Author Topic: POLL:WHAT'S HARDER, HACKS OR LEG PRESSES?  (Read 3008 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: POLL:WHAT'S HARDER, HACKS OR LEG PRESSES?
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 10:38:38 AM »
Easy, if both are done for full reps hacks are harder. Can't use a fraction of the weight as you use doing the leg press.

That's right. Those big boy legpresses don't really get you too much. They'll ofcourse help you build better legs but not the way squats or deads or hacks will. I was doing 1500lbs leg presses and the first time I went to squat, 315 was a bitch. You think you bad til you hit a more traditional leg exercise. Sure opened MY eyes up that's for sure.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
That's right. Those big boy legpresses don't really get you too much. They'll ofcourse help you build better legs but not the way squats or deads or hacks will. I was doing 1500lbs leg presses and the first time I went to squat, 315 was a bitch. You think you bad til you hit a more traditional leg exercise. Sure opened MY eyes up that's for sure.
HAHAHa I felt the same way, thousand pound leg presses, then 315 on squat f'ing kills you. It's embarrassing, makes you want to stick with leg presses, looks much more impressive ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 07:51:20 AM »
HAHAHa I felt the same way, thousand pound leg presses, then 315 on squat f'ing kills you. It's embarrassing, makes you want to stick with leg presses, looks much more impressive ;D

LOL why stick with an exercise that doesn't really get you anywhere?  ??? ;D It's why I don't leg press anymore.  Once you learn how to properly squat, even with light weight, man it's one exercise that fuckin delivers!  ;D

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 08:33:16 AM »
I prefer Front squats....even though 225 on your front delts huts like hell the next morning , but you dont get the annoying marks on your traps like you do on hacks....

Whats worse than both...LUNGES....with 135 on your back...its H E L L ..for me anyways.
The Number 2 in Scranton

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 04:25:34 PM »
LOL why stick with an exercise that doesn't really get you anywhere?  ??? ;D It's why I don't leg press anymore.  Once you learn how to properly squat, even with light weight, man it's one exercise that fuckin delivers!  ;D
exactly, it's much more difficult, but the rewards are more impressive
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 11:53:29 AM »
Hacks are tougher for me.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
how about those reverse hacksquats done by flex wheeler??

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 07:48:27 PM »
Hacks are much more difficult.  As others have said, I also have trouble getting my feet high enough on the platform to be able to push with my heels.  I generally stick with squats and leg presses.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 09:30:03 PM »
how about those reverse hacksquats done by flex wheeler??

those are even harder to get everything right. you have to watch how your body is lined up to the pad. if your back is to high you'll hyperextension your back. its a great movement if you have knee problems and you can't do normal hacks.

on a leg press you can lift some serious weight. on a hack, ou can't really go as heavy b/c of the motion.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 12:25:54 PM »
reverse hacks do nothing but work the ass and the ego in my opinion, it's too easy to pile 7-8 plates per side because of the powerful position you're in but like i said it doesn't build the legs like regular hacks.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
I've done revese hacks before and its super hard. b/c of how your body is angled. I think anyone do revse hacks with 3 plates is inpressive with good form. when you do a  hack with your back on a pag its easier.

the reverse hacks works the glute/ham ti-in area.

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »
may be a stupid question, but my gym has the hammer strength hack press is this the same as the hack squat machine? I would love to be able to do hacks on it, but I have been using it for calf raises.