Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 177444 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »
240 don't blow a gasket again dude these things happen... :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 05:03:02 PM »
If Wayne is TRULY for the athletes, as he claims...he'll wish Vince well and move on. It will be mighty tough to enforce a contract to compete in a show for a organization that has yet to see the light of day...what are the damages?

Passing the buck? to who?? Promoters pay for guest posers...the IFBB doesn't pay athletes anything last time I checked.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 05:05:16 PM »
If Wayne is TRULY for the athletes, as he claims...he'll wish Vince well and move on. It will be mighty tough to enforce a contract to compete in a show for a organization that has yet to see the light of day...what are the damages?

Passing the buck? to who?? Promoters pay for guest posers...the IFBB doesn't pay athletes anything last time I checked.

be nice if they did though...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 05:07:56 PM »
Yet to see the light of day?  PDI is a business that is currently operating.  They've spent thousands on advertising using Vince's likeness.  

If I sign a contract with Jessica Simpson to do a concert, and I advertise and sell tickets, then she changes her mind, guess what - she owes me damages.  I thought that woudl be common sense.  ince broke a contract with a company.

And I say "passing the buck" because everyone and their mother knows that some NPC event just happening to pay Vince Taylor a dumptruck full of $ the same night as the NOC is a *mighty* big coincidence.

I know it's fun to call us fools with conspiracy theories, but it's insulting to our intelligence to insinuate the IFBB didn't know anything (although it was IFBB guys breaking the news today. hmm) ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 05:08:45 PM »
the IFBB doesn't pay athletes anything last time I checked.

monster truth right there!  :o

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »
Get wayne to email you a copy of his contracts and post it them we'll have a debate about how air tight it is.

Sounds like it was more like a letter of intent which means nothing.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2006, 05:14:04 PM »
Yet to see the light of day?  PDI is a business that is currently operating.  They've spent thousands on advertising using Vince's likeness. 

If I sign a contract with Jessica Simpson to do a concert, and I advertise and sell tickets, then she changes her mind, guess what - she owes me damages.  I thought that woudl be common sense.  ince broke a contract with a company.

And I say "passing the buck" because everyone and their mother knows that some rag-tag NPC event just happening to pay Vince Taylor a dumptruck full of $ the same night as teh NOC is a *mighty* big coincidence.

I know it's fun to call us fools with conspiracy theories, but it's insulting to our intelligence to insinuate the IFBB didn't know anything (although it was IFBB guys breaking the news today. hmm) ...

If Vince really thought there were mountains of money to be made in the PDI...he would've simply declined any guest posing offers he's received, and stuck with what he believed in.

Ever consider there were promises made to Vince by Wayne that haven't yet been forfilled? maybe Vince should sue Wayne for damages...!

Theres always two sides to a story...I do find it amusing that the "fools" automatically start bad-mouthing the IFBB and not Vince. It is clearly a decision made by Vince...no one has forced his hand...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2006, 05:16:42 PM »
If Vince really thought there were montains of money to be made in the PDI...he would've simply declined any guest posing offers he's received, and stuck with what he believed in.

Ever consider there were promises made to Vince by Wayne that haven't yet been forfilled? maybe Vince should sue Wayne for damages...!

Theres always two sides to a story...I do find it amusing that the "fools" automaticaly start bad-mouthing the IFBB and not Vince. It is clearly a decision made by Vince...no one has forced his hand...
If vince has walked away with an some more sponsorships/contracts due to all this then props to the guy.

There wasn't much heat surrounding him before the PDI so he has played it well IMO.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

Are you just wildly throwing out "what-if's", or do you have a specific example?

Cause I could pretty easily say "Ever consider .... " and pretty much make up anything.  Without substanstiating it with fact, there is no credibility.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2006, 05:19:37 PM »
hehehe  I know exactly what is happening with Vince.  But, I won't tell.  And when it happens, mark this post cause you will see why I won't say anything.  240 screen print this post and see what happens after the NOC.  Oh and by the way this isn't something I made up it comes from the horse's mouth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2006, 05:22:18 PM »
hehehe  I know exactly what is happening with Vince.  But, I won't tell.  And when it happens, mark this post cause you will see why I won't say anything.  240 screen print this post and see what happens after the NOC.  Oh and by the way this isn't something I made up it comes from the horse's mouth.

Oooh i like the sound of this.  You gonna make us wait 2 months to hear it? :)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »
Vince might be saying plenty of things to plenty of people to keep everyone guessing and to raise his market value even higher.

whatever brings him the most $ is where he will go as he should. the guy has kids to feed...

promises made in july mean nothing in september even if some cash has been thrown his way under the table.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2006, 05:31:02 PM »
Request for chick...

if Vince DOES do the Olympia, comes in as sharp as the aussie pro (with perhaps a little more quad size) and still gets the shaft by the judges can you PLEASE PLEASE tell the powers they are FVCKING BLIND!!!

