Author Topic: Training for 3 years and cant get my muscles any harder please! help!!  (Read 4414 times)

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
Can you ever get hard as a stone without useing anabolic agents??
The only resource i have right now is 100% whey protein

Thanx alot guys

myseone

• Getbig III
Can you ever get hard as a stone without useing anabolic agents??
The only resource i have right now is 100% whey protein

Thanx alot guys

Try a training cycle of power movement done for lower repetitions to build a thicker density (focus on getting a lot stronger). Diet wise you might need to lose more body fat.

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
Actually i am a lower body fat i just cant get my muscles to harden up.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
try more carbs (brown rice) and posing

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
Man i pose all the time. How about alot of pasta i think that would make me thick possibly stronger but i really wanna harden up. Should i just try low reps for a few weeks?

myseone

• Getbig III
Man i pose all the time. How about alot of pasta i think that would make me thick possibly stronger but i really wanna harden up. Should i just try low reps for a few weeks?

Density is muscle fibers thickened over time, it is the contractile aspect thickening that gives the muscle a hard granite look, not the packing of glycogen and water into the muscle. You will see denser muscles on bodybuilders or athletes that have trained with a powerlifter base at some point (examples Yates, Coleman, Johnnie Jackson), drugs of course increase density but this can be done by training hard and heavy over time. Density takes time to achieve, most beginners and intermediate trainees do n ot have dense looking muscles, it takes time. If you want to see dense looking muscles look at trainees who have been working out for close to a decade or more. Genetics of course play a role, but you have what you have, unless you have access to gene therapy.

Get significantly stronger on your major movements for sets of 4-8 reps, round the routine out with higher rep training if you want to. Stick with it until you are satisfied with your density. Give it time to work.

Posing will not increase density, it will give you better muscle control though.

There is nothing magical about pasta that bread, potatoes, oats, or any other complex carb can do.

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
I know that about the pasta bro i was just saying. I dont think that it would be bad to take in alot more pasta. And thanx alot man for the advice will try the 4-8 rep scheme for awhile

myseone

• Getbig III
I know that about the pasta bro i was just saying. I dont think that it would be bad to take in alot more pasta. And thanx alot man for the advice will try the 4-8 rep scheme for awhile

Your welcome, eating more carbs might help, experiment and see

Bast175

Actually i am a lower body fat i just cant get my muscles to harden up.

not low enough then.

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
Right now im in between 12-17% Body Fat

myseone

• Getbig III
Right now im in between 12-17% Body Fat

You will need to be lower than that to see density, bring it down to 8 percent ot below. Still include the power work as well.

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
But if i focus i getting that low how do i avoid being so drained all the time because of dieting?

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
Yeah, everyone pretty much said it.

You need to lower your bodyfat even more to look super hard.

"Shut the F up and train"

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
But how do i avoid being totally drained from dieting?

And thanx alot guys for the help i do appreciate it

myseone

• Getbig III
But how do i avoid being totally drained from dieting?

And thanx alot guys for the help i do appreciate it

Sacrifice, you have to give something to get something. You should'nt feel like death when your dieting, but most people will not feel as powerful as during the offseason. Take it slow over time and gradually and systematically adjust your caloric intake down and add more activity if neccessary. If you're 12-15% bodyfat right now and aiming for around 8% figure that you will have to diet for aproximately 12-14 weeks. You can do it in less time but risk losing muscle mass and strength, take it slow and easy.

Set aside this time to focus on trimming the fat and hardening your physique, in the late Autumn refocus to mass building and building even more density.

Just set up a program and go for it.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
It's in your head. You shouldn't feel totally drained from something simple like dieting.
"Shut the F up and train"

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
Yeah im just always drained anyways because of work and wrestling and then theres lifting lol. I just really dont wanna look small while im trimming i depend on being bigger for wrestling? You guys got a good bulking program? to especially help add muscle

Thanx again

myseone

• Getbig III
Yeah im just always drained anyways because of work and wrestling and then theres lifting lol. I just really dont wanna look small while im trimming i depend on being bigger for wrestling? You guys got a good bulking program? to especially help add muscle

Thanx again

Most people get smaller as they prep for a show, even the best bodybuilders in the world. A few get bigger, Levrone, Arnold, Zane, but they are rare. If you are 12-18% percent you will probably lose some weight trimming the fat. If you get down to 6-8% bodyfat you'll have better density and look bigger in a tank top or shirtless.

You have to decide which direction you want to go, do you want to bulk up? or trim the fat?
Remember Jack of all trades master of none.

If your want to retain muscle mass while dieting down then try to keep or build as much strength as you can. Training wise follow a basic program that covers all major muscle groups, you know what to do. Figure on 12-14 weeks of dieting to get to single digit body fat.

Painlayer420

• Getbig II
  • Live,Lift,and Dominate
Yeah your right, Thanx alot man