Author Topic: SO Whats your Supplement arsenal you getbig natties?  (Read 7743 times)

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Re: SO Whats your Supplement arsenal you getbig natties?
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 11:33:06 PM »
Im noticing people take a multi   AND  vit c and e...........did i miss something here?  Is that cause they arent having any fruit or carrots or broccoli...actually lots of diff veges (which all have vit c)   .....and doesnt the multi have vit c anyways?

Just curious on the whole extra's added in....

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 07:06:29 AM »
studies have shown that olympic atheletes recover 2x faster when taking 1500-200mg of VC on training days.
Aside from that i do it because i just notice i recover drasticly faster. The next best thing I've found is using hot and cold water jets on the muscles beeing worked. I alternate between hot and cold on and of for 5-10min 3-5 times, this works well too. The reason VC works is if u do wildcrafting ie:(eat plants and foods right out in nature) a lot of the food sorcses are more bitter and take getting use to at times, because of the high VC content. I think the amouts recomended by athoriteys are based purely on not getting scervie, but not necessary the amount u truly need. You'll also find that when ur sick or have other injuries your healing rate increases. However if ur not injered sick or training I'd take no more than 1000mg, I personaly get cramps if i take more than 100mg on non training days, if I'm not injured or sick.
P

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 04:41:15 PM »
Hmmm excellent , well thanks for that , any clue on the extra vitamin E?

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 07:09:01 AM »
Vitamin E is used in the repair of the body and brain tissu, it is contained in the EFA's I take already, so I dont bother taking extra. If u eat fish and or fish oil u dont really have to worry about that one. I belive pritty much all of the healthy fats have Vitamin E but I'm not shure on this, so don't quote me on that. When it comes to recovery times I've never felt a diff with extra VE, but u will definitly notice the diff in recovery taking VC.
P