Author Topic: Forearm pain  (Read 4036 times)

TreeMoney

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Forearm pain
« on: June 20, 2006, 09:04:01 AM »
I get this shooting pain on the pinky side of my forearms after every set of curls no matter if i use the straight bar or curl bar. Even when doing some back exercises (if i'm holding the bar palms up), i experience this pain in my forearms. Its a shooting pain which runs all the way up the outside of my forearms. Does anyone know why this happens? Or how to prevent it from happening? Thanks in advance. John

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Re: Forearm pain
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »
Paging Dr. Migs.  ;D
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:08:04 AM »
if the wrists are tilted to one side, or twisted, or a combination of these two positions, then it is much more likely that injury will develop because the flexors and extensors are under strain in these positions. The parallel configuration of the forearm muscles brings an easy opportunity for adhesions to form in the fascia which wraps the muscles, essentially gluing them together. Strain that occurs due to excessive grasping, holding, lifting, twisting and curling will cause the fascia to undergo a chemical change in an effort to provide support to areas that are overworked. In time the fascia will become sticky and restrictive. Rather than muscles being able to slide and glide effortlessly across one another, muscles that are adhered move as a single unit. I would consider seeing the Dr. and see if this is the issue.  Another issue maybe bone related.  They may have to take an x-ray to see if anything is abnormal.  Hope this helps

TreeMoney

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:59:55 AM »
Thanks Migs. It sounds like you know your sh*t. Not exactly what I was hoping for, it kinda scared me a bit. I hope nothing is serious. I will have to make an appointment to see the Doc. Thanks again. John

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 12:12:51 PM »
Damn I'm on the money.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »
didn't mean to scare you, but sometimes little crap like that has a tendency to be a big deal later on.  Hopefully it's just a strained tendon or muscle and not much more.

I try to provide real info when possible Gaurdian

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:36:46 PM »
So if you had problems with your feet in the other thread I take it you had forearm problems as well?  Must have been all that reversed grip wang chung nonsense you have spoken of.  :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »
haha.  No the forearm pain was from tennis and some from training.  I wanted to go into sports medicine when i first went to college, but certain circumstances changed that.  Same thing with plastic surgery

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 01:49:32 AM »
i had pain in one of my forearms, i think i found out the source of the problem was one of my triceps exercises (where you lift over your head)

dont know if that makes any sense, but thats how i remember it, this was a few years ago

Z

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
I get this shooting pain on the pinky side of my forearms after every set of curls no matter if i use the straight bar or curl bar. Even when doing some back exercises (if i'm holding the bar palms up), i experience this pain in my forearms. Its a shooting pain which runs all the way up the outside of my forearms. Does anyone know why this happens? Or how to prevent it from happening? Thanks in advance. John
Lay off, of the arm workout for about 2 weeks. Let’s see how it feels from there on. Just work on your abs, legs and neck, the fact of the matter is. Too much stress, you must have strained something and it won’t go away without rest. Take care of it; ice it down when you get a chance. Use some bengay or IceyHot, which should help it in the mean time. In about a week of rest, feel it out. It starts hurting again, lay off it immediately . The situation takes longer then 3 weeks, see a doctor for a check up. Trust me man, been there done that.  Keep pumping bro.