Author Topic: Lyle Alzado  (Read 35229 times)

OneBigMan

Re: Lyle Alzado
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 12:21:31 PM »
He wanted sex with them

Well, if you want to be funny and put it that way then lets talk about other pro sports athletes who have had the gay rumor attached to their name. A rumor such as the very outdated one that was mentioned in connection to Lyle Alzado is not credible since it could have been made to be legit during all those years in the 90's when the supposed secret about why Lyle Alzado really died would have come out one way or the other especially in Los Angeles.

CF

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Ready or not!
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 09:52:43 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't it possible that Alzado had both, brain tumor and aids?  ???

As a lifelong raider fan, I remember watching games where Alzado was posessed!  It was truly awesome as a fan.  Can I believe he was gay or bi?  Absolutely.  I am in contact with several pro athletes, some in major league baseball and some in the NFL and they have all told me that if someone were gay, they would never EVER mention it in the locker room, nor would they ever want that to come out, can you say extradited?  Former governor McGreevey was married with children, it means nothing. 

Carlo

OneBigMan

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2007, 11:08:25 AM »
To make a long story short, if anyone cares that much if this former pro football player was secretly "sideways" in his personal life, then think about the "sideways" sub-culture that is such a severe stereotype about bodybuilders since the issue of using or abusing steroids and other substances is enough of everyday subject to post about.

CF

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Ready or not!
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2007, 11:46:13 PM »
To make a long story short, if anyone cares that much if this former pro football player was secretly "sideways" in his personal life, then think about the "sideways" sub-culture that is such a severe stereotype about bodybuilders since the issue of using or abusing steroids and other substances is enough of everyday subject to post about.

I personally could care less what Lyle or anyone else chose or chooses to do with their personal life.  I think the point here is that he claimed steroids caused his demise, when in fact that may not have been the case.

Carlo

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2007, 03:00:07 AM »
alzado liked to do nasty stuff with blonde young men.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »
alzado liked to do nasty stuff with blonde young men.

Are you blond? ???

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2007, 06:37:03 AM »
Lyle Alzado was gay, he tried to pick up my now partner up on the beach in California back in the 80's. I dont know why but my partner wasn't interested. He said he was kind of obnoxious. I don't think I would have been much easier...lol

It really shoudn't matter if he was gay or not. He was still a cool guy, a good athlete and an entertaining character. Enough is enough on speculating. He was gay big deal.

OneBigMan

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »
I personally could care less what Lyle or anyone else chose or chooses to do with their personal life.  I think the point here is that he claimed steroids caused his demise, when in fact that may not have been the case.

Carlo

He claimed steroids caused his demise so he could look like a innocent victim of what he did to himself. Lyle Alzado is one of the last pro athletes I would ever feel sympathy for because steroids have been in the NFL since the league went through a very controversial period during the eighties. This guy played for three different teams and won a Super Bowl with the Raiders two years before his retirement to pursue a minor acting career in Los Angeles. Although his public acknowledgement of using and abusing steroids in the early 90's looked to me like a PR stunt, I still have some respect for him since he died at a not so old age in 1992 and the way he almost looked handicapped when his condition just deteriorated until his death.

This talk about him being accused of being a former fagit is off the charts because basically Lyle Alzado has been laying 6 feet deep in a cemetary somewhere since his funeral in May of 1992 and I assume people who still don't like the guy want to kick more dirt over his grave, so to speak.

If you want to mention a presumably gay pro sports player then think about the incident when the Major League player for the Mets publicly tried to put a stop to all the gay rumors concerning him and a guy in the media who he was supposedly in love with. I remember when Jay Leno mentioned it once during the Tonight Show and David Letterman kept on reminding people about it for at least a few weeks if not more.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2007, 03:08:07 AM »
Are you blond? ???

nope im not. but according to ben lazorda thats what he liked (blondes).

CF

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Ready or not!
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »
He claimed steroids caused his demise so he could look like a innocent victim of what he did to himself. Lyle Alzado is one of the last pro athletes I would ever feel sympathy for because steroids have been in the NFL since the league went through a very controversial period during the eighties. This guy played for three different teams and won a Super Bowl with the Raiders two years before his retirement to pursue a minor acting career in Los Angeles. Although his public acknowledgement of using and abusing steroids in the early 90's looked to me like a PR stunt, I still have some respect for him since he died at a not so old age in 1992 and the way he almost looked handicapped when his condition just deteriorated until his death.

This talk about him being accused of being a former fagit is off the charts because basically Lyle Alzado has been laying 6 feet deep in a cemetary somewhere since his funeral in May of 1992 and I assume people who still don't like the guy want to kick more dirt over his grave, so to speak.

I'm not sure what your point is.  Like I said, it doesn't matter to me AT ALL whether or not Lyle Alzado was bi, gay, whatever.  He was and still is one of my favorite football players.  I've been a raider fan since '79.  The baseball player you refer to was Billy Beane.  He played on my favorite team, the Mets.  The whole homosexuality issue is overstated, my point initially was that it's a bit disturbing, to me personally that he would blame steroids, and ONLY steroids for his death, if in fact he did have AIDS.

Carlo

If you want to mention a presumably gay pro sports player then think about the incident when the Major League player for the Mets publicly tried to put a stop to all the gay rumors concerning him and a guy in the media who he was supposedly in love with. I remember when Jay Leno mentioned it once during the Tonight Show and David Letterman kept on reminding people about it for at least a few weeks if not more.