Author Topic: Bodybuilders and sex appeal.  (Read 18178 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilders and sex appeal.
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 12:22:34 PM »

Yea see me and HUGEPECS finally agree on something...

You know about this right, player? I know the sistas all up in the hood are with their broke ass non working weed slingin loser piece of siht trolls who smack them around and it aint no different in my neighborhood...trust/believe that!

?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »
Though I agree with you the 'do it for yourself and f**k everyone else' attitude, it's sometimes not practical walking around carrying 260lbs. of lean muscle, I've been up to that size, my lower back was hurting, had no energy, felt lethargic all the time, even now at 249 I still feel a bit sluggish. And I'm not even that big or built compared to pro's, you get my drift? And you're right it's pretty much effortless to maintain a lean 200-220lb. physique in comparison to 250, 260, etc.

I agree with you. but I wanna experience that 250 to 260 lbs lean physique, and I'm sure my bitch will probably leave my ass for that. Either way, I just dont want guys to think that their primary reason to workout is to get bitches to worship them. I'm fcuking crazy about bodybuilding and I wont let any worthless bitches telling me what I should look like. Again, FCUK 'EM
Get Big, or Die Trying

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »
I attract a lot of strippers(shizz I mean dancers ;)) it probably has a lot to do with where I live but there are not a lot of bodybuilders around here and the 'exotic look' type tend to stick together...I am like 260 right now, compete around 215(pics posted)

...my point is that the more far off from 'society norms' I get the more I seem to attract that 'type'

i.e.----the dancers with tatoo'd eye make-up, huge tee o' bitties, money, bit older than me, do feature shows,etc.

my girl now loves BB'ing but she liked WWF type of look before hand---freaks attract freaks!!!!

I know exactly what you mean bro, rippers LOVE the muscle, and apreciate probably more then anybody else.
True what you said freaks attract freaks.

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
I attract a lot of strippers(shizz I mean dancers ;)) it probably has a lot to do with where I live but there are not a lot of bodybuilders around here and the 'exotic look' type tend to stick together...I am like 260 right now, compete around 215(pics posted)

...my point is that the more far off from 'society norms' I get the more I seem to attract that 'type'

i.e.----the dancers with tatoo'd eye make-up, huge tee o' bitties, money, bit older than me, do feature shows,etc.

my girl now loves BB'ing but she liked WWF type of look before hand---freaks attract freaks!!!!

i hate to admit this..... but you have a point

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 01:47:03 PM »
I think to a lot of women especially ones not famaliar with gym culture tend to see the guy as either very vain or compensating for something.

holy shit I agree with you on something :o

hot chicks especially the ones that workout like big muscular guys, probably not pro size (atleast today's pros with their huge waist lines) for the most part but bigger than average for sure

the fat ugly ones who know they aren't worthy convince themselves that he's vain or whatever so they sleep better at night ::)

these were the girls always talking shit about the hot popular cheerleader in high school :)

E
E

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »
these were the girls always talking shit about the hot popular cheerleader in high school

Thank God we here at getbig don't indulge in that kind of immature behavior.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 03:26:29 PM »
Thank God we here at getbig don't indulge in that kind of immature behavior.

yes thank god  ;)

good stuff Matt :)

E
E

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2006, 04:47:08 PM »
Yea see me and HUGEPECS finally agree on something...

You know about this right, player? I know the sistas all up in the hood are with their broke ass non working weed slingin loser piece of siht trolls who smack them around and it aint no different in my neighborhood...trust/believe that!

I see this happen all the time with friends and their women. The bitch gets out of some relationship with a guy who cheated on her and beat on her for years, that abusive guy has even allegedly had a midget dick in some cases, then she's with a nice guy and breaks up with him after a few months.
T

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 05:01:46 PM »

I'm telling ya Dorian...it's like that all the time.

Who here has seen the movie...it's an 80's classic. 'Last American Virgin'. In the movie...the girl keeps going for the bastard prick who used/abused her...while the humble nice guy treated her like gold and nursed her back to health after the bastard dumped her cuz she got knocked up and had an abortion...so the nice guy treated her like a queen to find out at the end of th emovie...the girl goes right back to the prick and the nice guy got OWNED!

