Author Topic: Any input would be appreciated...  (Read 2347 times)

MassInMass

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Any input would be appreciated...
« on: July 10, 2006, 11:20:26 AM »
Hi all...I am going to be dropping some weight and have a few questions for those that have had similiar experiences...I'm 35, 5'9", 225 lbs, at about 14% bf. Over the years I have made some decent gains in strength...Soon, I may need to lean out and get down to 175 lbs, maybe even 150lbs( over the course of 3-4 months)...I will obviously lose size and strength with a weight loss like that...The question that I have is this...If I have a bench of 350, squat of 500, and a dead of 500, how much of that can I expect to lose? I know there are variables like rest, diet, and supplementation...for my question, just assume that I am doing all three correctly...  Thanks for your help! 

Bast175

Re: Any input would be appreciated...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 12:52:36 PM »
Hi all...I am going to be dropping some weight and have a few questions for those that have had similiar experiences...I'm 35, 5'9", 225 lbs, at about 14% bf. Over the years I have made some decent gains in strength...Soon, I may need to lean out and get down to 175 lbs, maybe even 150lbs( over the course of 3-4 months)...I will obviously lose size and strength with a weight loss like that...The question that I have is this...If I have a bench of 350, squat of 500, and a dead of 500, how much of that can I expect to lose? I know there are variables like rest, diet, and supplementation...for my question, just assume that I am doing all three correctly...  Thanks for your help! 

If you need to lose 50-75lbs then you're above 14% body fat.  14% body is relatively lean actually.   You'll definately lose strength during the dieting process but your strength will get back to that with time after increasing your carbs again.

MassInMass

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 01:14:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply...I should have made this more clear before...I don't "need" to lose the weight because I am fat...I may have to do it for work...

Bast175

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 01:19:30 PM »
those lifts at 175lbs may not be possible on second thought.  That would be 2x your weight bench press for example, but you can get close to that.  Also when you put back on more weight you'll get back there, maybe in the 190s you'll have that strength back I would guess.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 11:56:07 AM »
Why do you need to loose soo much weight? it is hard to say how much strength you will loose but you will definitely loose some.