Author Topic: California law to ban/exterminate Pit Bulls  (Read 63701 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Re: California law to ban/exterminate Pit Bulls
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »
heres my girl at the gym.

chillin on the bench.

resting between sets.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2006, 01:20:03 PM »
few more....

body88

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
evil beast!!!!!!!!!  ;) ;) ;)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »
Looks even more ferocious than mine ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2006, 08:20:59 PM »
Do the people who put up pictures of pit victims feel the same way for car accident victims?  The consensus here seems to be "It's stupid people" Well the same goes for most of the idiots who cause auto accidents.  So the logic being you can't get rid of stupid people so we get rid of the pits... Feel the same way about cars then?  Can't get rid of stupid people, get rid of cars?... Cars kill thousands more than all dog breeds combined, stupid people are behind it, and people die in just as gruesome a way.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2006, 03:45:06 AM »
evil beast!!!!!!!!!  ;) ;) ;)

Hey body88.It is very obvious that you are pasionate about this subject,and that you love your dog.I admire that you can debate this issue without name calling and insults,and you can see both sides of it...So if you love your pup,you should see if jmt1 will introduce him to nikita(I guess that is a girl) so he can get him some ass. hahaha :D

body88

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2006, 06:32:25 AM »
Hey body88.It is very obvious that you are pasionate about this subject,and that you love your dog.I admire that you can debate this issue without name calling and insults,and you can see both sides of it...So if you love your pup,you should see if jmt1 will introduce him to nikita(I guess that is a girl) so he can get him some ass. hahaha :D

Haha thanks man!

I think it is almost time for old frankie to get fixed, He is almost 7 months and starting to hump everything in sight. Here he is snoozing after a long session with the pillow.

body88

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2006, 06:38:19 AM »
Do the people who put up pictures of pit victims feel the same way for car accident victims?  The consensus here seems to be "It's stupid people" Well the same goes for most of the idiots who cause auto accidents.  So the logic being you can't get rid of stupid people so we get rid of the pits... Feel the same way about cars then?  Can't get rid of stupid people, get rid of cars?... Cars kill thousands more than all dog breeds combined, stupid people are behind it, and people die in just as gruesome a way.

A very true quote right here. There are thousands and thousand of auto accidents per year. Hell thousands per day where negligent drivers harm innocent people. There are under 10 pitbull attacks that are fatal per year. Under 30 in the last 30 years! You have a 1000 times better chance to die from lightning than a pitbull. The answer is not to ban pitbull just like the answer is not to ban cars. The answer is also not to do nothing about the owner problem facing this breed. Both sides have rights. But the anti pit side is fueled by myth and emotion. To very bad motivations to make decisions that to some people will be very unfair and troubling. Pitbulls are just that latest tool Americas thugs, gangsters and drug dealers use to exploit. You ban the pits they will just move on to another "tough" breed that is not banned.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2006, 06:58:15 AM »
A very true quote right here. There are thousands and thousand of auto accidents per year. Hell thousands per day where negligent drivers harm innocent people. There are under 10 pitbull attacks that are fatal per year. Under 30 in the last 30 years! You have a 1000 times better chance to die from lightning than a pitbull. The answer is not to ban pitbull just like the answer is not to ban cars. The answer is also not to do nothing about the owner problem facing this breed. Both sides have rights. But the anti pit side is fueled by myth and emotion. To very bad motivations to make decisions that to some people will be very unfair and troubling. Pitbulls are just that latest tool Americas thugs, gangsters and drug dealers use to exploit. You ban the pits they will just move on to another "tough" breed that is not banned.
Exactly, well put.

body88

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2006, 07:34:21 AM »
To explain how gangsters started to love pits there are two main reasons IMO. Attempting to protect a drug house is one of them. They got the "toughest" breed they could find. The only problem with that is pits are not good guard dogs. They are expert dog fighters but guarding is just not there specialty. They are very very people friendly. Unless trained to be otherwise of course. A doberman or rotty would be a much better gaurd dog choice.

