Author Topic: John Romano does Lou Ferrigno little justice  (Read 11274 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: John Romano does Lou Ferrigno little justice
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2006, 10:29:23 AM »
Lou was "famous" in a minor way back in the late 70's and early 80's, from the Hulk and from riding Arnold's coattails. This is thirty plus years later... no one cares about a third-tier TV show actor from before they were born. Lou is about as relevant today as the guy who played Sam the butcher in the Brady Bunch TV show.  ::)

Exactly.

People were walking by and snickering at Pete Rose during one of his book signings at Caesar's Palace last year.  They actually had to hire people to walk around the Forum shopping area trying to recruit walk-up traffic to come see him.  

I hardly believe that Lou was ever as relevant as Pete Rose.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2006, 10:30:25 AM »
i was just mentioning that because if there's any pro you are likely to get away with muttering around, it'd be lou

Yeah, but the question is whether the guy can read.

If he can, some of us might be upgefucked!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2006, 11:27:02 AM »
Lou was "famous" in a minor way back in the late 70's and early 80's, from the Hulk and from riding Arnold's coattails. This is thirty plus years later... no one cares about a third-tier TV show actor from before they were born. Lou is about as relevant today as the guy who played Sam the butcher in the Brady Bunch TV show.  ::)
Nice call-back for us older folks. He was always slipping Alice nice pieces of meat.  ;D

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2006, 12:24:18 PM »
Nice call-back for us older folks. He was always slipping Alice nice pieces of meat.  ;D

I once met the sister of the guy who played Larry on Three's Company and I was almost speechless.

If I ever met Allan Melvin - who wasn't just Sam the Butcher, but also Barney Hefner on All in the Family - I'd probably soil myself.

apollo99

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2006, 06:26:24 AM »
I personally live 2 miles from andys store and buy most of my stuff there. Andy,s a great guy and I have been buying off him for nearly 10 years.T o help clarify everything from an outsiders point of view, first of all there is no green wall and never has been a green wall in his store in  ten years that I have been shopping there. Secondly the autographs of his loser brother that have long been taken down are signed to Andy and his family.When you call on his phone there is a disclaimer that states that this store has nothing to do with Lou Ferrigno,it also appears on his front door. I use to like Lou because I met Andy and thought he was a great guy, but now I realize that he is a money hungry loser that should stay in California where the rest of his kind are. PS This friday I passed Andys store and he was unloading a truck with his son, I wonder if Lou knows what work is===Lou Get a Real Job.

edge48

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »
SirGossip, Are you low's wife Carla ??? ??? ???

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2006, 03:25:20 PM »
They "charging for autograph" issue needs a little clarification.

Lou charges for autograph just like the other pros do

Lou also charges you to just to pose with him and take a picture. As far as I know, no other IFBB pro does this,
certainly not any "hollywood celebrities" either.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2006, 03:31:53 PM »
nah, he has hearing aid and is only partial.  i was just mentioning that because if there's any pro you are likely to get away with muttering around, it'd be lou

Actually, I said it pretty loud . I felt bad aftwards, not because of Lou, but for the people who may have heard me. I just blurted it out because I was so pissed. The guy is an asshole.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2006, 11:43:38 PM »
They are showing the hulk on cable here.

So he's still on tv.

Family is still family though. Lou is prolly acting tough cos he's pissed Arnie kept punking him out in competition.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »
Suing one's own brother is a douchebag move, no matter how you slice it. But from a strictly business perspective, Lou actually has a legitimate beef.

He is the one who has built up the value of the "Ferrigno" brand name in muscle-related spheres. Just because the brother was born with the same name doesn't mean he's not diluting the value of Lou's investment by using it to promote some piece-of-crap gym in Jersey or wherever.

Yes, but the business has been in operation since like 1975!
The House that Ruth built

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2006, 12:49:14 PM »
In the latest issue of MD, Romano attempts to "tells Lou's side of the story" in the ongoing lawsuit with his bother. After much pointless banter, Romano states the Lou has rights to any moneys made off the Ferrigno name - exposing Lou to be the blood sucking leach that he is.

Lou also defends his $20 picture taking policy by comparing himself to Tom Cruise and stating that he is a much bigger name than other IFBB pros. He also claims that the fee charged just to have a picture with him is a source of income that he refuses to compromise.

hahahaha, comparing himself to Tom Cruise???? monster delusional!!!!!
as someone told here, 1st that Cruise doesnt charge for pictures...2nd, probably he makes more money in half hour than he makes in one year...
!

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2006, 12:58:18 PM »
They "charging for autograph" issue needs a little clarification.

