Author Topic: would this piss you off?  (Read 6524 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
would this piss you off?
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »
typical night in the gym....doing whatever when another lifter and i are doing our sets and just talking during breaks right? well we're using a plate tower's worth of 45's between the two of us...apparenlty this pissed some guy that was apparently new that i've never seen before right off...

just sitting there minding ourselves when he walks by and makes an out loud comment of "too bad people pile on all this weight that they can't even use..." apparenlty mad that he's gotta walk another 10 feet to get more plates while we're working. now as gym etiquette goes i figured it was first come first serve and i do use alot of plates so i make sure i make haste when i'm working with larger amounts...

so we rack our weights and i go back to doing my own thing...and the guy that i was b.s.'n with had left the weights ON THE MACHINE JUST LIKE HE FOUND THEM still on the machine...well the guy with the shitty comment earlier walks by and looks right at me..some italian fat little guido fuck..and says "man don't you people ever rack your weights? you'd think you people would have used a gym before" adn i just look at him and shrug and keep working...

that same guy with the mouth...is taking up three fucking machines and runnign people off saying "i'm still using that" instead of letting them work in with him! he was using a smith machine, seated calf raise, and a seat shrug setup all at the same time and giving me shitty looks!

wtf?! does this happen everywhere? i wanted to run my mouth as usual..but thought better of getting in a verbal argument and possibly having my gym membership revoked!  :-\

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: would this piss you off?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 09:58:50 AM »
Well he is not the owner there is he?

Don't let little geeks talk to you that way.. you should'a went and sat on one of his machines and if he tried to tell you something just tell him to F*ck off!

Then he will realize how wrong he was and you two can finally make up behind the counter after gym hours are gone.
just push some weight!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 09:59:39 AM »
typical night in the gym....doing whatever when another lifter and i are doing our sets and just talking during breaks right? well we're using a plate tower's worth of 45's between the two of us...apparenlty this pissed some guy that was apparently new that i've never seen before right off...

just sitting there minding ourselves when he walks by and makes an out loud comment of "too bad people pile on all this weight that they can't even use..." apparenlty mad that he's gotta walk another 10 feet to get more plates while we're working. now as gym etiquette goes i figured it was first come first serve and i do use alot of plates so i make sure i make haste when i'm working with larger amounts...

so we rack our weights and i go back to doing my own thing...and the guy that i was b.s.'n with had left the weights ON THE MACHINE JUST LIKE HE FOUND THEM still on the machine...well the guy with the shitty comment earlier walks by and looks right at me..some italian fat little guido f**k..and says "man don't you people ever rack your weights? you'd think you people would have used a gym before" adn i just look at him and shrug and keep working...

that same guy with the mouth...is taking up three fucking machines and runnign people off saying "i'm still using that" instead of letting them work in with him! he was using a smith machine, seated calf raise, and a seat shrug setup all at the same time and giving me shitty looks!

wtf?! does this happen everywhere? i wanted to run my mouth as usual..but thought better of getting in a verbal argument and possibly having my gym membership revoked!  :-\
I hear ya, your always gonna run into "winners" at the gym no matter where you go.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 10:03:38 AM »
yes it would piss me off slightly. i asked a guy once on a shoulder press "how many sets you got"? and he said "we just started".   "that is not what i asked you, you dont know how many sets you have"? i asked.
"oh, 5-6". he replied.     

im usually cool about this shit but at the same time im renting the equipment just like everyone else, so i am going to get my sets done.

maybe you should have asked fat guido if he wanted to work in ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:21:03 AM »
you should have sued him.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »
I'll tell you what pissed me off recently >:( It was leg day last Wednesday and I worked up to my max weight of 315 for the front squat. I usually do 6 sets of 8 - 10 (ass to the floor). Anyway, after my 3rd set or so, I am just resting in between sets, staring at the floor when this kid weighing about 160 lbs comes up and asks me if he could work in with me. He was obviously a newb and there were 2 other power racks that were free. I ask him why he couldn't use one of those and he says that he was used to this one  ::) (which was exactly the same as the other 2). Anyway, I walk away so he can do his set and what does the f*cking moron do, but strip all the 3 plates of 1 side. Sure enough the bar comes crashing down making a huge noise. Then, rather that do his set, he keeps shuffling his feet, looking uneasy. I'm like WTF? A few secs later, he approaches me looking extremely nervous and sweaty and says, "Uh, dude, sorry about this, but when the bar fell down, it fell on your belt and broke it".