Life aint no movie I know but thats how it always is. Women will always want the bad boy rebel...forget muscles, wallet size, your car...thats all dust in the wind. Women eat up being treated like a gimp whore btich with a spoon...lap it all right up. Treat them like an equal...treat them w/ respect...treat them like a queen they will hate your guts and lose repect for you by the second. it's a fact. More consistent than gravity.
?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2006, 05:10:12 PM »
It's interesting that all of the "techniques" from "dating expert" (who is uglier than sin) David Deangelo involve treating a woman poorly or breaking down her self esteem until she feels insecure enough that the only way she can redeem it in her mind is to sleep with you.  In his newsletter entitled "Attracting women and keeping them attracted" he provides you with such amazing gems such as (actual quote):

"teasing her about her shoes being ugly."

::)

Shallow, manipulative tactics for losers who can't attract women on their own merits.

Then again, what kind of guys make up the majority of David's readership?  :-\

FYI, the newsletter was never meant for secure and handsome men who actually have something to offer a woman by being himself and showing her respect.  The men who need such techniques have no choice at all.  Being extreme is the only chance they will have (if they even have that).  One of my friends introduced me to David's work but I do look at the majority of it as pretty pathetic.

If a woman is attracted to you - physically - there is very little, if anything, you can do WRONG.  If a woman is not attracted to you, there is very little, if anything, you can do RIGHT.

Feel this.

Picture two scenarious: a hot and super intelligent girl you know comes up to you one day wearing jogging pants and with her hair being a complete mess and says "Wanna go?".  Second, a girl you are not attracted to comes up to you wearing an elegant dress and gives you a present and announces she would like to see more of you, sleep with you, or whatever.

Who do you choose?

Thought so.  ;)

No game required, see?  And don't even pretend that women respond to physical attractiveness any differently than men do or consider it a lower consideration.  That is as mythical as unicorns and leprechauns and George Bush's intelligence.

The only "technique" I employ is being forward.  If a woman is attracted to me and is interested and available for whatever it is I may be interested in she will go for me.  Just as I would go for a girl who I'm interested in if she simply asked.  The end.  There is no "game" required.  Just be forward, have the balls to strike up a conversation, and you may be very surprised how high your success rate is.

If a woman is completely oblivious to me and showing no interest, I don't even bother changing this and I really don't care.  Taking the "path of least resistance" paints my life.

"If something is hard, it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson

In short, all else being equal (key, key, key), I will obviously go for a girl who poses no challenge.

Duh.

And you should too.  Drama and mental chess is stupid.  I'll have none of that thank you.  :)

On the topic of women (or people in general) being attracted to confidence, here is the low down:

Confidence is attractive not mostly for what it IS, but for what it ISN'T.  Being entertaining or socially gregarious can be great and all, but not entirely necessary.  By being personally self confident there are many things you are not: you are NOT insecure, you are NOT jealous, and you are NOT filled with hate and anger.  You don't need to be the man of the hour, but having a quiet confidence and being happy with yourself goes a LONG way.

Trust me.

In short, for any male reading this who struggles with finding dates or what have you, stop thinking about what's wrong with you and start thinking about what's right with you.

I can only speak from experience, but I honestly don't think women want to be treated poorly.  The ones who do have more issues than a three year subscription to Muscle & Fitness.  Don't worry about trying to "fix" them because there are enough asshole guys out there to give them what they want (verbal or physical abuse, being cheated on for years, etc, etc).

Also, women like fit men in string tank tops.  ;D

Just wear one and tell me you don't get at least one compliment a day doing so.  ;)

Matt, you think too much for a bodybuilder. Or anyone for that matter! ;)
The House that Ruth built

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2006, 05:36:50 PM »
I'm telling ya Dorian...it's like that all the time.

Who here has seen the movie...it's an 80's classic. 'Last American Virgin'. In the movie...the girl keeps going for the bastard prick who used/abused her...while the humble nice guy treated her like gold and nursed her back to health after the bastard dumped her cuz she got knocked up and had an abortion...so the nice guy treated her like a queen to find out at the end of th emovie...the girl goes right back to the prick and the nice guy got OWNED!

