Author Topic: Rich Gaspari Strength Claims  (Read 12012 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: Rich Gaspari Strength Claims
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2006, 06:07:26 AM »
I can't remember if it was Rich or Platz but I remember a story going around that the person was squating so hard that they blew out a blood vessel in thier eye!  That's some hard ass training.
nasser=piece of shit

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2006, 06:16:22 AM »
I can't remember if it was Rich or Platz but I remember a story going around that the person was squating so hard that they blew out a blood vessel in thier eye!  That's some hard ass training.

That was Platz.  He mentioned that in an interview once.  Although it wouldn't surprise me if it happened to Gaspari too.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2006, 12:09:26 PM »
GAspari's wide-grip below-parrarel barbell rows looked painful and useless

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2006, 01:53:30 PM »
Gaspari was known to be a lot stronger than his training partner Haney,however those numbers are a little high for a midget.

I did not think They were training partners. Haney is from Atlanta and trained with ropeman ty Felder. Gaspari is from New Jersey.  ???

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2006, 04:40:10 PM »
I did not think They were training partners. Haney is from Atlanta and trained with ropeman ty Felder. Gaspari is from New Jersey.  ???

Know your history, youngblood.  :) Haney and Gaspari were definitely training partners for a time. They had a lot of respect for each other for that reason. I believe Rich would go down south to train with Haney early in his pro career. Haney may not have been known for using ridiculously heavy weight, but I remember reading that Rich was in awe of some of the things Lee would do in the gym.

Lee is a country boy (like Ronnie) from South Carolina, and used to hard work. I think Rich took the experience of training with Lee and added in his own blue-collar Jersey work ethic to become one of the most intense trainers ever.
Lee

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »

lol idid this fucking one time  the gir thoguht i had an anourism (sp?)