Author Topic: gear and anesthesia  (Read 6226 times)

elvis

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
gear and anesthesia
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:31:42 PM »
hey guy's, i am going  in  for  some  minor  surgery on my neck, i am being put under (breathing tube and  all)  i have been "on" for   5 weeks now (750  test-e,  600  deca, and some ad-75  weeks  1-4.
anyone have  any  info on  this  subject? 
thanks

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: gear and anesthesia
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:48:21 PM »
whats the question?

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
I think he is wondering if there will be any complications while being knocked out, because he is on gear.
U

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »
well first off I would tell the Dr. that your on gear to be on the safe side,they wont and cant say anything to anyone.

I wont and cant say anything could happen when your under cause everyones body reacts differently!!!!

Just tell them that your on it and they can answer your question better for you its not a big deal.... good luck.

elvis

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 04:06:21 PM »
thanks guys,  yes that was the ?, sorry i wasnt specific.  i guess i will just tell the  doc. like u said.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »
its better to hear it from the Doc.then one of us.

I really dont think theres to much to worry about but you just never know.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »
Definetly go to a doc. I remember when I was supposed to be put under for a wisdom tooth extraction, as soon as I mentioned gear the surgeon said he didn't want to do it, and told me to come back when I was off, he said it can really mess up the anaesthetic and levels of stuff they give you.

anabol-lektor

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 10:27:51 PM »
dude, surgery is a no no while on gear, you could bleed to death...
Vince G kynoselen KING!

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »
See thats a perfect example of how usefull these boards are, I would have thought it would have been no big deal...........Thanks bros
U

elvis

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:34:32 AM »
so this is what happend.  i call tha doc the day b-4 surgery, he says "i dont know"  tells me to ask anesthisialogist, so when i am in the room all hooked up he finally pops in, i tell him i am on AS and he has a melt down,  i ask him what the risks are and he says "i dont know" and walks out. to make a long story short, they asked me to leave. and proceeded to lecture me on how my health and life are in danger... blh...blah...blah.
so, i still have no answer. nor did they and that is why i still have a f-in lump in my neck.  what amazed me was the extreme lack  of knowledge from these "professionals"  (but knew enough to lecture)
till next time...keep growin

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 11:07:14 AM »

roids will effect the way you heal .. plus effect your immune system .. so god help you when they open you up and all the beastys flood in .

other than that .... no probs what so ever !  ;)

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »
I would just stop for a few weeks and get the problem taken care of and then start back up.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »
roids will effect the way you heal .. plus effect your immune system .. so god help you when they open you up and all the beastys flood in .

other than that .... no probs what so ever !  ;)

Exactly, gear inhibits your immune system (you don't recover from things like bleeding and surgery, not to mention colds and flu's as well) so you can imagine what the problem would be with going under the knife while on a cycle..

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 08:23:30 PM »
Exactly, gear inhibits your immune system (you don't recover from things like bleeding and surgery, not to mention colds and flu's as well) so you can imagine what the problem would be with going under the knife while on a cycle..

Where on earth did you get that "information" from?  :D

This entire thread is pretty darned funny to me. 

Heres the deal..... using anabolics are similar to use of other illegal drugs in the minds of health care providers---ie surgeons and anesthesiologists.  I'm willing to bet neither one of those two doctors have an actual clue what those drugs would do or if there would even be any negative effects from the surgery.  HOWEVER, you (elvis) informed them prior to the surgery that you are partaking in drugs that are both illegal and at superphysiological doses (ie doses that are not those recommended by any commonly accepted medical formulary).  Because of this, you have set up the potential for a huge can of worms for both of those doctors if they would go ahead and do the proceedure and there was a negative effect, such as you dying or suffering any sort of bad effects under anesthesia.  That is a pretty cut and dry malpractice lawsuit.  Because of the litigation happy nutjobs running around now days, that alone is reason enough to say they will not perform the surgery.  Its not about negative effects of anabolic steroids, its about the doctors having to cover their rears to be able to stay in practice.

JK

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 11:20:01 PM »
It's NOT about the negative side effects of the steroids, it's about the steroids lowering your immune system and interacting with the anasthaesic.

Regarding my 'information' I think pretty much anybody that knows anything about steroids knows that they lower your immune system, if you want to be really anal, I'll scour through my bookmarks tomorrow and find you the links.

dirtyman_209

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 11:51:20 PM »
by telling the doctor or at that case any doctor you use gear wont that stay on your record medically and at any point be used against you or you being sick and they automatically label the problem as gear related

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 12:23:13 AM »
it is just noted nobody but you and the Dr. will know.

dirtyman_209

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 05:16:14 AM »
see thats what i thought but ive been told two different things from people   one not to tell cause then they label all your problems to gear    then second to tell cause if you have an understanding dr then there are things he may be able to help you with that can benefit you and your cycle on or off

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 10:09:05 AM »
I had to go to the doctor once last year for some sinus thing once.  I told him when he gave me an antibiotic that i was on gear.  He asked me how long and I told him ive done a few 12 week cycles.  He basically said I should go into re hab.  Im like what the fuck.  Never went back to that doctor again.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 10:22:57 AM »
Sometimes you find a awsome Dr. and then sometimes youll just
find a asshole.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 07:11:11 PM »
It's NOT about the negative side effects of the steroids, it's about the steroids lowering your immune system and interacting with the anasthaesic.

Regarding my 'information' I think pretty much anybody that knows anything about steroids knows that they lower your immune system, if you want to be really anal, I'll scour through my bookmarks tomorrow and find you the links.

