Author Topic: a couple questions for pros  (Read 1553 times)

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
a couple questions for pros
« on: July 24, 2006, 08:22:56 PM »
first question is....do you guys know right from the bat you're going to lose just by being backstage?

second....do bbers spy on each other to know what bodypart (s) are improving? or to see changes in physiques? I know alot of pros do guest appearances, so photos can be seen on internet, but the bodybuilders who go into recluse mode for pre-contest.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: a couple questions for pros
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:30:24 PM »
hahaha pros spy on getbig all the time! They say that their focus is on themselves 100% buts its bull. Even Ronnie thrives on the haterade and thanks fans for it cause it pushes him harder!

Hey Ronnie you rock oh err SUCK!! :D Kick ass!
just push some weight!

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »
Answer to number one , Yep I always did ;D , cant speak for any one elese tho !!

Answer to number two , Not realy , it is hard to judge sometimes if a guy is ganna come along next year and do damage when he didnt from the previous year as there are to many varibles to make a good assesment , like a guy might go off the gear for a period so when you see him he looks no threst or he might get fat which makes it hard to judge etc etc , most guys know who is a threat when a line up is confirmed , and will have a rough idea who is up and coming , but most pros train with the single mind frame to win , and know full well it is the judges whom have the final say , all pros dream of winning a show but most a realistic in there placings !!!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 08:34:30 PM »
do pros lie about their improvements in order to establish a positive buzz about themselves coming into a contest or do some simply imagine it - ie. kamali

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »
do pros lie about their improvements in order to establish a positive buzz about themselves coming into a contest or do some simply imagine it - ie. kamali

If only the Mr. O could be held in Kamali's kitchen! 

::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 08:46:27 PM »
I think alot of them get confused by there off season weights to there competitive weights , alot tend to boast "hey I am 270 ,280 lb now !!!" but in reality there lean mass staus hasnt improved one bit so when they diet down again they are just the same as they were last time , lee manged to gain 5 lb of muscle from his shows early on in the year to when he dieted down for the olympia (i know he didnt do it so dont go there) last year , and he didnt ballon up like he was used to doing , now that was a good  improvement with out the boasting of off season weight !!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 09:20:24 PM »
1. Yes, in the pro's...

In the amateurs it's a tougher call, as many guys looked great backstage...but didn't have a "stage" physique.

Curtis Leffler comes to mind (RIP)...This guy looked unbeatable back stage, he was granite hard and weighed in at 270 before it was fashionable. On stage, however, he had a narrow build and didn't have the detail necessary to move up the ranks.

2. no

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 07:42:34 AM »
If only the Mr. O could be held in Kamali's kitchen! 

::)

hahah...now thats funny sh*t right there

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 07:52:01 AM »
Listen to commentaries of some of the Mr O........

Shawn says I think in 95, "my goal was to better myself which I did".......etc etc "Dorian is a freak, he looks tremendous"

I can tell you from competing in local shows, I am sometimes in awe of other physiques in my class and chances are some may say the same of me.....