Author Topic: Question for Lee about Contest Prep  (Read 1942 times)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
Question for Lee about Contest Prep
« on: July 03, 2006, 12:44:27 PM »
Hi Lee,

I have read in one of Bob Chicherillo's articles that all bodybuilders do their precontest cardio at a low intensity (i.e. walking about 3mph, or cycling at a slow pace) for around 45min a day.  I guess I could see this working for the heaviest of bodybuilders such as Ronnie because you burn more calories walking when you weigh 280-300lbs as opposed to say 170lbs. But as a bb at a much lower weight does it work for you?  I only weigh about 170lbs and I don't carry alot of muscle but I do want to cut my bodyfat down from 15% to the single digits without losing what little I do have.  How would you suggest I perform cardio from your experience?  I hear you are THE MASTER of getting rid of offseason bodyfat so I just had to ask.  Thanks

BTW:  I agree that people should post under their real names (what's the harm?). My name is Steven.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Question for Lee about Contest Prep
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 03:18:13 PM »
Hi Lee,

I have read in one of Bob Chicherillo's articles that all bodybuilders do their precontest cardio at a low intensity (i.e. walking about 3mph, or cycling at a slow pace) for around 45min a day.  I guess I could see this working for the heaviest of bodybuilders such as Ronnie because you burn more calories walking when you weigh 280-300lbs as opposed to say 170lbs. But as a bb at a much lower weight does it work for you?  I only weigh about 170lbs and I don't carry alot of muscle but I do want to cut my bodyfat down from 15% to the single digits without losing what little I do have.  How would you suggest I perform cardio from your experience?  I hear you are THE MASTER of getting rid of offseason bodyfat so I just had to ask.  Thanks

BTW:  I agree that people should post under their real names (what's the harm?). My name is Steven.

Hi Steven

Yes i do cardio around 3-3.5 mph on incline 4-7 for 45 mins in morning and stepper for 40mins at night.

Lee

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 04:06:13 PM »
Will do Lee. Thanks alot for your insight.

Steven

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »
Will do Lee. Thanks alot for your insight.

Steven

hello Steven, I hope you are having a wonderful holiday and thanks again for not saying "crap" on here anymore.
E

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
hello Steven, I hope you are having a wonderful holiday and thanks again for not saying "crap" on here anymore.

You and everyone else reading have a great 4th too.  Avoiding the "c-word" has made me a better man.  I am just taking it one day at a time. :)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 09:07:40 PM »
You and everyone else reading have a great 4th too.  Avoiding the "c-word" has made me a better man.  I am just taking it one day at a time. :)

spoken like a gentleman, Steven.
E