VT is what bodybuilders should look like not beer geg badell and co...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »
promises made in july mean nothing in september even if some cash has been thrown his way under the table.

I think this is where I'm seeing it differently.

If you sign a contract with a company and do not honor it, they can sue you for damages.  If the PDI, a private company, made a contract with Vince and he breaks it, they have legal cause to sue him.  Just like if Britney Spears cancelled a show and you lost your shirt on tickets and the auditorium as the promoter.

I guess time will tell what the full story is.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »
I think this is where I'm seeing it differently.

If you sign a contract with a company and do not honor it, they can sue you for damages.  If the PDI, a private company, made a contract with Vince and he breaks it, they have legal cause to sue him.  Just like if Britney Spears cancelled a show and you lost your shirt on tickets and the auditorium as the promoter.

I guess time will tell what the full story is.
Spend some more time in business for yourself and see how hard it is to not get screwed over by people and get your own back no matter what is written in a "contract" brother!

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »
WHAT EVENT IS THE SAME NIGHT AS THE NOC THAT HE IS POSING AT?
Motherboy (the band).

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2006, 05:40:17 PM »
Request for chick...

if Vince DOES do the Olympia, comes in as sharp as the aussie pro (with perhaps a little more quad size) and still gets the shaft by the judges can you PLEASE PLEASE tell the powers they are FVCKING BLIND!!!

VT is what bodybuilders should look like not beer geg badell and co...

Vince will have his hands full at the Olympia...there is plenty of talent.

Lets wish him the best and see what happens.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2006, 05:41:10 PM »
WHAT EVENT IS THE SAME NIGHT AS THE NOC THAT HE IS POSING AT?

I believe the North American Championships...

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2006, 05:43:48 PM »
The IFBB doesn't pay athletes to guest pose...promoters do.

Vince has the ability to compete in the Olympia, just like everyone else that has qualified...nothing more, nothing less....

It was VINCE'S decision to take a pass on the PDI...we'll have more info on tomorrows "Pro BB Weekly" broadcast, of course.

I wonder if Wayne will attempt to fine Vince, or if he's REALLY all for the athletes...? Could be like old times...

Lets see how many other conspiracy theories you fools can can up with before tomorrow....lolol.

Come on, the last part of your statement is really dumb.  

If Taylor signed a contract, and he was most assuredly one of the biggest draws for the show, then Wayne would have every right to do something because he is getting screwed-over.  I am sure he has a lot invested in the PDI and if someone who is contractually obligated to compete pulls-out that could have major consequences for his investment.

w

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »
I believe the North American Championships...

Every other pro except Vince and Lee are free that night.  Makes me think something is up...
Motherboy (the band).

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2006, 05:46:30 PM »
If Vince really thought there were mountains of money to be made in the PDI...he would've simply declined any guest posing offers he's received, and stuck with what he believed in.

Theres always two sides to a story...I do find it amusing that the "fools" automatically start bad-mouthing the IFBB and not Vince. It is clearly a decision made by Vince...no one has forced his hand...

Good point about promises to Vince but the way to deal with that is through legal channels not by pulling out once you have contractually obligated yourself. 

Of couse, this all assumes there was a contract.  There may not have been.
w

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »
Vince will have his hands full at the Olympia...there is plenty of talent.

Lets wish him the best and see what happens.
I'm not saying the guy will win the thing but his "shape" is what they should start rewarding over pure size even if it costs them a few hardcore fans for a year or two...

Even my dear old mom thinks VT has a great body and she hates the sport...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2006, 05:49:48 PM »
Every other pro except Vince and Lee are free that night.  Makes me think something is up...

Excellent point.

You have every other pro free, 2 weeks out from the Mr O, and the N American promoters have to choose Vince, who hasn't competed since the Aussie? LMAO...

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2006, 05:51:41 PM »
Buzz yesterday at the NY Pro figure is that Vince Taylor has told Wayne DeMilia that he will not be competing in the Night of Champions and will instead compete at the Olympia. The IFBB offered Vince a huge sum of money to guest pose on the same night as the NOC for the IFBB North Americas, and a contract with a supplement company before the Olympia.

However, Wayne DeMilia has a contract signed by Vince Taylor to compete in the NOC, and has spent thousands promoting him as such. With Vince now choosing to stay with the IFBB, does that mean that Wayne can sue Vince Taylor for any loss and expenses that he has incurred.

Official statements coming soon...

Hey they never offered me guest posings or contracts - mine is up soon.  Gee - i never feel the love :)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »
Excellent point.

You have every other pro free, 2 weeks out from the Mr O, and the N American promoters have to choose Vince, who hasn't competed since the Aussie? LMAO...
Of course they were steered towards the guy but big deal. Whatever benefits vince and nobody else is what i'm for... fvck the federations