Author Topic: The Top Ten Lies Told by Pros  (Read 52878 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: The Top Ten Lies Told by Pros
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »
Yeah, I was...because I had been in the gym for 6 years by the time I was 18.  Not sure where you get your info from...but you're about as off as it gets

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »
I bet if you showed us pictures from when you were 18 you were probably bigger than most kids your age. 

Here's me at 17:

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »
Bob Chicks success in gaining muscular mass in the weight room didn't really translate to much success on the football field..... on the high school varsity level, at least.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
Here's me at 17:

Haha and let me guess you were "natural" in that pic as well huh?  Steroids were so rampant in the 80's it was insane.  You started training at 12? LMAO!  What's next Chick you're going to tell me your mom fed you protein powder instead of baby formula or breast milk that's why you were the size you were at 17?  LMAO!  Do your fans and customers actually buy into that bs? 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2009, 01:56:46 PM »
Haha and let me guess you were "natural" in that pic as well huh?  Steroids were so rampant in the 80's it was insane.  You started training at 12? LMAO!  What's next Chick you're going to tell me your mom fed you protein powder instead of baby formula or breast milk that's why you were the size you were at 17?  LMAO!  Do your fans and customers actually buy into that bs? 

Yeah, I was natural in that pic....didn't diet or take any supplements either.  Never got on the gear until I was 21. I routinely competed in Natural shows and was tested at most of them...also competed natural in the 1990  NPC Nationals which was drug tested and placed 5th in the light heavies.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
Yeah, I was natural in that pic....didn't diet or take any supplements either.  Never got on the gear until I was 21. I routinely competed in Natural shows and was tested at most of them...also competed natural in the 1990  NPC Nationals which was drug tested and placed 5th in the light heavies.

Only you know the truth.  But I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone with your build at 17 in the 80's never used steroids until he turned 21.  And it's common knowledge for most people to make their biggest and most phenomenal gains their first cycle.  So let's say you blew up on your first cycle, gained a pretty good amount of muscle, came off and then continued to bodybuild.  Do you still consider yourself natural?  I mean if you came off the drugs now and entered a natural show would you consider yourself a natural?  I mean I guess you're not claiming to be a lifetime natural but I just find the entire premise of natural bodybuilding silly.  In my opinion once you do the drugs you're never considered natural.  Not that I care because even most guys that take drugs will never look like you. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2009, 02:13:24 PM »

He was about as natural as "little hercules"

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »
He was about as natural as "little hercules"

I was a division I athlete in college, hung out with all the jocks in college and high school and even had a few bodybuilder friends.  Chick blew them all away with his quad development in that pic.  Hell tons of athletes in their teens in the 80's when steroids were rampant had physiques like Chick's.  It was pretty normal.  I don't see ANY 17 year olds nowadays with that type of quad development, especially without dieting.  LOL.  I tend to think Chick is more full of shit than anyone.  But I think he's had to lie so much in his life and jobs in bodybuilding he's just used to it.  It's second nature. 

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »
Only you know the truth.  But I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone with your build at 17 in the 80's never used steroids until he turned 21.  And it's common knowledge for most people to make their biggest and most phenomenal gains their first cycle.  So let's say you blew up on your first cycle, gained a pretty good amount of muscle, came off and then continued to bodybuild.  Do you still consider yourself natural?  I mean if you came off the drugs now and entered a natural show would you consider yourself a natural?  I mean I guess you're not claiming to be a lifetime natural but I just find the entire premise of natural bodybuilding silly.  In my opinion once you do the drugs you're never considered natural.  Not that I care because even most guys that take drugs will never look like you. 

i completely believe that Bob was natural till his 20's. yes, there were alot of teen sensations at the time that were heavily drugged, but where are they now? completely burnt out. Bob was still a competitive IFBB pro into his 40's.  that suggests smart and intermittant drug use. had he have been on continuously since his teens, his body would have long since attenuated to there effect. there is know way he would have looked so impressive at 40 had it been completely based on drug use.  he doesn't deny using drugs, so why would he lie about when he started?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2009, 02:38:44 PM »
I was a division I athlete in college, hung out with all the jocks in college and high school and even had a few bodybuilder friends.  Chick blew them all away with his quad development in that pic.  Hell tons of athletes in their teens in the 80's when steroids were rampant had physiques like Chick's.  It was pretty normal.  I don't see ANY 17 year olds nowadays with that type of quad development, especially without dieting.  LOL.  I tend to think Chick is more full of shit than anyone.  But I think he's had to lie so much in his life and jobs in bodybuilding he's just used to it.  It's second nature. 

