Author Topic: Roid Rage Fighting  (Read 3621 times)

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Roid Rage Fighting
« on: June 11, 2006, 11:25:10 AM »
Was wondering how many MMA trained guys around my weight (13 stone) have gone toe to toe with someone much bigger.  I'm not talking a bigger guy naturally i'm talking about those big 20 stone gear heads pumped full of sustanon so much they start on everyone who looks at them for no reason.

The reason i ask is that the only time I almost get into fights these days is when some roid rage freak starts and i usually back down and try to calm them down, call it chicken but even though i can grapple quite respectably i dont see how i could take one of the big freaks out.  This has happened twice in the last two years and drives me up the wall.

Experienced anyone?

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
Re: Roid Rage Fighting
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 11:31:30 AM »
did they tell you they were on sustanon
grundle has no sack,

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 12:32:51 PM »
Was wondering how many MMA trained guys around my weight (13 stone) have gone toe to toe with someone much bigger.  I'm not talking a bigger guy naturally i'm talking about those big 20 stone gear heads pumped full of sustanon so much they start on everyone who looks at them for no reason.

The reason i ask is that the only time I almost get into fights these days is when some roid rage freak starts and i usually back down and try to calm them down, call it chicken but even though i can grapple quite respectably i dont see how i could take one of the big freaks out.  This has happened twice in the last two years and drives me up the wall.

Experienced anyone?

can you please translate stones to pounds, I have always wondered.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »

Experienced anyone?

Yes, let's always blame it on the steroids...  ::)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 01:10:45 PM »
i remember i was at a club in my city (liverpool) called Paradox when i was 18 and i got into an argument with a bouncer simply because he said he didnt like the colour of my jeans (they were black!). Now i dont know why he decided to start on me, but the guy was an obvious juicer and fucking massive but i just stood my ground. I know for a fact i could have taken him down and battered fuck out of him but he had about 10 other bouncers his size right behind him.

The way i see it, if you can talk your way out of the fight then good on you. If you have to fight them, make sure it goes to ground cos they wont be getting up any time soon by themselves!
Scouser on Tour

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 02:57:38 PM »
even though i can grapple quite respectably i dont see how i could take one of the big freaks out. I train with a guy who weights in at 170 lbs and I weight 220 and he owns me everytime we train together. If these guys piss you off take them to the ground and pound the crap out of them. Dont let their muscle fool you, most bbers cant fight for to long anyway they get fatigued real quick

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 10:25:14 PM »
1 stone = roughly 14 pounds
"Shut the F up and train"

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:31:03 PM »
Some MMA fighters use gear, but, for the most part, (so I'm told ;D), an extremely muscled guy will gas relatively easily.  Before anyone starts pointing out heavily muscled pro fighters, think about how the majority of successful fighters have lean but not overly muscled builds...

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:33 PM »
yea most guys i train with are very lanky, there ripped as hell but skinny. im not no beast either but im pretty buffed out, they still own me.... muscles do not mean much in bjj, now in mma, sometimes it will give you an advantage in certain areas to b stronger

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 09:49:25 PM »
Some MMA fighters use gear, but, for the most part, (so I'm told ;D), an extremely muscled guy will gas relatively easily.  Before anyone starts pointing out heavily muscled pro fighters, think about how the majority of successful fighters have lean but not overly muscled builds...

Really? Ken Shamrock, Don Fry, Dan Severn, Mark Kerr, Mark Coleman, .....all pretty heavily muscled.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 06:51:29 AM »
I rhink i came across a little wrong, i have nothing against body builders or steroid users hell ive run a few courses myself before now.  What i have noticed however is that you do get arse holes who over juice and were probably picked on as a kid who come looking for trouble.  Both times ive almost got into a fight with 20 stone plus guys was because.............. wait for it............... I looked at them, not stared............. glanced and this was purely cause of the freakish size.
No one ive ever hit on the chin has stayed up for more than one, can a 20 stone guy take a punch better than a normal guy? 
Guys the size of say royce for instance never win by knock out, could royce have knock out kimo with one punch even if he stood there hands down chin high? 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 04:44:28 PM »
Really? Ken Shamrock, Don Fry, Dan Severn, Mark Kerr, Mark Coleman, .....all pretty heavily muscled.

Yeah, but you're talking about 5 guys out of many.  Think about Couture, Liddell, Jackson, St. Pierre, Hughes,etc.  Muscular but not bulky...all the guys you're listing have, in one fight or another, all gassed out.  All great fighters, but not known for being cardio machines.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 06:29:03 PM »
Tito and Rich Franklin best cardio in mma - not sure about pride fighter
RIP Bob Probert

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 10:15:21 PM »
Yeah, but you're talking about 5 guys out of many.  Think about Couture, Liddell, Jackson, St. Pierre, Hughes,etc.  Muscular but not bulky...all the guys you're listing have, in one fight or another, all gassed out.  All great fighters, but not known for being cardio machines.

5 guys that have all been heavyweight champions.