Author Topic: Anyone else watch royce gracie get owned by matt hughes last nite?  (Read 13502 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Anyone else watch royce gracie get owned by matt hughes last nite?
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »
Dude get real..."hating on him" ::) I don't know the guy.  I've said nothing against him personally.  So no I'm not "hating".  Clearly he is at the top of his game and a dominating fighter in his class.  He is as well rounded as they come.  However, we all have our favorties that we root for, and for me Matt is not one of them.  I'm very much looking forward to the rematch with GSP.  Both have improved big time since their last encounter.  It should be an awesome fight... 

Dude, get real this post below along with your other post certainly looks like you're "hating" on him, obviously not on a personal level (bringing that up is a bit much) but certainly as a spectator watching a fighter.
Dude.

I hope GSP mops the floor with him...

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 07:53:56 AM »
Dude, get real this post below along with your other post certainly looks like you're "hating" on him, obviously not on a personal level (bringing that up is a bit much) but certainly as a spectator watching a fighter.
Dude.

Bro, I don't "hate" anybody.  I like GSP and I do hope he mops the floor with Matt, bro...
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2006, 08:31:09 AM »
Bro, I don't "hate" anybody.  I like GSP and I do hope he mops the floor with Matt, bro...

Bro, are you really debating the semantics of hate and hating? Think of the word hating as a verb, you hating on someone doesn't necessarily mean you hate them, it means you're ragging on them.

As for GSP, he's fantastic, incredibly athletic and fun to watch and his elbows are devastating. As for him mopping the floor with Hughes, I don't see that happening but it's going to be an extremely entertaining fight.

I see Hughes winning a close match by submission.

Two years from now GSP will be the champ though, Hughes days are numbered.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2006, 03:19:57 PM »
Bro, are you really debating the semantics of hate and hating? Think of the word hating as a verb, you hating on someone doesn't necessarily mean you hate them, it means you're ragging on them.

As for GSP, he's fantastic, incredibly athletic and fun to watch and his elbows are devastating. As for him mopping the floor with Hughes, I don't see that happening but it's going to be an extremely entertaining fight.

I see Hughes winning a close match by submission.

Two years from now GSP will be the champ though, Hughes days are numbered.

Okay then...I am ragging on Hughes.  As for GSP, if he loses this one, I'm guessing he is off to Pride...

BTW, has this fight been scheduled yet ???
w

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2006, 03:43:05 PM »
Nah, they haven't announced the fight yet, but it is pretty much a sure bet to be on the UFC 62 card.
white belt for life