Life aint no movie I know but thats how it always is. Women will always want the bad boy rebel...forget muscles, wallet size, your car...thats all dust in the wind. Women eat up being treated like a gimp whore btich with a spoon...lap it all right up. Treat them like an equal...treat them w/ respect...treat them like a queen they will hate your guts and lose repect for you by the second. it's a fact. More consistent than gravity.

I have been in a relationship with a woman like blockhead describes, some are very much like this it is true. Those things have happened to me 

I can say for sure not all woman are that way......I think  :-\

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2006, 05:40:19 PM »

You dont THINK...you are WRONG! All of them are like that...

They all have eating disorders, they all have low self esteem and they all have psychological issues and have a primal need to be treated like siht from the men they choose...

?

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »
I have seen it proven time and time again, if you want a woman's attention (attractive woman's) you have to be a bit of an a**hole, not a complete jerk, just enough to let them know that yes I am intrested but only on my own terms.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2006, 06:16:56 PM »
Well it's a good damn thing. hahaha

you're right.  If i got into it for that, i would have ended up like derek anthony

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »
I have seen it proven time and time again, if you want a woman's attention (attractive woman's) you have to be a bit of an a**hole, not a complete jerk, just enough to let them know that yes I am intrested but only on my own terms.

Agree 100% it's that confident cockiness that gets em ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2006, 06:22:20 PM »

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2006, 06:43:44 PM »
I was amazed to read about a story from Bob Paris' book Gorilla Suit when he was in an ice cream shop with a friend and while he was headed for the bathroom he noticed two young girls giggling at him and he ignored it until on his way back he saw those same girls talking to his friend. As he approached the table they walked away, still giggling, and he asked what that was all about. His friend said that they told her that he (Bob) would be a be a real looker if he didn't have all those garosss muscles. I was surprised by this because not only did Bob Paris have the most aesthetic physique in bodybuilding history but he dressed like a successful man, very cool and appropriate. Even with those qualities (along with him not even being anywhere near modern pro mass) he was still viewed as a disgusting freak.
~

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2006, 06:47:18 PM »
I was amazed to read about a story from Bob Paris' book Gorilla Suit when he was in an ice cream shop with a friend and while he was headed for the bathroom he noticed two young girls giggling at him and he ignored it until on his way back he saw those same girls talking to his friend. As he approached the table they walked away, still giggling, and he asked what that was all about. His friend said that they told her that he (Bob) would be a be a real looker if he didn't have all those garosss muscles. I was surprised by this because not only did Bob Paris have the most aesthetic physique in bodybuilding history but he dressed like a successful man, very cool and appropriate. Even with those qualities (along with him not even being anywhere near modern pro mass) he was still viewed as a disgusting freak.

You can't please everybody

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »

Because of this I'm not really a calming presence and if anything come across as anxious or nervous because I always have 30 hours of work to do in a 24 hour period.  I'm always on the go and I've been giving a lot of thought lately to slowing down.  I haven't updated my website in over a month but I've still found tons of things to occupy my time with so I'm just as busy.

Sounds like you could be obsessive and probably couldn't slow down even if you actually wanted too.
The House that Ruth built

castor troy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2006, 07:15:37 PM »
u said ice cream store, sounds like offseason and carrying more pounds than usual.  also ice cream stores are usually for little girls who dont care as much about hard worked body . just go to gorcery and buy ur own icecream.

ironic thing is very fit girls or girls who workout and care about their physiques in most cases know and chat with bodybuilders at the gym.  the not so visually impressive girls are the ones who have misconceptions of bodybuilders and thus repulsed.

also it's those off season or fatty bodybuilder wannabes or powerlifters that the girls are grosssed out by.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »
It's very devastating to a female ego to hear that their boyfriend or husband gets more compliments on his looks than her.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2006, 07:34:31 PM »
It's interesting that all of the "techniques" from "dating expert" (who is uglier than sin) David Deangelo involve treating a woman poorly or breaking down her self esteem until she feels insecure enough that the only way she can redeem it in her mind is to sleep with you.  In his newsletter entitled "Attracting women and keeping them attracted" he provides you with such amazing gems such as (actual quote):

"teasing her about her shoes being ugly."