you answered your own concern. there are more teens using steroids now than ever, yet none have Bob's quad development. the reason is work ethic. everyone trained so much harder back then. now it is a bunch of lazy kids trying to find the perfect cycle. i've actually had guys ask me what drug to take for outer thigh thickness, lol.  i don't know Bob, but would bet he spent more time squatting by 17 than most guys nowadays will do their whole careers. drugs have always been effective, but in the 80's they were part of a formula, now they are a replacement for hard work and good eating.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »

LOL...you can believe what you want, I have no reason to lie about it...And I did make some great gains on my first cycle, it was for the 1987 Jr, Nationals (which I won)  You can easily see from my pics from 13-20 the steady progress I made from year to year...I knew about steroids, knew the older guys in the gym used them, read about them in the magazines....but vowed to train natural through my teens to build a good base (as I was given the right advices)...besides that, I was beating all the kids who used them anyways...

here's me at 15

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »
LOL...you can believe what you want, I have no reason to lie about it...And I did make some great gains on my first cycle, it was for the 1987 Jr, Nationals (which I won)  You can easily see from my pics from 13-20 the steady progress I made from year to year...I knew about steroids, knew the older guys in the gym used them, read about them in the magazines....but vowed to train natural through my teens to build a good base (as I was given the right advices)...besides that, I was beating all the kids who used them anyways...

here's me at 15

So what was the good advice you received that somehow everyone other person during that time didnt' seem to receive?  What secret knowledge besides steroids did you have chick that allowed you to beat all the kids that were "using them anyways".  I mean you're starting to sound like Arnold who was well into using steroids before he was ever 18 years old.

And why would you lie?  Maybe because your ENTIRE way living for the last 30+ years has revolved around bodybuilding, nutrition, and supplements.  The man that employs you has lied his entire life about steroids and bodybuilding.  Joe Weider doesn't have an honest, ethical bone in his decrepid old body.  From the early days when he fucked over Dan Lurie to now.  He's a fraud.  Everyone knows that drugs and genetics are responsible for building muscle and not some super supplement that's going to turn you into a Ronnie Coleman if you use it overnight.  THAT's why YOU GUYS LIE!  If it wasn't for drugs bodybuilding wouldn't be the circus it is.  Come on dude!  You're insulting.  You think all of us are 15 year old teenagers just waiting to blow our wad over pictures of Jay Cutler and willing to spend all our hard earned grass cutting money on supplements?  You're full of shit and so is your industry!  Built up on decades of lies and deceit.  So to answer your question you and everyone else involved in your shady industry has EVERY reason to lie.  We've been over this before and you spew the same tired old line.  Why would I lie?  Haha to this day Serge Nubret lies through his teeth.  Why would he lie?  To keep the money machine going that's why! Why does anyone lie. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »
So what was the good advice you received that somehow everyone other person during that time didnt' seem to receive?  What secret knowledge besides steroids did you have chick that allowed you to beat all the kids that were "using them anyways".  I mean you're starting to sound like Arnold who was well into using steroids before he was ever 18 years old.

And why would you lie?  Maybe because your ENTIRE way living for the last 30+ years has revolved around bodybuilding, nutrition, and supplements.  The man that employs you has lied his entire life about steroids and bodybuilding.  Joe Weider doesn't have an honest, ethical bone in his decrepid old body.  From the early days when he fucked over Dan Lurie to now.  He's a fraud.  Everyone knows that drugs and genetics are responsible for building muscle and not some super supplement that's going to turn you into a Ronnie Coleman if you use it overnight.  THAT's why YOU GUYS LIE!  If it wasn't for drugs bodybuilding wouldn't be the circus it is.  Come on dude!  You're insulting.  You think all of us are 15 year old teenagers just waiting to blow our wad over pictures of Jay Cutler and willing to spend all our hard earned grass cutting money on supplements?  You're full of shit and so is your industry!  Built up on decades of lies and deceit.  So to answer your question you and everyone else involved in your shady industry has EVERY reason to lie.  We've been over this before and you spew the same tired old line.  Why would I lie?  Haha to this day Serge Nubret lies through his teeth.  Why would he lie?  To keep the money machine going that's why! Why does anyone lie. 

