Author Topic: The 92' Olympia was Legendary and Memorable  (Read 4257 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
The 92' Olympia was Legendary and Memorable
« on: July 13, 2006, 06:05:08 AM »
After I looked at this Clip, all I could think was, wow. That 92 Olympia was like any other. Shawn ray was pretty young, Lou was still competing, Lebrada was amazing, levrone was young, and Dorian was building a Legacy. Mass monsters was not yet Introduced. I hope today's young and up and coming bodybuilders would learn from these past Greats. Bodybuilding was sooooo much more Exciting

Get Big, or Die Trying

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: The 92' Olympia was Legendary and Memorable
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 06:16:21 AM »
I had the ESPN broadcast of this show for along time...great, great show.  Everyone looked great.  I remember Labrada looked awsome and in interviews that followed he said he was using a new supplement..met-rx and it helped him put on...I think 10lbs which was awsome at that time.  Levrone was awsome and shawn ray was at his best up to that point.  I remember my jaw hit the floor when dorian turned around and hit his back shots...amazing.  Beniziza looked incredible too...to bad he died a few weeks later.
nasser=piece of shit

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:32:31 AM »
I had the ESPN broadcast of this show for along time...great, great show.  Everyone looked great.  I remember Labrada looked awsome and in interviews that followed he said he was using a new supplement..met-rx and it helped him put on...I think 10lbs which was awsome at that time.  Levrone was awsome and shawn ray was at his best up to that point.  I remember my jaw hit the floor when dorian turned around and hit his back shots...amazing.  Beniziza looked incredible too...to bad he died a few weeks later.

I could not believe Benezia died. I thought there was a mistake or something, but years later, as I learn more about bodybuilding, I realize the extreme measure these guys went to achieve these looks. but Labrada was my favorite. Does anybody knows where in the world is CHARLES CLAIRMONTE
Get Big, or Die Trying

theonlyone

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 06:39:35 AM »

I could not believe Benezia died. I thought there was a mistake or something, but years later, as I learn more about bodybuilding, I realize the extreme measure these guys went to achieve these looks. but Labrada was my favorite. Does anybody knows where in the world is CHARLES CLAIRMONTE

CHARLES CLAIRMONTE didn't compete at Mr. O 1992!
Labrada posing at this contest was the bestest!@

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 06:43:36 AM »
I was at that Olympia in  Atl      ...I remember everytime they told Lou to do something on stage...another bodybuilder had to tell him what to do due to his deafness.   I think Lou charged $20 for people to help him

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 06:49:06 AM »
I was at that Olympia in        ...I remember everytime they told Lou to do something on stage...another bodybuilder had to tell him what to do due to his deafness.   I think Lou charged $20 for people to help him

LOL.....when they said quarter turn to the left, and Rear double biceps, he went incredible hulk on them
Get Big, or Die Trying

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 07:24:44 AM »

I remember when Mo did the ironman, I think when Vince Taylor won and he was huge but watery..they said he looked like Jabba the Hut.  Seems like he had alot of problems with water.  Even though I was young I knew he was doing some funky things to get into his olympia shape...one fo the mags had a pretty detailed account of what he actually did on that tour.  I "think"  he was eating an apple a day and that was it as far as water consumption.  I remember one of the pro's said that alot of guys looke really hard on stage but Mo was actually hard to the touch, he felt like a piece of wood and he was very cold to the touch.  I pretty much remember the whole article so I could go into more detail if anyone wants but it's from memory so it might be alittle shakey.
nasser=piece of shit

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 08:08:30 AM »
I remember when Mo did the ironman, I think when Vince Taylor won and he was huge but watery..they said he looked like Jabba the Hut.  Seems like he had alot of problems with water.  Even though I was young I knew he was doing some funky things to get into his olympia shape...one fo the mags had a pretty detailed account of what he actually did on that tour.  I "think"  he was eating an apple a day and that was it as far as water consumption.  I remember one of the pro's said that alot of guys looke really hard on stage but Mo was actually hard to the touch, he felt like a piece of wood and he was very cold to the touch.  I pretty much remember the whole article so I could go into more detail if anyone wants but it's from memory so it might be alittle shakey.

wow, that was some crazy stuff
Get Big, or Die Trying

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 08:39:40 AM »
no no he was blending a bag of apples per day or as a serving and that was his liquid intake and at the same time he was taking the lasix. i have the articles someplace and talked about the reason you gotta be careful is something like there are 2 lasix(40mg and 80mg). i think it was beckles that may have a had a problem with this one time. i may be incorrect. it aint the juice that kills, its the diuretics.

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 08:42:11 AM »
it aint the juice that kills, its the diuretics.

not immediately anyway

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 08:46:04 AM »
met-rx was an expensive laxative

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 09:11:40 AM »
Shawn was robbed, thats the main thing i saw from the contest
Scouser on Tour

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 09:36:36 AM »
no no he was blending a bag of apples per day or as a serving and that was his liquid intake and at the same time he was taking the lasix. i have the articles someplace and talked about the reason you gotta be careful is something like there are 2 lasix(40mg and 80mg). i think it was beckles that may have a had a problem with this one time. i may be incorrect. it aint the juice that kills, its the diuretics.

Beckles went to the hospital during the 88 Euro tour when Gaspari and Labrada were duking it out.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »
Dammmn Dorian dwarfs them all|!
just push some weight!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 10:05:19 AM »

Shawn had so many chances to become Mr Olympia.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »

the top 5 could have gone anywhere

labarada, ray, k-lo, momo, yates - all were awesome

that was definetly levrone's best conditioning ever - shredded hams and glutes  :o :o

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 12:38:33 AM »
You know why everyone looked so good?  Because there was no reigning Mr. o competing and people felt like they had a chance. Look at 1998 the condition of almost everyone in that show was outstanding.  People try harder if they feel they have a chance.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »
shredded in 92

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 02:23:26 PM »

The article was written by canadian BB Steve Brisbois in Musclemag.who said that momo drank no water but just pureed the bag of apples and used that. Steve said that when he touched momo's leg it was like touching stone-it was that hard. Fucking scary. Momo and steve were tight due to the fact they both spoke french.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 11:55:28 AM »

You got it right.  Plus, he was dropping a handful of diuretics with one of his meals..

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 12:31:07 PM »
The article was written by canadian BB Steve Brisbois in Musclemag.who said that momo drank no water but just pureed the bag of apples and used that. Steve said that when he touched momo's leg it was like touching stone-it was that hard. Fucking scary. Momo and steve were tight due to the fact they both spoke french.

the Briz.....haha what a tiny little guy he was/is.