Author Topic: Tom Platz Thread  (Read 26731 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
Re: Tom Platz Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 02:27:42 AM »
you guys missed the most amazing photo
one of the thickest legs ever..damn his upper legs were monstrous..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 02:32:26 AM »
He had some of the sickest legs in the buisness, even for today.
naaah..i guess paco bautista and ronnie coleman have some thick
 thick legs....the 3 legs of all time go like this

1)RONNIE COLEMAN

2)TOM PLATZ

3)PACO BAUTISTA
there is no one, when i say no one i mean no one in pro bodybuilding have legs as complete as these 3 guys...unbeatable
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 03:27:03 AM »
Video of Platz squatting at a seminar.

&search=tom%20platz

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 03:54:08 AM »
everyone always talks about his intensity, but does anyone have any clips of him working out??

Tom Platz 500lb SQ for 23 reps in exhibition.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 05:19:20 AM »

&search=tom%20platz

I might be wrong but its that Kaz in the background helping him rack the weight?
X

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 05:31:15 AM »
Imagine if Tom was competing in this current generation of bodybuilders. These are still some of the SICKEST LEGS I have ever seen. Tom Platz is THE ORIGINAL QUADZILLA
Get Big, or Die Trying

JayLS1-327

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 06:09:43 AM »
Yep that's Katz and I think I see Dr. Squat too

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 07:10:47 AM »
naaah..i guess paco bautista and ronnie coleman have some thick
 thick legs....the 3 legs of all time go like this

1)RONNIE COLEMAN

2)TOM PLATZ

3)PACO BAUTISTA
there is no one, when i say no one i mean no one in pro bodybuilding have legs as complete as these 3 guys...unbeatable

Colemans legs are huge but lack the separation, striations, combined with size and quality (especially pound for pound) of Platz!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 07:13:41 AM »
Tom Platz use to feed cows protien shakes and Llver tablets till they vomitted, once that happened..he caught the vomit, froze it with some GH and defrosted it only to inject into his bloodstream!!!

F*ckin Hard F*cking Core Bros!!!
L

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 09:02:05 AM »
Tom Platz use to feed cows protien shakes and Llver tablets till they vomitted, once that happened..he caught the vomit, froze it with some GH and defrosted it only to inject into his bloodstream!!!

F*ckin Hard F*cking Core Bros!!!

overboard on your part. 

Don't get so excited next time.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 11:22:18 AM »

&search=tom%20platz

He probably could of banged out 10 more.

That video was funny. Platz reminds me of Rick Flair for some reason.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2006, 11:30:14 AM »
That's exactly how he used to train all the time.  Always to failure like that then have guys carry him to a bench.  Just unreal to watch train back in the early 80's  There is not one BB of today can touch him in intensity like that or strength in the legs.  Coleman can come close but not better.  Plus look at the limited sources of roids they had back then.  His strength came from training hard.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2006, 11:41:09 AM »
That's exactly how he used to train all the time.  Always to failure like that then have guys carry him to a bench.  Just unreal to watch train back in the early 80's  There is not one BB of today can touch him in intensity like that or strength in the legs.  Coleman can come close but not better.  Plus look at the limited sources of roids they had back then.  His strength came from training hard.

true case of genetic superiority. roids or no roids. Tom platz's quads are second to none. So far I'm keeping close watch on Branch Warren's quads development.  But Platz is still leading, whether it's old school or new school
Get Big, or Die Trying

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2006, 11:45:03 AM »
I'm keeping close watch on Branch Warren's quads development. 

That was a bit homoerotic.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2006, 11:57:07 AM »
That was a bit homoerotic.

dont tell me you get a boner by just reading that ???
Get Big, or Die Trying

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »

The rest is all chest.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2006, 01:07:58 PM »

It was weird how you said it though

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2006, 05:21:10 PM »
For any of the guys now with huge leg development, how many could do full splits and comfortably touch their head to their knee in the hurdler split position? Platz could. In fact EVERY workout started with 45 minutes of stretching for every body-part. His flexibility was amazing in and of itself let alone for a guy of his size.

