Author Topic: ProBodybuildingWeekly Radio: 06-19-06 Rountable Format  (Read 7711 times)

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
Re: ProBodybuildingWeekly Radio: 06-19-06 Rountable Format
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 05:51:56 AM »
Last nights "Roundtable" included John Romano, Guy Grundy, Skip Lacour and Bob.  A range of topics were covered, including: Athlete behavior, Kamali's comments, The magazine sale, the Olympia, Ronnie's reign, etc... The panel did a tremendous job. 
Replay is now available at ProBodybuildingWeekly.com and Bodybuilding.com

RHINO290

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 05:56:07 AM »
Last nights "Roundtable" included John Romano, Guy Grundy, Skip Lacour and Bob.  A range of topics were covered, including: Athlete behavior, Kamali's comments, The magazine sale, the Olympia, Ronnie's reign, etc... The panel did a tremendous job. 
Replay will be available shortly at ProBodybuildingWeekly.com and Bodybuilding.com

Ah, but still no invite to Rhino, or PDI.....Scared?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 08:03:01 AM »
Replay is now available at ProBodybuildingWeekly.com and Bodybuilding.com

I purposely didn't start a thread on the show last night cause, well, my lawyer had the night off :)   But Dan, I gotta say, you played perhaps the 'moderator' role perfectly.  It wasn't a fluff piece. 

Good guest selection too - it wasn't WWF monster ego hour - it was a group of intelligent, respected ppl in the BBing community.  And asking them to comment on the previous week's controvery was a bold move, but a good one.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 09:11:45 AM »
it was boring to me

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »
dullsville to me

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 08:15:35 PM »
i just wish that the question would have been asked to Guy on when the fight between him and Vince was gonna go down...

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 07:27:36 PM »

of course, Dan is scared. Like his sponsors, he apparently needs to be politically correct in his actions.

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 07:48:30 PM »
of course, Dan is scared. Like his sponsors, he apparently needs to be politically correct in his actions.

As we have explained countless times, The PDI's president (Mr. DeMilia) has been invited to appear on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.  He has informed us of his desire to appear on the show toward the end of the summer.  It is a conversation that we are ALL looking forward to. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »
Does Manion still have the flu?

Dan, I've given you mad props on here for keeping it real with us and asking fair questions. So here's a Q for you...

Any comment on why Manion hasn't been able to make it on the show?  One would have to think that at the very least, you guys could do a 15-minute fastball interview with him recorded, (or make it available for DL on your website).  Or, put him on a roundtable.  Some could argue that the spot on the roundtable held by your co-host would be better filled with someone like Manion.

It's been, what, 8 weeks? 10? since he was supposed to be on the show.  And the quote from Bob was, "Jim is DYING to get on the radio show".  If the most powerful man in BBing was indeed dying to get on a radio show, you would think he could have made time in the last 2-3 months.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 05:05:13 AM »
I liked the show but spending time on the King/240 thing during a roundable was a complete waste of time and not worthy topic.  Dan you even giggled when you brought up the topic which says a lot for what you thought about it to begin with. Why bring it back up? There are surely dozens of more important topics that could have been tackled in that time spent.  I'm sure 240 got his attention whore fix out of it.  240 wins again. :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 06:15:31 AM »
I liked the show but spending time on the King/240 thing during a roundable was a complete waste of time and not worthy topic.  Dan you even giggled when you brought up the topic which says a lot for what you thought about it to begin with. Why bring it back up? There are surely dozens of more important topics that could have been tackled in that time spent.  I'm sure 240 got his attention whore fix out of it.  240 wins again. :-\

that's the thing, berserker- I didn't want to be brought up in the first interview, and i didn't want to be brought up in the second interview.  I use notoriety to reach many groups with my business and web design services, but I certainly didn't enjoy being called out on the show.   IMO, message board "haters" are about 25th on the list of worthy BBing topics, and therefore shouldn't even be addressed on the show.   

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 06:37:38 AM »
I liked the show but spending time on the King/240 thing during a roundable was a complete waste of time and not worthy topic. 

To be clear, during the roundtable, I simply asked the panel to comment on "what they thought about an athlete taking legal actions against a fan".  -- This question was highly relevant, especially after a popular IFBB pro appeared on the show (one week earlier) and hinted that he is exploring his legal options.  -- The question was raised, the panel responded....and we moved on. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 07:03:25 AM »
To be clear, during the roundtable, I simply asked the panel to comment on "what they thought about an athlete taking legal actions against a fan".  -- This question was highly relevant, especially after a popular IFBB pro appeared on the show (one week earlier) and hinted that he is exploring his legal options.  -- The question was raised, the panel responded....and we moved on. 
So you are denying you giggled? ;D Just Kidding... 

RHINO290

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 07:05:05 AM »
As we have explained countless times, The PDI's president (Mr. DeMilia) has been invited to appear on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.  He has informed us of his desire to appear on the show toward the end of the summer.  It is a conversation that we are ALL looking forward to. 

You interview ifbb athletes, I was not speaking of Wayne, I was speaking of me. Consider me, the PDI athletes "rep"

I have my own view of things.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 07:07:37 AM »
that's the thing, berserker- I didn't want to be brought up in the first interview, and i didn't want to be brought up in the second interview.  I use notoriety to reach many groups with my business and web design services, but I certainly didn't enjoy being called out on the show.   IMO, message board "haters" are about 25th on the list of worthy BBing topics, and therefore shouldn't even be addressed on the show.   
Jesus, I agree with you here... :-\ But I don't believe you.  I think you thrive on the attention you get by doing the things you do.  I'll bet it was exhilarating as all hell for you

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 08:07:36 AM »
Jesus, I agree with you here... :-\ But I don't believe you.  I think you thrive on the attention you get by doing the things you do.  I'll bet it was exhilarating as all hell for you

I *used* to love the drama of it, and the attention that it gave my web design/marketing stuff.  now, it annoys me.  You'll notice I don't post my services every 3rd thread anymore, I don't start with pros just to start with them (I do chime in when I smell BS tho).  I have some pretty solid local contracts now- getbig is becoming more of an escape/outlet again, which is fun.  But no, I wish that radio nonsense hadn't happened.  it was a headache.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 12:57:15 PM »

It would be real cool if you started to refer to yourself as "me", "I" or "Jack" at the very least.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 03:04:09 PM »
I *used* to love the drama of it, and the attention that it gave my web design/marketing stuff.  now, it annoys me.  You'll notice I don't post my services every 3rd thread anymore, I don't start with pros just to start with them (I do chime in when I smell BS tho).  I have some pretty solid local contracts now- getbig is becoming more of an escape/outlet again, which is fun.  But no, I wish that radio nonsense hadn't happened.  it was a headache.
Well you'll at least admit this is by far not the first time you've claimed to be a more positive presence. It didn't last long in the past and I doubt it will again.  Baiting is in your blood.

Jayhawk

• Getbig II
  • The Heavy Metal Jayhawk
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 07:38:55 AM »
I love the roundtable format. I would love to hear one with Chick, Romano and Lonnie Teper. For a change of pace, how about one of the gurus? i.e. Chad, Hany, Milos. You can never have Lee Priest on too often.

Jayhawk

thisiskeith12

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 08:31:53 PM »
This show seems to reiterate much of what I have said in the past about player conduct, promoting the sport, and the perception of athletes.

As for King and him maybe being hurt or affected by negative comments, he's not the only one who acts in this manner. We've seen others act like that as well. So obviously King and many do really get affected by it.