The belt he broke was my beloved Valeo that I'd been using for the last 12 years  :'(. And to add insult to injury, the motherf*cker put on a 25 lb plate on either side of the bar and did 1 set of quarter squats for 8 reps, before declaring he was done and moved on  >:(

Calm blue ocean, Calm blue ocean

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
lol yeahi did that the other day...i was doing deads with 315...light weight..and last time i was clearing the bar off it didn't do shit...

well i got to the last plate on one side it flipped up...i felt like an ass! hahaha..everyone has their moments...

didn't break anyone's shit though! lol

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:16:57 AM »
I'll tell you what pissed me off recently >:( It was leg day last Wednesday and I worked up to my max weight of 315 for the front squat. I usually do 6 sets of 8 - 10 (ass to the floor). Anyway, after my 3rd set or so, I am just resting in between sets, staring at the floor when this kid weighing about 160 lbs comes up and asks me if he could work in with me. He was obviously a newb and there were 2 other power racks that were free. I ask him why he couldn't use one of those and he says that he was used to this one  ::) (which was exactly the same as the other 2). Anyway, I walk away so he can do his set and what does the f*cking moron do, but strip all the 3 plates of 1 side. Sure enough the bar comes crashing down making a huge noise. Then, rather that do his set, he keeps shuffling his feet, looking uneasy. I'm like WTF? A few secs later, he approaches me looking extremely nervous and sweaty and says, "Uh, dude, sorry about this, but when the bar fell down, it fell on your belt and broke it".

The belt he broke was my beloved Valeo that I'd been using for the last 12 years  :'(. And to add insult to injury, the motherf*cker put on a 25 lb plate on either side of the bar and did 1 set of quarter squats for 8 reps, before declaring he was done and moved on  >:(

From that day forward you become his waterboy.  :P
just push some weight!

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:22:48 AM »
Why are you lettin him talk shit to you?  Stand your ground, tell him to piss off next time, people who run there mouths are just talkers so stand up, be a man!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:26:05 AM »
From that day forward you become his waterboy.  :P

You are as perceptive as you're great Alexxx  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 11:27:26 AM »

so we rack our weights and i go back to doing my own thing...and the guy that i was b.s.'n with had left the weights ON THE MACHINE JUST LIKE HE FOUND THEM still on the machine...well the guy with the shitty comment earlier walks by and looks right at me..some italian fat little guido f**k..and says "man don't you people ever rack your weights? you'd think you people would have used a gym before" adn i just look at him and shrug and keep working...

You should have just shot him.  End of story.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 11:29:18 AM »

kiwiol, say it with me, serenity now, serenity now ;D

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 11:37:52 AM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSAAH
just push some weight!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »

Serenity now...insanity later  ;D

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »
texasrush does dumbell kickbacks with the 85's, so maybe the excessive weight comment was justified
its comin today

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 04:36:03 PM »
Ah, gym rules. Well, in my gym the rule is you strip the weights off bars and leave the bar or machine empty. That you found it with plates on doesn't mean you can leave plates on. Just think of women and others who have trouble lifting those big plates off. No plates are to be put on the floor or leaned against walls. All plates are to be put on the appropriate racks. As if people listen! I don't like putting signs up because users never listen.

There will always be knuckleheads who cause bars to tip over in gyms. If everyone is allowed to do that once that means it will happen from time to time.

As far as letting others work in with you there is no requirement that you do so. Little guys shouldn't even think of working in with others. The rule is simple enough. If it is too much trouble taking heaps of plates off then go get another bar. For some strange reason I have seen big guys let attractive women work in with them!

