Author Topic: Discuss your Worst Gym Accident  (Read 9010 times)

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
Re: Discuss your Worst Gym Accident
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »
Worst thing thats happend to me?

Droping a 45 down my shin(I still have the scar) :-X

Got stuck under the bar on the decline bench.At the buisiest time of the day. ;D

Scariest thing.
Some girl was removing plates from a bar that someone was squating with.A dude was next to her training oblivious to what was going on.She had removed two 45's from one side.And left two on the otherside.I was on the otherside of the free weight area.When It registered what was about to happen.

She had turned her back to the bar so she didn't know what was about to happen.She was putting the weight on the tree.So all in slowmotion the bar starts tippin' towards this poor bastard.I'm at a full run across the room.I caught the end of the damn bar just as the weights started sliding off the otherside. :o

Dude had no idea what had almost happend.(Headphones)
give in to the darkside

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2006, 08:46:49 PM »
She deserved a Hogan Leg drop for her stoopidity...
Motherboy (the band).

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2006, 09:12:41 PM »
I once was doing squats on the smith machine with 3 plates on each side and when I was done I went to hook the weight.  Well I thought it was hooked, but the tip of the hook was actually right on the very top of the rod or bar it should hook on to.  So the hook then slipped back while I was stepping out of the lift.  I was stepping forward and the weight started to crash down - luckily I was able to get my arms and body out from under it.  Since it forgot to use the safteys, the thing went all the way to the floor "BANG!!!"  Everybody in the gym about had a heart attack.  I am thankful that I didn't step backwards out of the lift - I would be crushed and paralized right now.

My back got tweaked and was sore for two weeks - and I learned to use all safetys from then on.  That still creeps me out.
Motherboy (the band).

mrsirjojo

• Getbig II
  • Si vis pacem, Para bellum.
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2006, 08:19:55 AM »
While doing a drop set of squats a blood vessel in my head burst...... the doctor told me it could have been fatal......   :-\

I once had a headache for 10 days after going heavy on the bench. I assumed it was a broken blood vessel too. Ouch... and scary.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2006, 08:57:19 AM »
I once was doing squats on the smith machine with 3 plates on each side and when I was done I went to hook the weight.  Well I thought it was hooked, but the tip of the hook was actually right on the very top of the rod or bar it should hook on to.  So the hook then slipped back while I was stepping out of the lift.  I was stepping forward and the weight started to crash down - luckily I was able to get my arms and body out from under it.  Since it forgot to use the safteys, the thing went all the way to the floor "BANG!!!"  Everybody in the gym about had a heart attack.  I am thankful that I didn't step backwards out of the lift - I would be crushed and paralized right now.

My back got tweaked and was sore for two weeks - and I learned to use all safetys from then on.  That still creeps me out.

Did you break the smith machine?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 09:09:41 AM »
Worst thing thats happend to me?

Droping a 45 down my shin(I still have the scar) :-X

Got stuck under the bar on the decline bench.At the buisiest time of the day. ;D

Scariest thing.
Some girl was removing plates from a bar that someone was squating with.A dude was next to her training oblivious to what was going on.She had removed two 45's from one side.And left two on the otherside.I was on the otherside of the free weight area.When It registered what was about to happen.

She had turned her back to the bar so she didn't know what was about to happen.She was putting the weight on the tree.So all in slowmotion the bar starts tippin' towards this poor bastard.I'm at a full run across the room.I caught the end of the damn bar just as the weights started sliding off the otherside. :o

Dude had no idea what had almost happend.(Headphones)

Dammn good job bro! When I take the weight off, I take off 2 plates from a side at a time. The bar never moved for me.
just push some weight!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2006, 09:14:47 AM »
When they let this guy Vince G. sign up at the gym i used to go to :-\ Things were never the same after the bee pollen and magic stick came into the gym ::)
I

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2006, 09:24:38 AM »
Did you break the smith machine?

Actually, the machine was fine.  The plates (rubber coated) hit first - so the machine never hit metal to metal.  Though I'm sure the people on the floor below the machine are still having flashbacks of the ceiling nearly coming doen on them.
Motherboy (the band).

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
my worst gym accident was when i was leg pressing,i went a bit heavy..so during the last rep i wasn't able to complete the rep so i got stuck at bottom..damn the gym trainer started laughing at me while i was in that postion...damn i even asked that asshole to help he kept on laughing....i tought that i was going to tear some muscle or wat..at the end that asshole trainer finally helped me..after a week that son of a bitch got fired...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2006, 11:00:42 AM »
If somebody needs a spot or help, why would you laugh?  If anybody does that to me, once I get my composure I'm gonna kick em in the nuts and then laugh my ass off!

