Author Topic: CHICK ON "MIND OF MENCIA"  (Read 24645 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: CHICK ON "MIND OF MENCIA"
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 11:06:23 AM »
Roland Kickinger is on The Closer this Monday.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »
how about a beefed up version of myself? ;D

Chances are, I'll be a slimmed down version...
Chick how come Hollywood wants all the big guys to slime down ?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »
Stay big Bob  :-\ . Don't change cause of them, have them change cause of you. The biggest guys that get acceptance these days in movies don't get no bigger than Matthew McConaughey and YES I am embarassed that I looked up the spelling of that name.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 11:18:44 AM »
how come Hollywood wants all the big guys to slime down ?

Because when you put them next to normal-sized people they look like refrigerators.

Seriously, about the only places these guys don't look like freaks (not in a good way) is either onstage at a bodybuilding show or standing by themselves.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 11:19:59 AM »
vin diesel is probably the max hollywood are willing to accept these days
Z

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2006, 11:25:36 AM »
Guys the reason Hollywood wants you trimmed down is easy.  #1 it is more appealing to a wider base of people.  #2 is that shows are supposed to be as realistic as possible.  Shows about regular people.  BB's are not regular people.  You don't see them working as clerks, firemen, policemen (well some), lawyers, doctors, murderers (well again, some), and just everyday people.  SO having a BB play a role like this is just unbelievable.  You have to remember BB's are not something most people like or want to be.  So you don't stick them in a major role or something other than what they are.  You have to lose weight to look more mainstream.  If you don't you will continue to play bit parts and make the minimum (which ain't bad).  Unless their is a part specifically written for you then you more than likely will just stay a day player.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2006, 11:26:31 AM »
oh yea... where's he been these days?
They probably consider him HUGE and he's probably 210. I remember when I was a kid I thought Stallone must have been 250 pounds. LOL. He's got crazy mature looking muscle... it looks different from everyone else in the movies... exept Arnold of course.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2006, 11:29:35 AM »
Yea all you guys are right... a bodybuilder has to play a bodybuilder or a monster or something like that but it would be really good to see a dramatic serious movie about a bodybuilder. It could even just be about a guy who's into bodybuilding for years, juices, gets real big, but that's just who he is and the movie is about something totally unrelated.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »
Yea all you guys are right... a bodybuilder has to play a bodybuilder or a monster or something like that but it would be really good to see a dramatic serious movie about a bodybuilder. It could even just be about a guy who's into bodybuilding for years, juices, gets real big, but that's just who he is and the movie is about something totally unrelated.

Spielberg will be all over that one.  ::)

schwarzenpecker

• Getbig II
  • You may have seen me at your local video store
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2006, 11:36:06 AM »
Guys the reason Hollywood wants you trimmed down is easy.  #1 it is more appealing to a wider base of people.  #2 is that shows are supposed to be as realistic as possible.  Shows about regular people.  BB's are not regular people.  You don't see them working as clerks, firemen, policemen (well some), lawyers, doctors, murderers (well again, some), and just everyday people.  SO having a BB play a role like this is just unbelievable.  You have to remember BB's are not something most people like or want to be.  So you don't stick them in a major role or something other than what they are.  You have to lose weight to look more mainstream.  If you don't you will continue to play bit parts and make the minimum (which ain't bad).  Unless their is a part specifically written for you then you more than likely will just stay a day player.

Looking like a bodybuilder only helped Arnold get major roles, it wasn't because of his extraordinary acting ability.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2006, 11:37:29 AM »
Yea like you wouldn't watch it...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2006, 11:37:40 AM »
Yea all you guys are right... a bodybuilder has to play a bodybuilder or a monster or something like that but it would be really good to see a dramatic serious movie about a bodybuilder. It could even just be about a guy who's into bodybuilding for years, juices, gets real big, gets an account on getbig and have a meltdown.

Now that's not a bad script!
Z

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2006, 11:45:21 AM »
Guys the reason Hollywood wants you trimmed down is easy.  #1 it is more appealing to a wider base of people.  #2 is that shows are supposed to be as realistic as possible.  Shows about regular people.  BB's are not regular people.  You don't see them working as clerks, firemen, policemen (well some), lawyers, doctors, murderers (well again, some), and just everyday people.  SO having a BB play a role like this is just unbelievable.  You have to remember BB's are not something most people like or want to be.  So you don't stick them in a major role or something other than what they are.  You have to lose weight to look more mainstream. 

