30 AM »
Who is his doctor the guy in Gunsmoke.  I highly doubt Ronnie is as healthy as any doctor in any field including vets. 

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 03:30:26 AM »
 he looks horrible now and 10 times more unhealthy. Look at his noggin, LOL. Noggin seems to be more changed than body too.
MIRAGETROPIN

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 07:22:13 AM »

dont know if its just the lighting or he is not fully flexing in the 2nd pic but i wouldnt even say his body looks any better now than 5 yrs ago !!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 07:29:40 AM »
Branch looked very unhealthy

it's called bad Pro Tan application......If you look at competitors, many do not put anything on their face as the sweating from the lights causes it to run....

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 07:32:15 AM »
Two pics of Branch, five years apart--at the 2001 Nationals, and the 2006 Arnold Classic:

He does look a bit like a geezer in the second pic ;D

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

He doesn't age very gracefully.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 07:42:29 AM »
it's called bad Pro Tan application......If you look at competitors, many do not put anything on their face as the sweating from the lights causes it to run....

Agreed, but if the competitors where a bit smarter, they would use a different tanner for their face (like loreal or some stuff they can get at the drug store).  That stuff "holds" better when sweating - and who cares if the face isn't quite as dark, at least it's better than a runny, blotchy tan...
Motherboy (the band).

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »
What happend with Branch at the nationals?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 07:47:46 AM »
Funny thing is, if you compare competition pics, these guys look 10-15 years older than they actually are!
I noticed this with Levrone, he looks like he's in his 20 now, when he competed he looked like late 30s.

When i saw Coleman from close, i was astonished about how good his skin really looked. He looked better than most 40 years olds.

Even if roids and the extreme conditions before competitions would make you look older, the huge amounts of GH would also have their effect to keep the body younger in a way.
Either way, being a professional bodybuilder is not the healthiest thing you can do in your life.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 07:49:21 AM »
Im going to go with Mustafa because of a couple of his close calls during contest time. Could end up like Mohammed Bennaziza

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 07:52:08 AM »
Funny thing is, if you compare competition pics, these guys look 10-15 years older than they actually are!
I noticed this with Levrone, he looks like he's in his 20 now, when he competed he looked like late 30s.

When i saw Coleman from close, i was astonished about how good his skin really looked. He looked better than most 40 years olds.

Even if roids and the extreme conditions before competitions would make you look older, the huge amounts of GH would also have their effect to keep the body younger in a way.
Either way, being a professional bodybuilder is not the healthiest thing you can do in your life.

Tom Prince is a great example of this.