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 11:02:29 AM »
I got caught on a treadmill at super high speed. It threw me clear across the floor into the barbell stands. Luckily nothing too bad happened. Just a bruised ego!
:-)

Steve
"Mystery Is Life"

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 04:00:42 PM »
I can't reach the lat pulldown bar and wrap without standing on the bench.  I have a system, and when I 'repel' it actually looks halfway graceful.  ::)  I forgot to change the pin which had the whole stack loaded and looked like a bug splattered on a windshield hanging up there.
:

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »
 ;D
Z

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »
I can't reach the lat pulldown bar and wrap without standing on the bench.  I have a system, and when I 'repel' it actually looks halfway graceful.  ::)  I forgot to change the pin which had the whole stack loaded and looked like bug splattered on a windshield hanging up there.

ha ha

shorty

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 06:50:54 PM »
I can't reach the lat pulldown bar and wrap without standing on the bench.  I have a system, and when I 'repel' it actually looks halfway graceful.  ::)  I forgot to change the pin which had the whole stack loaded and looked like bug splattered on a windshield hanging up there.

Be careful of hooks.......

A friend of mine witness a girl in his club that was doing pull downs & instead of the carabiner hooks/snap clips, the machine was equipped with the old fashioned "S" style hooks.  She was wearing a sports top & when she released the bar back to the starting position, the hook snagged her top & pulled it up almost over her head.  He told me he didn't know if he should laugh, stare at her boobs, help her, or all of the above.

Needless to say....he helped her out because she was really stuck & embarrassed.  Once he got her unstuck, she went to the ladies room but never returned.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 10:45:33 PM »
Be careful of hooks.......

A friend of mine witness a girl in his club that was doing pull downs & instead of the carabiner hooks/snap clips, the machine was equipped with the old fashioned "S" style hooks.  She was wearing a sports top & when she released the bar back to the starting position, the hook snagged her top & pulled it up almost over her head.  He told me he didn't know if he should laugh, stare at her boobs, help her, or all of the above.

Needless to say....he helped her out because she was really stuck & embarrassed.  Once he got her unstuck, she went to the ladies room but never returned.

That would be very, very embarrassing. My gym is basically a surrounded by mirrors.  If it's not a wall of mirrors, it's a wall of windows. 
:

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2006, 01:21:09 AM »
Back in my G days(ghb) i did alittle to much in the middle of cardio so that at the end of cardio when i was leaving, i walked to my car got in it---started it up and slowly pulled out of my space.  Now i'm driving thru the parking lot a procede to G out..I smash straight into an M3 Bmw...I was only going about 5-10 miles an hour so it didnt do much damage...I g'd out for only about 15 seconds...I could have f cking killed someone :-\...Thank God i only put a small scratch in this guys bumper...I wrote a note and put it on the guys windshield but to this day i believe that the note was just a bunch of scribbles  because i was basically out of my mind...Although i didn't know it at the time...

A few days later i didn't think much of it and almost forgot about it until i was again driving out of the gym and this time saw the guy get into his M3....I've seen this guy in the gym many times and he is an absolute douche bag...He actually tried throwing a line at my wife(ex now) one day when i wasn't there...

When i saw who it was getting into his car, a big smile went over my face but also i was alittle nervous for i really didn't know if my writing was legiable that night...I'm guessing it wasn't for i didn't hear a thing about it...

That was only one of many gym accident/incidents...

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2006, 09:36:57 AM »
I was training with some monsters.  3rd. place NABBA USA'S, A national record holding power lifter and made the mistake of trying to use the ###'s they were using.  I messed my back up trying to pull 800 off the floor and it took a month before I could do any lower body movements. 

I don't know if this counts, but a dude dropped dead one day while on the treadmill @ worlds.  Just went limp with a massive heart attack and died before he hit the floor.  I was a couple of machines away, but tried CPR, but He was already gone.  It doesn't get worst than that.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2006, 05:54:26 PM »
When I did squats yesterday, all I could think about is this thread and what not to do...
Motherboy (the band).

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2006, 07:10:30 PM »
I saw one guy do one legged calf raises on the leg press and his foot slipped off and it came down on his other chin. there was 5 plates a side on it. He screamed and his chin had a big indent/hole in it the size of a baseball.         Another guy was doing hack squats and his feet slipped out from under him and he crashed down on his ass breaking his tailbone. both of these were the result in training with wet shoes.
bodybuildersreality.com

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »
I saw one guy do one legged calf raises on the leg press and his foot slipped off and it came down on his other chin. there was 5 plates a side on it. He screamed and his chin had a big indent/hole in it the size of a baseball.         Another guy was doing hack squats and his feet slipped out from under him and he crashed down on his ass breaking his tailbone. both of these were the result in training with wet shoes.

They gotta stop this poolside training.  The aqua socks just aren't made for it.
Motherboy (the band).