I'm actually interested in the links.  My understanding is that one of the few accepted medical uses of anabolic steroids now days is in the treatment of HIV/aids patients.  It doesn't make much sense to use those drugs if they are immunosuppressive.  In my profession, anabolics are used in severe cases of Feline Immunodeficiency Virus ("feline aids") and end stage kidney disease by some veterinarians.  I've used those drugs with my patients and I have to say, if anything I saw an improvement of immune function in those cats.  The only study to examine the effects of anabolic steroids on human immune function in HIV patients that I am aware of  found that neither CD4 nor CD8 cell count were lowered in HIV-positive men with AIDS wasting treated with anabolic steroids.   From a medical standpoint, my understanding is that its only certian drugs (for example Deca) that have a negative effect on the immune system and that is through the suppression of endogenous hormones, not a direct effect of inhibition of white blood cells and that effect is both dose and individual dependant.  Testosterone will actually have a positive effect on the immune system, but the resultant suppression of the endogenous hormone by exogenous sources results in a "drug dependance" that can result in a "rebound effect" of decreased immune function when you stop taking the drug.  Its not the actual drugs that cause immunosuppression, its the shutdown of the natural system and then going off the drugs that cause problems. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

JK

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »

I'm actually interested in the links.  My understanding is that one of the few accepted medical uses of anabolic steroids now days is in the treatment of HIV/aids patients.  It doesn't make much sense to use those drugs if they are immunosuppressive.  In my profession, anabolics are used in severe cases of Feline Immunodeficiency Virus ("feline aids") and end stage kidney disease by some veterinarians.  I've used those drugs with my patients and I have to say, if anything I saw an improvement of immune function in those cats.  The only study to examine the effects of anabolic steroids on human immune function in HIV patients that I am aware of  found that neither CD4 nor CD8 cell count were lowered in HIV-positive men with AIDS wasting treated with anabolic steroids.   From a medical standpoint, my understanding is that its only certian drugs (for example Deca) that have a negative effect on the immune system and that is through the suppression of endogenous hormones, not a direct effect of inhibition of white blood cells and that effect is both dose and individual dependant.  Testosterone will actually have a positive effect on the immune system, but the resultant suppression of the endogenous hormone by exogenous sources results in a "drug dependance" that can result in a "rebound effect" of decreased immune function when you stop taking the drug.  Its not the actual drugs that cause immunosuppression, its the shutdown of the natural system and then going off the drugs that cause problems. 

JK

Vet i like your posts and agree with what you say, some of the stuff I read on here is scary lately. 

Your post brings up an interesting thought.  It seems like when I come away from gear cycles I always seem to get sick.  I dont mean just a little cold but kind of a long viral syndrome, that lasts for months.  I have wondered if this "rebound effect" is to blame?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 08:23:27 PM »

From a medical standpoint, my understanding is that its only certian drugs (for example Deca) that have a negative effect on the immune system and that is through the suppression of endogenous hormones, not a direct effect of inhibition of white blood cells and that effect is both dose and individual dependant.  Testosterone will actually have a positive effect on the immune system, but the resultant suppression of the endogenous hormone by exogenous sources results in a "drug dependance" that can result in a "rebound effect" of decreased immune function when you stop taking the drug.  Its not the actual drugs that cause immunosuppression, its the shutdown of the natural system and then going off the drugs that cause problems
JK

You're 100% on the money, Your wording is just much better then mine :)   Also considering bodybuilders (as stated by yourself earlier) use  'superphysiological doses' and not the standard 100-400mg EOW that medical practitioners recommend, the outcome is the same, natural test shutdown, resulting in 'other complications'. The only other point I was going to make was that most (if not all) bodybuilders use underground as well as vet gear and not just human grade testosterone or deca. So in reality there could be a ton of negative interactions between certain types of (underground) gear which may have impurities and contaminants and general anaesthesia. I've seen enough people have problems with certain types of gear firsthand... everything from abcesses to infections to nerve damage, and even worse. That was simply my point, believe me I have the utmost respect for your knowledge and understanding of anabolics and other hormones :)

Capt.EQ

biggriss

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
Ditto vet, GH and test have been successfully used for years now with HIV patients prolonging life and health. Immunosuppressive? Blood thinning? I do not know where some of you are getting your info but it is wrong. Anesthesia is the most dangerous part of any surgery but other then a perpensity of a more violent wake up gear has no affect on surgery. I have worked in an operating room for 12 years now as a nurse specializing in orthopaedics. Probably about 10% of the population I work with are juicing. And I have never seen a untoward outcome. If you think I am full of it just use some common sense; Of all the strength athetes that go under the knife have you ever heard of a bad outcome? I would argue that b/c of the overall better physical condition of people on gear that it is a positive benefit, so would some of the surgeons I work with. Off the the record of course because of litigation.   

JK

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:10 AM »
AFTER DEATH SCARE, ORVILLE BOUNCES BACK
Orville Burke continues to make large strides from his postoperative coma following surgery to repair a torn triceps on November 5 last year. How bad was it? As bad as it gets. "The doctors said that I was actually dead," Orville told from his Brooklyn home. After they revived him, Burke remained in a coma for days, eventually awakening in the intensive care unit, where he remained for more than a month. Now, recovering at home, Burke says doctors are happy with his progress. "They can't believe how good I am doing," he says. "And when the doctors tell me I can train again, I will go back to the gym."