Of course, being a bodybuilder is the only thing that makes Chick et. al. unique. If they slim down, then they're just like thousands of other wannabees who work as waiters but tell everyone they're aspiring "actors".  ;D

In many ways it's a catch-22. The only reason Arnold succeeded is because his early roles were written specifically for a bodybuilder-type back in a time when the public was ready for that type of genre. The current crop of IFBB hollywood-wannabees should forget about it, go back to college and learn something marketable so they can start a real career.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »
Would you consult your buddy, Tom Prince, on how to lose as much muscle as possible in the shortest amount of time?

HAhahahahahahaha... that's a classic right there!!!! OMG..loloz

you made me spit out my meso tech Adonis!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »
Of course, being a bodybuilder is the only thing that makes Chick et. al. unique. If they slim down, then they're just like thousands of other wannabees who work as waiters but tell everyone they're aspiring "actors".  ;D

In many ways it's a catch-22. The only reason Arnold succeeded is because his early roles were written specifically for a bodybuilder-type back in a time when the public was ready for that type of genre. The current crop of IFBB hollywood-wannabees should forget about it, go back to college and learn something marketable so they can start a real career.

Nope.  The thing that separates the thousands of wannabes is the actual ability to act.  You have to have something to separate you from the thousands.  When you are reading for a part you are reading against dozens, hundreds and soemtime thousands of others.  you have to make that special impact on the casting director, director, producer to get the part.  And back when Arnold first started he was an enigma and BB was not like it is today and did not have the negative image it has today.  In addition, Arnold has a personality and sense of humor that is appealing to everyone.  That is why he can get away with acting in a comedy.  He is a natural.  Some have it some don't.  Plus, you need a major break into the business.  It can take just one role to put you in stardom

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »
Nope.  The thing that separates the thousands of wannabes is the actual ability to act.  You have to have something to separate you from the thousands.  When you are reading for a part you are reading against dozens, hundreds and soemtime thousands of others.  you have to make that special impact on the casting director, director, producer to get the part.  And back when Arnold first started he was an enigma and BB was not like it is today and did not have the negative image it has today.  In addition, Arnold has a personality and sense of humor that is appealing to everyone.  That is why he can get away with acting in a comedy.  He is a natural.  Some have it some don't.  Plus, you need a major break into the business.  It can take just one role to put you in stardom

nothing against chic... but if you can picture Arnold, 1975, MCing BBing shows... he'd be telling jokes, flirting, keeping the crowd completely engaged.  Bob can read his lines and has a good speaking voice and steady mic hand, but just not the spark you'd see with a personality like Arnold.

Freakzilla_2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2006, 02:02:17 PM »
nothing against chic... but if you can picture Arnold, 1975, MCing BBing shows... he'd be telling jokes, flirting, keeping the crowd completely engaged.  Bob can read his lines and has a good speaking voice and steady mic hand, but just not the spark you'd see with a personality like Arnold.

But who really does?  Thats not really a fair assessment.

Freak :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »
But who really does?  Thats not really a fair assessment.

Freak :-\

There really aren't any great BBing MCs.  Teper sets the standard.  most of the other guys sound constipated.  Nothing against anyone in particular - there just isn't a special voice out there. 

IMO, if you had a personality up there, shows wouldn't drag and it'd be more fun to watch.  i don't care if you get a Chris Rock or a jeff mcFarland (anyone who's spoken to him on the phone knows he has a funny voice and very memorable personality).   

I'm sure there's some schmoe or industry guy that can converse with a crowd and not resort to "How many Bbers does it takes to change a lightbulb?" jokes.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2006, 03:38:33 PM »
Would you consult your buddy, Tom Prince, on how to lose as much muscle as possible in the shortest amount of time?

Nah...I figure YOU would be the man to go to...you seem to have the right formula on looking small and un-impressive.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »
My suggestion for an MC? sarcasm.

Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2006, 03:59:33 PM »
Nah...I figure YOU would be the man to go to...you seem to have the right formula on looking small and un-impressive.

I have to wonder who would have a more impressive natural build - TA or Chic?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2006, 04:07:19 PM »
Gee, 240, you sure you not gonna be a judge? With your knowledge of bodybuilding  ::)
Z

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »

TP would advise him to take a shitload of diuretics Advil and "almost die for us bittches"!  :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2006, 04:17:44 PM »
I have to wonder who would have a more impressive natural build - TA or Chic?

I had a better build at 15 then Adonis does now...not even a challenge.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »
I had a better build at 15 then Adonis does now...not even a challenge.

Im sure you did.   ::)

How big do you think you would be if you decided to go natural right now?  Just curious if you think you would remain over 200 lbs.