Author Topic: Pro Cyclists vs. Pro Bodybuilders  (Read 11147 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Pro Cyclists vs. Pro Bodybuilders
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 02:28:07 PM »
One name baby:

STEVE BRISBOIS!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 02:39:29 PM »
One name baby:

STEVE BRISBOIS!

was he really natural or was that a gimmick to sell supplements?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 03:03:20 PM »
vs

The guy on the left make's more in a week than the guy on the right does in 5 years...and the guy on the left will out live the guy on the right by about 30 years........would you trade you're life to look like the guy on the right??

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 03:06:25 PM »
what's the point of living till 100 if you're a frail little wimp the whole time? I'd rather die as somebody memorable and accomplished than live as a pathetic nobody.

Where's the pride, dignity, and glory in being 120 skinny pounds? I see none.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006, 03:28:19 PM »
Why?

hes the most tested athlete ever and never had a positive. that is why.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 03:34:44 PM »
what's the point of living till 100 if you're a frail little wimp the whole time? I'd rather die as somebody memorable and accomplished than live as a pathetic nobody.

Where's the pride, dignity, and glory in being 120 skinny pounds? I see none.

Just as Coleman will not be ripped @ 280 after he retires, Pro cyclist are not rail-thin @ 145 after they retire. They both do what is required to win in their sport. When that is done... they look like normal... well you know what I mean.
a

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 03:43:21 PM »
Just as Coleman will not be ripped @ 280 after he retires, Pro cyclist are not rail-thin @ 145 after they retire. They both do what is required to win in their sport. When that is done... they look like normal... well you know what I mean.

I respect pro cyclists' athleticism, at least pertaining to their chosen sport. Their feats are truly impressive.

I would simply not want to look like one.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 03:47:25 PM »
1.  Cyclists do look frail as hell.  But hey, whatever, right?

2.  Another sport besides sprinters that have more impressive phisiques... male gymnasts.  Incredible upper body strength with it.

3.  As a whole professional cyclists make way more money than most bbers... guess that's why they don't give a f**k.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 03:48:18 PM »
 :)  Agreed BPJ.
a

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
what do you think Carl Lewis took?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2006, 04:04:54 PM »
Bodybuilding is a harder sport than cyclin. How many cyclists can become bodybuilders? None! How many bodybuilders can become cyclists all of them. All they have to do is pick up a bike an ride.. wow very rough!!! ::)
just push some weight!

walking sculpture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2006, 04:06:55 PM »
I know no one cares, but I am really excited about this shit so humor me for a second....

The skinny "American" who won today is Floyd Landis. He pulled off one of the greatest perfomances in cycling in today's stage. Yesterday, he ran out of steam  in the mountains, lost the yellow jersey - went from 1st place to 11th place. Today he won the stage (another severe mountain stage) by over 5 minutes and is now in third place (30 seconds behind the leader). Epic stuff. Tomorrow is a time trial which is a specailty of Landis, so he has a very good chance of winning there. Saturday is the final stage of the tour and I believe Landis will win the tour de France....and then repeat next year. Just like Lance Armstrong....The guy is bionic...he can only beat himself....

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2006, 04:13:02 PM »

Yeah, sink tests, your point was?
rons acunt

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »

::)

If you think he didn't use drugs I have some beach front property in Iowa that you're going to love.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 04:20:53 PM »
I know no one cares, but I am really excited about this shit so humor me for a second....

The skinny "American" who won today is Floyd Landis. He pulled off one of the greatest perfomances in cycling in today's stage. Yesterday, he ran out of steam  in the mountains, lost the yellow jersey - went from 1st place to 11th place. Today he won the stage (another severe mountain stage) by over 5 minutes and is now in third place (30 seconds behind the leader). Epic stuff. Tomorrow is a time trial which is a specailty of Landis, so he has a very good chance of winning there. Saturday is the final stage of the tour and I believe Landis will win the tour de France....and then repeat next year. Just like Lance Armstrong....The guy is bionic...he can only beat himself....

that's the stage I watched - impressive stuff, to be sure

I was particularly amused tho by how his wife dwarfed him  ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 04:23:14 PM »
Bodybuilding is a harder sport than cycling. How many cyclists can become bodybuilders? None! How many bodybuilders can become cyclists all of them. All they have to do is pick up a bike an ride.. wow very rough!!! ::)

Hmmmm. I pick up a bicycle and I'm a bike racer... so I join the gym and gain 5 lbs and I'm a bodybuilder?

To excel at either require extreme dedication (obviously), and to win as a pro in either discipline requires fanaticism beyond belief.

Just as Professional bodybuilders do things that you or I will never do, Pro cyclist do things that you or I will never experience.
a

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 04:31:50 PM »
I read that some sleep in special chambers that restrict air flow to mimick the conditions of a high altitude. Apparently this improves their cardiovascular conditioning

I guess it's no different than Jay waking up every two hours to eat. Gotta feel bad for his wife . . .

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
Bodybuilding is a harder sport than cyclin. How many cyclists can become bodybuilders? None! How many bodybuilders can become cyclists all of them. All they have to do is pick up a bike an ride.. wow very rough!!! ::)
Dude, the question should be is how many bodybuilders became competitive cyclists....answer..1 Kal Szalack (sp)!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 06:18:23 PM »
Dude, the question should be is how many bodybuilders became competitive cyclists....answer..1 Kal Szalack (sp)!

I read the dictionary look bodybuilding. ;)
just push some weight!

dirk digler

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »
Pro cyclists are judged by a clock, pro bbers are judged by old gay men.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2006, 08:58:37 PM »
Pro cyclists are judged by a clock, pro bbers are judged by old gay men.

Total truth!!  That sums it right up....

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »
As fellow leg shavers, you should extend your iron-calloused paw to them in brotherhood.

esp considering they take just as mucha shit  and few of them drop dead every year    sorry but rideing a bike isn;t a sport tome either 

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2006, 01:45:59 AM »
The funny thing is that many pro cyclists have better calves than most pro bbers. Actually that's pretty sad.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 03:10:29 AM »
I was waching the Tour de France today, partly because I enjoy the strategy behind the sport and partly becuase I wanted to see some people crash.

It occured to me that professional cyclists have trmendous cardiovascular condition but no size to them - somethign like the complete opposite of pro bodybuilders.

These athletes must truly love their sport in order to walk around looking like frail 90 year old crack addicts. They don't even look like men, they look like little boys.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to be super fit but completely lacking any size. What's the point of being able to do all that if you can't bend the bar squatting or pick up a car?

I'd rather be a monster who has trouble walking up a flight of stairs than be fit and lacking a physical presence.

wow you exemplify the meaning of the word "meathead"  :-\

marcos chacon

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • a muerte !
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 04:09:42 AM »
CYCLIST TAKE A LOT OF DRUGS, INCLUDINS EPO,GH,STEROIDS,INSULIN ,.......IS NOT HUMAN WHAT THAY DO IN A TOUR DE FRANCE OR GIRO,3 WEEKS 200 KMS EVERY DAY ,IS NOT NORMAL.THEY EAT UP TO 6000 CALORIES A DAY MORE THAN SOME BBDERS, AND I KNOW WHAT I AM SPEAKING ABOUT CAUSE I HAVE AN EX-PRO CYCLIST IN MY GYM. ANY WAY THEY DO WHAT THE HAVE TO DO,JUST LIKE US ,NO PROBLEM.