The usual etiquette is to inform others how many sets you have left before they can use the bar or apparatus. I think good gyms make sure there are plenty of machines so that everyone is accommodated.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 05:50:38 PM »
Ah, gym rules. Well, in my gym the rule is you strip the weights off bars and leave the bar or machine empty. That you found it with plates on doesn't mean you can leave plates on. Just think of women and others who have trouble lifting those big plates off. No plates are to be put on the floor or leaned against walls. All plates are to be put on the appropriate racks. As if people listen! I don't like putting signs up because users never listen.

There will always be knuckleheads who cause bars to tip over in gyms. If everyone is allowed to do that once that means it will happen from time to time.

As far as letting others work in with you there is no requirement that you do so. Little guys shouldn't even think of working in with others. The rule is simple enough. If it is too much trouble taking heaps of plates off then go get another bar. For some strange reason I have seen big guys let attractive women work in with them!

The usual etiquette is to inform others how many sets you have left before they can use the bar or apparatus. I think good gyms make sure there are plenty of machines so that everyone is accommodated.

That blue color is pretty.  Are you available for muscle worship?

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
  • Country Classic Invitational. 7th August 2010
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 06:10:43 PM »

LOL........ ;D ;D ;D.........Mate, that's fucking gold!  Sorry to laugh at you, but I'm sure you'd see the funny side if was someone else.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 06:18:34 PM »
You guys needs to wear headphones and look more unapproachable.  Nobody will try to bother you if they have to put effort into it...  This really works well...  Also, believe it or not, grunting or the occasional screamduring a set will also scare off a few more... 

Only those that lift a lot understand - you will scare off the newbies/commoners...
Motherboy (the band).

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »

you see i THOUGHT this was common knowledge..... until i started working at a certain gym...... where the rules seem to be as follows:

1. All plates must LEAN against something... under no circumstance are plates to be put on racks....

2.Under no circumstance are individuals over 170 lbs. to use a towel when working on a bench (being that towels are provided).

3.Dumbells over 90 lbs are to be thrown on the floor.... preferably on the opposite side of the gym as where the racks are

4.One must occupy at least 2 machines at once.... and leave them sweaty....

5.Working out alone is not allowed... one must have at least a posse of 3 to converse with between sets.... rest periods between sets must exceed 5 minutes

...... i quit!!

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 07:21:14 PM »

classic, next time you'll be wiser.  i never let newbs work in and i never ask to work in when i see the guy is a class above me with weight.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 07:28:47 PM »
No this would not have pissed me off. I have found that if I get laid enough and work out enough that I get a good enough amount of endorfins(sp) flowing throughout my body on a daily basis that I do not let some guys bad day get to my great day.
   Why let some other dude trip you out? I too had silly remarks at the gym before. I would not even look in the direction in which the comments came from. I found that this usually diffused the idiots reason to look for a fight he would have lost to begin with. ;)

h

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 09:18:36 PM »
classic, next time you'll be wiser.  i never let newbs work in and i never ask to work in when i see the guy is a class above me with weight.

I hear you. I don't go out of my way to encourage anyone, esp. newbs to work in with me, but I don't own the gym and so, can't put my foot down with stuff like that. The thing with that moron was that he was so new that he still hadn't grasped basic gym etiquette / common sense. And I didn't want to give him the impression that I'm a typical, rude f*ckin meathead. After he'd told me that he'd broken my belt, I was so pissed off that I just walked away coz I was afraid I might deck him one. But later on, I cooled down and even apologised to him for being rude etc and he too apologised and offered to pay for it (which I didn't accept). Yeah, I do smile when I think about it now, but I think my grin would be wider if I thought about how it would have been if I'd punched him and gotten thrown out of that place.

Shit happens  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »
at the univ near my house, every fall, you get the same group of idiots in the school gym.  they leave soda bottles on the floor, have impromptu wrestling matches anywhere, and train with jeans on.  the staff ignores it because they too are freshmen with zero common sense.

kiwiol, that is a shitty situation. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 09:27:06 PM »
at the univ near my house, every fall, you get the same group of idiots in the school gym.  they leave soda bottles on the floor, have impromptu wrestling matches anywhere, and train with jeans on.  the staff ignores it because they too are freshmen with zero common sense.

kiwiol, that is a shitty situation. 

Bruce lee got disrespected as a freshman at the gym, we all know how that turned out...
E