The right advices was to stay natural and delvelop a good solid base...which I did.

No one says you'll be a superstar overnight by using supplements, but they sure help...especially the stuff they have today.  We didn't have the good fortune of having anywhere near the supps they have today, or the science behind them.

As for keeping the "money machine" going....what the hell difference would it make by me saying I was natural until I was 21?  If I were raving about some supersupplement that was responsible I could see your point....but I took NOTHING, and ate what mom made for dinner and ate school lunches getting ready for shows.... we trained 6 days a week religiously, and read every mag that came out....

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »
The right advices was to stay natural and delvelop a good solid base...which I did.

No one says you'll be a superstar overnight by using supplements, but they sure help...especially the stuff they have today.  We didn't have the good fortune of having anywhere near the supps they have today, or the science behind them.

As for keeping the "money machine" going....what the hell difference would it make by me saying I was natural until I was 21?  If I were raving about some supersupplement that was responsible I could see your point....but I took NOTHING, and ate what mom made for dinner and ate school lunches getting ready for shows.... we trained 6 days a week religiously, and read every mag that came out....

I agree. Many people think they are worthless but I think they make a decent difference.
I hate the State.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2009, 04:14:57 PM »
I agree. Many people think they are worthless but I think they make a decent difference.

Of course they do, companies wouldn't be spending millions in R&D if it wasn't warrented.  The supplements of today are miles ahead of what we had in the late 70's/ 80's

Funny thing is, this guy is arguing for the young guys, who the supplements are pretty much made for...it's when you get to an advanced level that they don't do as much...at that point, you're looking for small changes....not building a base.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »
Of course they do, companies wouldn't be spending millions in R&D if it wasn't warrented.  The supplements of today are miles ahead of what we had in the late 70's/ 80's

Funny thing is, this guy is arguing for the young guys, who the supplements are pretty much made for...it's when you get to an advanced level that they don't do as much...at that point, you're looking for small changes....not building a base.

Supplements especially help I think if you have average or below average genetics.

Hey Bob, what kinds of protein powder did you have back then?
I hate the State.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
Supplements especially help I think if you have average or below average genetics.

Hey Bob, what kinds of protein powder did you have back then?

Milk and Egg protein was all the rage....was no micro filtered, whey,etc...

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2009, 04:34:07 PM »
A lie told by the pros: As long as you work harder then the rest, you can be Mr.Olympia.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »
A lie told by the pros: As long as you work harder then the rest, you can be Mr.Olympia.

What pro's say that?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2009, 04:59:53 PM »
What pro's say that?
WTF...Isnt the show about to go on...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2009, 05:01:29 PM »

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »
What pro's say that?

Cutler and Dorian.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »
Cutler

ok wtf...where is the show...

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »

You're kidding right?  LMAO!  Wow!  The only supplement actually proven to be worth the money is creatine. And I can get all the creatine I need from red meat.  Everything else is bullshit and a waste of money.  You ask why the hell supplement companies would spend millions on R&D if they weren't worth it?  LOL Come on Chick.  Someone that is always glorifying how the "real world works" should know better.  They don't spend millions of dollars on research and development.  They spend millions of dollars on marketing and advertising.  I guess all those doctors in the ads and on t.v. are actually doctors too huh?  

The only thing that has really changed in the last 50 years when it comes to bodybuilding is the drugs.  Guys were getting big and strong way before supplements.  The only reason guys are the size they are today is because of drugs plain and simple.  The supplement scam is the same bullshit that has gone on since Weider and Hoffman.  There was a bodybuilder at one time that opened the door to the Weider Research Clinic and you know what it was?  A fucking closet!  Haha.  Rumor or not it's a great description of how shady supplement companies are.  I'll agree with you Chic that all you need is real food, discipline, and good training to build muscle.  But your development at 17 is hardly attainable by anyone without drugs.  And the fact that you think most average trainees can get by with training 6 days a week religiously shows you have no knowledge of what works and what does as far as bodybuilding goes.  If you are in fact natural you've were allowed to skate by thanks to your genetics.  If I put the average kid on a training routine of 6 days a week he'd do one of two things:
1) Give up and quit due to overtraining
2) Turn to steroids due to overtraining

Arnold would NEVER have gotten away with his training when he was younger without the drugs.  Spending 3-4 hours a day 7 days a week doing 15 sets for chest?  LMAO!  Come on Chick!  Not everyone on this board is so gullible.