Lou charges for autograph just like the other pros do

Lou also charges you to just to pose with him and take a picture. As far as I know, no other IFBB pro does this, certainly not any "hollywood celebrities" either.

I have never seen a pro bb charge for an autograph UNLESS it was on a picture they were selling.

I have never seen a pro bb charge a 10 year old kid for a picture/autograph.

I have never known of a pro bb to charge someone to take a pic with them.

The above is just my experience, there may be some pro bb's that do besides Lou, but I have never seen any in my 15 years of going to bodybuilding shows.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2006, 01:33:15 PM »
Doesn't Lou's sister in law have cancer?  Doesn't His brother have enough to worry about without being sued by his brother?  Lou seems like a "Just Me' kinda jerk.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2006, 06:09:16 PM »

Lou: "That's $15 for a handshake and $20 for the picture"
I am a mini beast

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2006, 07:19:06 PM »
I'm sure Lou is a champion to his friends but he's a tosser to his customers.

Slick Vic

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 05:27:48 AM »
I'm sure Lou is a champion to his friends but he's a tosser to his customers.
I'm with ya on that.

edge48

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
Doesn't Lou's sister in law have cancer?  Doesn't His brother have enough to worry about without being sued by his brother?  Lou seems like a "Just Me' kinda jerk.
His sister in law has breast cancer I feel so sorry for them. Andy said he spoke to Low almost every night when she went through chemo radiation,and surgery! Why don't he leave them alone they have anuff to worry about :(

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2006, 10:05:19 AM »
Mickey Mantle, Pete Rose, and about 50 other baseball players come to mind.  :)

They don't charge for autographs. The promoter pays them and then charges admission to the card show.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »
I didn't think that he was completley deaf? You sure?

80% loss of hearing.

edge48

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2006, 09:00:40 AM »
Yes
lou ferringno defended himself in saying he is a big time name and that his autograph is worth alot of money, going as high as $300 on ebay,
    In his dreams hahahahaha That's really funny ;D

apollo99

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2006, 05:05:06 PM »
I did some research on Google, Lou does an average of 40 appearances a year. He has to make between 10-20 thousand per show. All I know if I made about 800,000 a year just signing my name I would walk down the street with a big smile on my face. Lou the over the hill loser instead decides to sue his brother after his father passes away. I truly believe in Karma and would not like to be Lou when Judgement Day Comes.Also to all the shit heads who are saying they know Lou for years and how great he is they must either owe him money or doing his wife.

edge48

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2006, 07:38:53 AM »
I did some research on Google, Lou does an average of 40 appearances a year. He has to make between 10-20 thousand per show. All I know if I made about 800,000 a year just signing my name I would walk down the street with a big smile on my face. Lou the over the hill loser instead decides to sue his brother after his father passes away. I truly believe in Karma and would not like to be Lou when Judgement Day Comes.Also to all the shit heads who are saying they know Lou for years and how great he is they must either owe him money or doing his wife.
I'll say it again his brother should call the IRS ;D

edge48

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2006, 03:06:09 PM »
To Sir Gossip comments he full of shit because Lou would never let anyone come over his house it might cost him money. Also braniac Lou,s brother owns a fitness store and not a gym. Either your doing the big guys old lady or he owes you money, that the only time anyone could say Lou is a great guy.He did not even go to his own fathers funeral , he did not want to spend the plane fare. He is a blood sucking leach.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »
What he's doing is pathetic, no doubt.  However, credit must be given to the guy....He did bring to life an AWESOME comic book charactor.  Not many could have done that nearly as well as him..his facial expressions were awesome..especially if the sceen involved kids or a "sensitive" Hulk.  I would imagine he is a big hit at comic book conventions.  I do think he deserves to get paid for his autograph pix...He is a legit celebrity and known throughout the world not just in a very very small BB community....not many people or ANY people know who Ronnie Coleman is outside of BB...you can not even compare.  If lou isn't getting residuals for the Hulk that's f--- up!  The only reason I watched that show is to see the hulk 2 times each episode. 

That being said I got to say that it's unbelieveable that people would turn away from Pete Rose at a signing........The guy is the best hitter in baseball...his record is a thousand or so from the #2 hitter...I'd be very surprised to see his record touched any time soon.   People that discredit the man or say keep him out of the HOF are morons...the guy was GREAT and NOTHING can take that away..especially f---- gambling.   

slummin

• Getbig II
  • BB Vips posting here encourage the growing disease
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2006, 09:41:39 PM »
some guy's selling a few barbell plates and dumbells in north Jersey, his name IS Ferrigno, and that's taking money out of Lou's pocket 3000 miles away in posh Beverly Hills?

and for anyone talking bullchit like "it's the principle of it" what the F happened to "the principle" of family?

let's see this for what it is  ::)