Also hip hop was a big contributer. When dmx come out with all those videos all the "thugs" copied.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2006, 08:50:05 AM »
I have to chime in on this.  I grew up around pits, my dad always loved the breed and we had quite a few while growing up.  Even had one that was a retired fighter that my dad took off some assholes hands who was going to put him down.  GREAT breed of dog.  The whole issue is that when a pit does bite/attack the amount of damage is so severe that it scares the shit out of people.  On avg, they are much less aggresive towards people than many other breeds.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2006, 10:12:35 AM »
.  On avg, they are much less aggresive towards people than many other breeds.

that is very true...its too bad most people dont know that....

earlier in this thread i posted the scores from the american temperment society....

temperament is:
"the sum total of all inborn and acquired physical and mental traits and talents which
determines, forms and regulates behavior in the environment"

The test simulates a casual walk through the park or neighborhood where everyday life situations are encountered. During this walk, the dog experiences visual, auditory and tactile stimuli. Neutral, friendly and threatening situations are encountered, calling into play the dog's ability to distinguish between non-threatening situations and those calling for watchful and protective reactions.

the fact is that the apbt scored higher than most breeds including collies and golden retrievers.

body88

« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2006, 10:48:30 AM »
I have to chime in on this.  I grew up around pits, my dad always loved the breed and we had quite a few while growing up.  Even had one that was a retired fighter that my dad took off some assholes hands who was going to put him down.  GREAT breed of dog.  The whole issue is that when a pit does bite/attack the amount of damage is so severe that it scares the shit out of people.  On avg, they are much less aggresive towards people than many other breeds.

Good post. I am aware the massive damage they can inflict. That is why i would be willing to muzzle my dog in public to appease anti pitbull people. But anything more than that is ridiculous and a cop out. They should be going after the owners who use animals as weapons. Like Ive said about 50 times. You ban pits they will just pick one of the hundreds of breeds that are not banned. A pit can do massive damage but seems to me so couldent a mean Akita.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2006, 11:06:49 AM »
another important point is that animal agression does not translate to  human agression.   most pits are gonna show some agression towards other animals ...as do all bully breeds...it just a part of who they are... if they are trained and socialized to be around other animals its really not a problem...from the start this dog was also bread with a strong bite inhibition towards humans...this bite inhibition was so strong that the person could step in the middle of a fight without the fear of getting bit...if a pit ever shows human agression you can be sure that the dog has either been abused, trained to be that way, or a product of some scum bag back yard breeder who is trying to breed that trait into the dog.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2006, 03:56:08 PM »
here is an example of how these bsl  idiots think.

this is from a city in iowa that is considering a ban on pits as well as other "agressive" breeds.

βΆ The City Council discussed the possibility of an ordinance against ownership of certain breeds of dogs after a 10-year-old was attacked.
The current city ordinance addresses issues for all vicious animals, with no breeds named specifically, and deals with situations reactively.
Since the dog involved in the attack has been put down, there are no charges that can be filed, City Administrator Brian James said.
"I think we should look at this real strongly," Councilor Tom Salm said.
Although it may be hard to develop an ordinance for certain breeds, there is evidence that some breeds are more aggressive than others, councilors said.
"We don't need our kids being bitten by any dog," Salm said.
Councilor Matt Bahl said that a dog bit him earlier this year while riding his bike in unincorporated county land.
"That was not a pit bull. That was just a dog," Bahl said. "It's shocking and scary, and it can be life threatening. We don't need to have that in our community."
Mayor Dave Franker said he would support a city ban on pit bulls.
"We're not going to make our city perfectly safe, but we could make it much safer," Franker said.

body88

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2006, 07:02:02 PM »
here is an example of how these bsl  idiots think.

this is from a city in iowa that is considering a ban on pits as well as other "agressive" breeds.

βΆ The City Council discussed the possibility of an ordinance against ownership of certain breeds of dogs after a 10-year-old was attacked.
The current city ordinance addresses issues for all vicious animals, with no breeds named specifically, and deals with situations reactively.
Since the dog involved in the attack has been put down, there are no charges that can be filed, City Administrator Brian James said.
"I think we should look at this real strongly," Councilor Tom Salm said.
Although it may be hard to develop an ordinance for certain breeds, there is evidence that some breeds are more aggressive than others, councilors said.
"We don't need our kids being bitten by any dog," Salm said.
Councilor Matt Bahl said that a dog bit him earlier this year while riding his bike in unincorporated county land.
"That was not a pit bull. That was just a dog," Bahl said. "It's shocking and scary, and it can be life threatening. We don't need to have that in our community."
Mayor Dave Franker said he would support a city ban on pit bulls.
"We're not going to make our city perfectly safe, but we could make it much safer," Franker said.

Lol oh brother..... Iowa is just soooooooooo dangerous ::)

Let all the small town hicks have there gun racks stocked with shotguns in there trucks. But ban those damn pits!