You think it's impressive to see him squat 500 for 23 reps? Bahh. Child’s play for Tom. He was smiling at the end of that clip. That was merely an exhibition. This ones for the crowd. His training sessions were methodical. There was fire in his eyes. A cold stare of relentless determination. How about seeing him take 225 and squat for 10 MINUTES straight. Rest and do a SECOND set of 10 MINUTES straight. Try it!

How about hack squats down all the way then roll forward until his knees touched the platform in front of him then roll back into position and up (EVERY REP) once he completely failed at the bottom then he's press the cage up with his arms and stand up into then slow negative down, for seemingly ENDLESS reps. Then partials when he couldn't do full reps. Then rest-pause. Then and only then would he collapse and end the set. Set after set after set. Non of this one set to failure shit for Tom. The fugging guy was sick. He was possessed. That's how hungry he was.

Tom’s intensity was contagious. Not that anyone could approach it (and live). But he brought everyone in the gym to a higher standard of intensity. How could you “just train” when Tom was across the gym or a few feet away making a “ten cent biatch” out of every piece of equipment? You hear me? Most guys let a piece of equipment biatch them but Tom biatched every bar he touched.   
and keep moving!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 05:24:59 PM »
For any of the guys now with huge leg development, how many could do full splits and comfortably touch their head to their knee in the hurdler split position? Platz could. In fact EVERY workout started with 45 minutes of stretching for every body-part. His flexibility was amazing in and of itself let alone for a guy of his size.

You think it's impressive to see him squat 500 for 23 reps? Bahh. Child’s play for Tom. He was smiling at the end of that clip. That was merely an exhibition. This ones for the crowd. His training sessions were methodical. There was fire in his eyes. A cold stare of relentless determination. How about seeing him take 225 and squat for 10 MINUTES straight. Rest and do a SECOND set of 10 MINUTES straight. Try it!

How about hack squats down all the way then roll forward until his knees touched the platform in front of him then roll back into position and up (EVERY REP) once he completely failed at the bottom then he's press the cage up with his arms and stand up into then slow negative down, for seemingly ENDLESS reps. Then partials when he couldn't do full reps. Then rest-pause. Then and only then would he collapse and end the set. Set after set after set. Non of this one set to failure shit for Tom. The fugging guy was sick. He was possessed. That's how hungry he was.

Tom’s intensity was contagious. Not that anyone could approach it (and live). But he brought everyone in the gym to a higher standard of intensity. How could you “just train” when Tom was across the gym or a few feet away making a “ten cent biatch” out of every piece of equipment? You hear me? Most guys let a piece of equipment biatch them but Tom biatched every bar he touched.   

Platz's intensity and drive are to be commended, but he would never be able to keep up with Coleman's poundages....front to back, Coleman's quads are superior

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2006, 05:25:44 PM »

AWESOME!! I am also very flexible and have big wheels.
just push some weight!

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »
It's nice to be able to hear stories like these about the legends of yesterday.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2006, 07:40:53 PM »
Let's not forget that Branch holds back on his leg training. Sometimes not training legs for months, In order to keep upper and lower body balance. Imagine If he let it all go and said fuck It I'm going to train my legs as hard as i can and let them just be freakish !! He said his legs grow just walking up the stairs. I think he would be among the top of that list if he just went nuts and said to hell with symmetry.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2006, 08:09:49 PM »
Platz's intensity and drive are to be commended, but he would never be able to keep up with Coleman's poundages....front to back, Coleman's quads are superior

Coleman legs do not look better than Platz's or bigger and if so by very very little.  Considering how much more Ronnie weighs than Tom did, it's not that impressive.  Tom was impressive. 

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 08:13:49 PM »
Coleman legs do not look better than Platz's or bigger and if so by very very little.  Considering how much more Ronnie weighs than Tom did, it's not that impressive.  Tom was impressive. 

Ronnie would dwarf Platz on stage....you wouldn't even see him...

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »
Ronnie would dwarf Platz on stage....you wouldn't even see him...

Unless Ronnie were behind Platz' legs...then you wouldn't even see Ronnie!