Author Topic: Creatine while cutting?  (Read 3716 times)

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Creatine while cutting?
« on: June 12, 2006, 12:42:16 AM »
Is creatine usefull or useless while ur trying to lean out, if anybodys got some info that would be great.
Aint a hobby, way of Life

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Creatine while cutting?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 10:52:14 AM »
Is creatine usefull or useless while ur trying to lean out, if anybodys got some info that would be great.

Useful? That's an understatement. Creatine is a HUGE assest, when you're trying to get lean. It helps you maintain your strength, big time.

I stopped using it for a while, when I was trying to drop some lbs., because I'd run out of V-12 and the only creatine product I had left was CELL-TECH. But, as my strength started to fade, I said "Enough of this mess!!! Just because I'm losing weight doesn't mean I have to get weaker."

I'd cut my carbs considerably, but I remember reading articles on how bodybuilders use creatine (CELL-TECH, in particular) to hold on to their size while they're dieting. So, I made a change. Since loading with CELL-TECH meant consuming 150 g of carbs (dextrose), I would simply deduct 150 g of carbs from my other meals (No juice, a little less rice, etc). For maintenance doses, I'd only have to cut 75 g of carbs from my other food to compensate for consuming a post-workout serving of CELL-TECH.

It worked great. I regain much of my lost strength and felt fantastic, in the process. You may not have to do any carb-balancing act, if you don't use a creatine cocktail like CELL-TECH or Phosphagen HP. But that's what I did, because it made no sense to buy more creatine, when I had nearly 2 months worth of CELL-TECH sitting on my shelf.

But, using creatine while leaning out? ABSOLUTELY!!!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »
I completely agree with MCWAY-I started taking creatine 2 months inti my dieting and saw better workouts using it while still losing fat.  I didn't bloat on it at all, just make sure to use a high quality product, personally I use Pride Nutrition's Kryptonite.  Before I started taking it I was nervous about the results...I like it so much now that I up my usual 1/2 serving to a whole serving the week of my shows to pull more water into my muscles.
Jennifer

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:29:25 PM »
I completely agree with MCWAY-I started taking creatine 2 months inti my dieting and saw better workouts using it while still losing fat.  I didn't bloat on it at all, just make sure to use a high quality product, personally I use Pride Nutrition's Kryptonite.  Before I started taking it I was nervous about the results...I like it so much now that I up my usual 1/2 serving to a whole serving the week of my shows to pull more water into my muscles.
i can not even read your post anymore without remembering how sexy you are ;)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »
C'mon dude you know what Creatine is and how it works, Im not even going to answer this one.
bodybuildersreality.com

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:04:43 PM »
someone stole my creatine :'(
big or bust

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:01:57 PM »
Then don't answer it yates hahaha, I havent taken the shit for like over a year so dont lecture me.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »
Then don't answer it yates hahaha, I havent taken the shit for like over a year so dont lecture me.
......ok.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 06:32:19 PM »
Really? I've used a million types of creatine in the past, from the very cheap to the ultra-expensive, and I've yet to find one that doesn't bloat me and cause my face to look like a chipmunk...and when I say bloat, I mean serious bloat, much more then any AAS has ever bloated me out, much, much more, and it seems to take a long time for the bloat to subside. Last off, I've honestly never noticed much in terms of benefits from using it, but hey that's me...if it works for all of you, then great, keep using it.

Maybe like a lot of things, creatine is something that effects everyone a little differently.

Crazykid909

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 06:54:08 PM »
Creatine is a must when dieting, it realy does help with strenght and stamina. However, creatine is known to make people retain alot of water, so for that reason many people will stop taking creatine a few weeks before a contest....if you want razor cuts then consider cutting out creatine.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 08:16:13 AM »
Creatine is a must when dieting, it realy does help with strenght and stamina. However, creatine is known to make people retain alot of water, so for that reason many people will stop taking creatine a few weeks before a contest....if you want razor cuts then consider cutting out creatine.

I strongly disagree with this.  While taking creatine from contest prep I feel my muscles are fuller.  Stay away from monohydrate products which may cause this and play around with it before but I have personally done shows and not taken it and have looked flatter then when I do. 
Jennifer

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »
So when is the best time to take it..? Post workout?
grundle has no sack,

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »
So when is the best time to take it..? Post workout?

Take it post-workout...5 grams with your protein/carb shake.

Also, there is no need to go through a loading phase.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 03:24:51 PM »
thanks
grundle has no sack,

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »
I always take it pre-workout and feel I get a better workout because of it...I use a good protein shake after.  I would also recommend splitting it up and taking 1/2 before and 1/2 after your workout..
Jennifer

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 05:45:52 PM »
I will have to try that out beast, thanks.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 02:20:36 AM »
I will have to try that out beast, thanks.

How's the diet and cutting going?

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »
It's going good man started at 236Lbs, down to about 217Lbs and slowly but surely keeping more and more off been about lil over a month now I think, been doing my cardio at 6:30 am which I find is helping alot to.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 02:04:34 AM »
It's going good man started at 236Lbs, down to about 217Lbs and slowly but surely keeping more and more off been about lil over a month now I think, been doing my cardio at 6:30 am which I find is helping alot to.

Have you been using creatine? If so, how have you done so?

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 05:05:21 PM »
Yah i have, powder 5 grams before and after my work out find my strength is staying the same while I'm dieting.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 06:01:58 PM »
I've found that it makes no god damn difference.

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 07:42:05 PM »
I dunno i've just noticed that before i was taking it my strength kept going down but on it, it'sbeen keeping me level.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »
its all in the head
big or bust

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 10:30:47 PM »
haha i keep traing logs killer with what im on kinda lets me know

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 02:20:35 AM »
haha i keep traing logs killer with what im on kinda lets me know

That definitely helps. Plus, as long as you fix every other parameter of your training and diet regime, you can make an accurate evaluation as to whether or not something new is working.

That's how I found out, first-hand, that using creatine (CELL-TECH, in particular) was a great product to use, when dropping weight.