I just read the Iowa dog bite statistics and they to are saying Pitbull TYPE. If you are going to blackball a whole breed you cannot say pitbull TYPE. It is a pitbull or not. They clearly say rottweiler. Not rottweiler type. What are all the breeds in a rotty included as rottweiler types? ::)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2006, 07:48:54 PM »
check what this idiot has to say... >:(

ENOUGH TALKING, TIME TO BAN PIT BULLS   
GREG CLARK COMMENTARY

Keeping pit bulls, chows and Rottweilers in our cities is just like playing Russian roulette with fangs.

Sooner or later, a dog will maul somebody. In recent weeks, that horror has played through our souls, over and over. Now its time to ban the breeds.

Theres a problem with those two paragraphs and no, its not the harsh call to control the carnage.

The problem is that I wrote those paragraphs following a spate of attacks in 1997. The topic also came up in the 1980s, when The Star published a special package following a nationwide scourge of attacks.

Several years and numerous attacks later, most of our cities still havent gotten it right. So here we are again, this time in 2006, with another chance.

Independence, Gladstone, Raytown, Overland Park, Olathe and North Kansas City are among cities throughout the metro area debating the issue.

The time for debate has long since passed. Just ask the families of the three Independence men who were mauled earlier this year by three pit bulls.

After I wrote that column in 1997, I faced a barrage of comments from the public. Most agreed with me. Some did not. The three opposing points I heard most often:

Its wrong to pick on specific breeds, such as pit bulls. All dogs bite.

The problem isnt the dogs; its irresponsible owners who breed and train them for violence.

This wouldnt happen if people would teach people especially kids not to pet strange dogs. Maybe parents should keep their children on a leash.

Were hearing those same arguments again, and theyre still just as lame. Let me address them in order.

Proponents of the first argument are right. All dogs bite. But when was the last time you heard of a beagle, Scottie or Chihuahua nearly chomping off somebodys arm?

As for the second argument, its irrelevant. If a dog is going for your throat, you dont care how it became vicious; you just want it gone.

Finally, the third argument, that people shouldnt pet strange dogs. Good point. But the three men mauled in Independence werent trying to pet the animals. And a boy recently attacked in Olathe was injured after the dog jumped a fence.

The bottom line is that these dogs pose an unreasonable and unnecessary risk to the communities that allow them.

But if our cities dont want to remove current pets, at least they could outlaw any more from taking up residence.

Were it not for one variable what to do about mixed-breeds the decision to ban them should be easy.  Perhaps cities could appoint a board of veterinarians or animal-control officers who could decide if mongrel dogs have enough pit bull in them to pose a menace.

After the uproar in the 1990s city leaders talked, listened and commissioned studies. Some cities even wrote or toughened laws against dangerous animals. That obviously wasnt enough.

Now, please, no more talk. Just ban the animals.

Otherwise our cities will continue to play Russian roulette with fangs.
To reach Greg Clark, call (816) 234-7803 or send e-mail to gclark@kcstar.com.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/15013912.htm

body88

« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2006, 08:14:02 PM »
check what this idiot has to say... >:(

ENOUGH TALKING, TIME TO BAN PIT BULLS   
GREG CLARK COMMENTARY

Keeping pit bulls, chows and Rottweilers in our cities is just like playing Russian roulette with fangs.

Sooner or later, a dog will maul somebody. In recent weeks, that horror has played through our souls, over and over. Now its time to ban the breeds.

Theres a problem with those two paragraphs and no, its not the harsh call to control the carnage.

The problem is that I wrote those paragraphs following a spate of attacks in 1997. The topic also came up in the 1980s, when The Star published a special package following a nationwide scourge of attacks.

Several years and numerous attacks later, most of our cities still havent gotten it right. So here we are again, this time in 2006, with another chance.

Independence, Gladstone, Raytown, Overland Park, Olathe and North Kansas City are among cities throughout the metro area debating the issue.

The time for debate has long since passed. Just ask the families of the three Independence men who were mauled earlier this year by three pit bulls.

After I wrote that column in 1997, I faced a barrage of comments from the public. Most agreed with me. Some did not. The three opposing points I heard most often:

Its wrong to pick on specific breeds, such as pit bulls. All dogs bite.

The problem isnt the dogs; its irresponsible owners who breed and train them for violence.

This wouldnt happen if people would teach people especially kids not to pet strange dogs. Maybe parents should keep their children on a leash.

Were hearing those same arguments again, and theyre still just as lame. Let me address them in order.

Proponents of the first argument are right. All dogs bite. But when was the last time you heard of a beagle, Scottie or Chihuahua nearly chomping off somebodys arm?

As for the second argument, its irrelevant. If a dog is going for your throat, you dont care how it became vicious; you just want it gone.

