Author Topic: Why do you slam weights?  (Read 18683 times)

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
Re: Why do you slam weights?
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »
We all know gym coolness is determined by the following factors:

--How much weight you can drop
--The number of Under Armour shirts you have
--How many days a week you workout bi's
--By "I do cardio for my leg workouts"
--By using the strenth bands and balls to build a strong core
--By using the squat rack for curls
--How much time you spend socializing in the gym
--By how much Muscletech products you use
Motherboy (the band).

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2006, 04:19:28 PM »
i love the cardio is my leg work out. also i notice alot of people suffer from ILS (invisible lat syndrome)

Bast175

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »
I don't use weights.  I swim for resistance training.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2006, 04:51:33 PM »
SOme TOOL AT  the gym the other day kept SLAPPING the plates HARD when loading the bar. It fuking made my ears ring.. I was getting so mad, I was gonna say hey tough guy, you mind not making o much noise! Like he was advertising he was workin ghis wya up to his MONSTER SET OF 315. TOOL. He weighed like 160 and looked like a stick.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2006, 05:52:42 PM »
Tom Platz used to leave a bit of space between his plates when he would squat so they would "rattle like thunder" during his set

If you're big enough, you've gotta slam plates together - lets everyone know you're there and mean business

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2006, 06:42:37 PM »
Tom Platz used to leave a bit of space between his plates when he would squat so they would "rattle like thunder" during his set

If you're big enough, you've gotta slam plates together - lets everyone know you're there and mean business

Uhmm..If  "your big enough" you dont have to slam plates, or scream....your already a presence..everyone knows your there!.. ;)

Mos tof the time guys that WANT to be noticed..lol..slam plates and make lots of noise..

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2006, 08:22:18 PM »
SOme TOOL AT  the gym the other day kept SLAPPING the plates HARD when loading the bar. It fuking made my ears ring.. I was getting so mad, I was gonna say hey tough guy, you mind not making o much noise! Like he was advertising he was workin ghis wya up to his MONSTER SET OF 315. TOOL. He weighed like 160 and looked like a stick.

haha what an ass   sounds too familiar  ;D

My second least favorite thing is the ppl who turn their cell phone ringer up full volume and get calls every 30 seconds. These guys actually stop in the middle of their sets, put the weights dows, to gab on the damn phone again and again. "Look at me!!! I'm important!!"  ::)
Its really distracting..and they have the damn things up so loud my headphones dont even drown it out. Put it on vibrate, people!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2006, 12:54:27 AM »
I remember this guy loading up a barbell for bench pressing, about 315 or so, and he got a call right away. Than he spent about 20 minutes of an hilarious conversation because about every 10 seconds he burst out laughing his @ss of. During this cellphone session he walked true the whole gym, and even a few times outside. Suddenly he disappeared, leaving the loaded bench press for what it was.

Oh brother, he must be very popular.   ::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2006, 01:12:07 AM »
My second least favorite thing is the ppl who turn their cell phone ringer up full volume and get calls every 30 seconds. These guys actually stop in the middle of their sets, put the weights dows, to gab on the damn phone again and again. "Look at me!!! I'm important!!" 
Its really distracting..and they have the damn things up so loud my headphones dont even drown it out. Put it on vibrate, people!
Monster intensity!  Unless you're putting together multi million dollar deals or earning over 100g's, please, keep the phone in your car, shit ain't that important.  Some people are just lonely souls and constantly need to talk to someone else.  Take the majority of women for example ;D  Same reason people own a dog, just plain lonely.  I don't need either, I have getbig and a 360.
N

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2006, 01:20:14 AM »
I have getbig and a 360.

hahahahaha you're one cool cat

Bast175

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2006, 01:25:51 AM »
Monster intensity!  Unless you're putting together multi million dollar deals or earning over 100g's, please, keep the phone in your car, shit ain't that important.  Some people are just lonely souls and constantly need to talk to someone else.  Take the majority of women for example ;D  Same reason people own a dog, just plain lonely.  I don't need either, I have getbig and a 360.

croatch on