Author Topic: Vyotech Title Sponsor for 2007 Ironman Pro  (Read 6385 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Vyotech Title Sponsor for 2007 Ironman Pro
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 04:48:46 PM »
i went last year it was dreadful

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 05:45:54 PM »
This may be the first shot across the bow of the PDI, in an attempt to keep IFBB pros from defecting.  The only carrot the IFBB has to dangle in front of pros is the chance to compete at the O.  Since most of them make absolutely nothing for doing so, they have to live on the status of being in the game.  If I'm right, look for other contests to start loosening up on how many O qualifications are available through them.  & I suspect more pro cards will be available to men through the NPC in the next year. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 01:32:19 AM »
This may be the first shot across the bow of the PDI, in an attempt to keep IFBB pros from defecting.  The only carrot the IFBB has to dangle in front of pros is the chance to compete at the O.  Since most of them make absolutely nothing for doing so, they have to live on the status of being in the game.  If I'm right, look for other contests to start loosening up on how many O qualifications are available through them.  & I suspect more pro cards will be available to men through the NPC in the next year. 

Hmm...interesting theory.

If I'm the IFBB, though, I just sit back and see what happens with PDI this year before making any drastic changes in my own organization.  Maybe they (the IFBB) know something we don't know about just how strong the PDI is at this point.

Hmm...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 09:18:44 AM »
There are already too many people qualifying as it is.
Just how many 3rd-tier scrubs have to be put on the Olympia stage before the whole thing loses any meaning?

We've already crossed the point of having too many scrubs on the Olympia stage.  The Olympia should be for the top guys only.  Qualification should happen by winning a show, not top 3 or top 5.  What happens when there are 30 guys in the Olympia?  Half the lineup stands there during pre-judging and doesn't get a callout.  Then, they go home unhappy and wonder why they did the show to begin with.  The Arnold Classic is smart, they limit the field to around 15 competitors each year by making it invitational only.  If the Olympia took only the winners of that year's pro shows, there would be around 10 guys in the lineup, all top quality. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »
What happens when there are 30 guys in the Olympia? 

We'll find out this year, when there's 11 athletes and 18 pincusions up there.