Finally, the third argument, that people shouldnt pet strange dogs. Good point. But the three men mauled in Independence werent trying to pet the animals. And a boy recently attacked in Olathe was injured after the dog jumped a fence.

The bottom line is that these dogs pose an unreasonable and unnecessary risk to the communities that allow them.

But if our cities dont want to remove current pets, at least they could outlaw any more from taking up residence.

Were it not for one variable what to do about mixed-breeds the decision to ban them should be easy.  Perhaps cities could appoint a board of veterinarians or animal-control officers who could decide if mongrel dogs have enough pit bull in them to pose a menace.

After the uproar in the 1990s city leaders talked, listened and commissioned studies. Some cities even wrote or toughened laws against dangerous animals. That obviously wasnt enough.

Now, please, no more talk. Just ban the animals.

Otherwise our cities will continue to play Russian roulette with fangs.
To reach Greg Clark, call (816) 234-7803 or send e-mail to gclark@kcstar.com.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/15013912.htm

i am emailing this assclown right now. I am going to rip him a new asshole ;D

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2006, 08:47:17 PM »
i am emailing this assclown right now. I am going to rip him a new asshole ;D

i thought about emailing this dickhead also...he seems like the type that has his agenda and nothing will make him change his position...i dont have the paitence to deal with people like that.... cant believe this moron actually said our cities are "playing russian roulette with fangs".

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2006, 09:18:45 PM »
play find the pit bull....shows pictures of 25 different dogs that could be considered "pit bull types"....click on the dog that is the pit bull.

if you get mauled by one of these vicous beasts you should atleast be abe to make a positive id.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

body88

« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2006, 10:17:23 PM »
i thought about emailing this dickhead also...he seems like the type that has his agenda and nothing will make him change his position...i dont have the paitence to deal with people like that.... cant believe this moron actually said our cities are "playing russian roulette with fangs".

Email him..... I referenced your sources on the temperament. You have alot of knowledge and are well spoken. Maybe it will piss him off enough to print some of our facts!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »
Good post. I am aware the massive damage they can inflict. That is why i would be willing to muzzle my dog in public to appease anti pitbull people. But anything more than that is ridiculous and a cop out. They should be going after the owners who use animals as weapons. Like Ive said about 50 times. You ban pits they will just pick one of the hundreds of breeds that are not banned. A pit can do massive damage but seems to me so couldent a mean Akita.

You know...THAT sounds like the best solution.Completely fair to both sides.I say that without knowing exactly how big a pain it is to deal with put'n a muzzle on a pit bull. :-\ because I never put a muzzle on a dog,but I would imagine they might get a bit upset while you were doing it....If they passed a law requiring all pits to be muzzled while in public,or outside in the yard without a chain,then any attack that occured would be an open and shut case of the  DOG OWNER breaking the law.How could they argue? He can't maul someone while muzzled.It would be no contest.Then they should impose harsh criminal penalties on the owners,and take their dog.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2006, 06:12:28 AM »
I don't know about this pit bull thing......  I understand the point about the bad owners...  However about a 2-3 years ago i remember hearing on the news about an 11 year old boy who was walking home from school and got attacked by a pitt bull.  The kid died.  So it's hard for me hear about how they aren't dangerous.

I know a handicapped girl who was mauled by three pit bulls early one morning when she went to work at the bakery. The owner had let them run free to urinate thinking no one was outside that early. Before banning the dogs there should be VERY HEAVY jail sentences for people who's dogs hurt humans or other animals.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2006, 06:14:58 AM »
Hence the desire for the ban. There's no question the problem is with bad dog owners rather than the breed, however, bad dog owners only come to light AFTER a vicious attack. And in some cases, pits with good owners have attacked as well. We recently had a case here in Toronto where a pit bull attacked a little girl who she had played with for years. The girl grew up next to the dog, and had a great relationship with the dog and the dog owner. One day, the dog out of the blue attacked the little girl. The owner who was beside herself with grief had the dog put down. Pits have a jaw that locks, and that makes them especially dangerous.

There are other breeds of dogs that are more likely to bite you than a Pit Bull. The thing with the Pit Bulls is they can kill a grown man. Not many breeds have the strength to do this.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2006, 06:16:12 AM »
i'm not saying your making that up but i would bet there is more to the story than that.

and pit bulls do not have jaws that lock...there in absolutely no mechanism for a pits jaw to lock....that is one of the many myths of the pit bull.

They may not have lock jaws but they have an EXTREMELY strong bite and will hold on till they are killed.