::)

Shallow, manipulative tactics for losers who can't attract women on their own merits.

Then again, what kind of guys make up the majority of David's readership?  :-\

FYI, the newsletter was never meant for secure and handsome men who actually have something to offer a woman by being himself and showing her respect.  The men who need such techniques have no choice at all.  Being extreme is the only chance they will have (if they even have that).  One of my friends introduced me to David's work but I do look at the majority of it as pretty pathetic.

If a woman is attracted to you - physically - there is very little, if anything, you can do WRONG.  If a woman is not attracted to you, there is very little, if anything, you can do RIGHT.

Feel this.

Picture two scenarious: a hot and super intelligent girl you know comes up to you one day wearing jogging pants and with her hair being a complete mess and says "Wanna go?".  Second, a girl you are not attracted to comes up to you wearing an elegant dress and gives you a present and announces she would like to see more of you, sleep with you, or whatever.

Who do you choose?

Thought so.  ;)

No game required, see?  And don't even pretend that women respond to physical attractiveness any differently than men do or consider it a lower consideration.  That is as mythical as unicorns and leprechauns and George Bush's intelligence.

The only "technique" I employ is being forward.  If a woman is attracted to me and is interested and available for whatever it is I may be interested in she will go for me.  Just as I would go for a girl who I'm interested in if she simply asked.  The end.  There is no "game" required.  Just be forward, have the balls to strike up a conversation, and you may be very surprised how high your success rate is.

If a woman is completely oblivious to me and showing no interest, I don't even bother changing this and I really don't care.  Taking the "path of least resistance" paints my life.

"If something is hard, it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson

In short, all else being equal (key, key, key), I will obviously go for a girl who poses no challenge.

Duh.

And you should too.  Drama and mental chess is stupid.  I'll have none of that thank you.  :)

On the topic of women (or people in general) being attracted to confidence, here is the low down:

Confidence is attractive not mostly for what it IS, but for what it ISN'T.  Being entertaining or socially gregarious can be great and all, but not entirely necessary.  By being personally self confident there are many things you are not: you are NOT insecure, you are NOT jealous, and you are NOT filled with hate and anger.  You don't need to be the man of the hour, but having a quiet confidence and being happy with yourself goes a LONG way.

Trust me.

In short, for any male reading this who struggles with finding dates or what have you, stop thinking about what's wrong with you and start thinking about what's right with you.

I can only speak from experience, but I honestly don't think women want to be treated poorly.  The ones who do have more issues than a three year subscription to Muscle & Fitness.  Don't worry about trying to "fix" them because there are enough asshole guys out there to give them what they want (verbal or physical abuse, being cheated on for years, etc, etc).

Also, women like fit men in string tank tops.  ;D

Just wear one and tell me you don't get at least one compliment a day doing so.  ;)
Nice to see a man who is mature enough to understand how relationships work.
I agree with your analysis that women who want to be treated like dirt have serious issues.
The males who prey on this type of women and think that is how life is have serious issues also.
Sandra

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »
You dont THINK...you are WRONG! All of them are like that...

They all have eating disorders, they all have low self esteem and they all have psychological issues and have a primal need to be treated like siht from the men they choose...

Are you saying that all the women you are related to are like that?  Your mother, sister, cousin, aunt?
You are using a huge brush to paint a negative picture of women worldwide.

Do tell me how you traveled the world extensively and come about this knowledge.
I would love to see your hard facts and data to your statements up.

Sandra

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
Yep, I would say so.  But now that I'm aware of this I'm still going to make an effort to slow down.  I'm going to try really hard and hopefully things work out.

I know!  Tell me about it...that story was a shock to me.

In everything he did from displaying his physique to how he dressed to how he walked to how he talked, Mr. World Bob Paris always has, and always will, look like class:

I agree. He must be my greatest idol. His story is really fascinating. I wish I could carry on his efforts in the sport for myself. The efforts to create and make known the art in bodybuilding rather than a race to build the most muscle.
~

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2006, 08:03:53 PM »
Yeah theblockhead sounds very angry, I would agree lots of issues there. Sounds like he's been burned bad lately.

He thinks he's a little too gangsta for his own good  ::).........he's young and imature it's to be expected.......we will cut him some slack for that.