Author Topic: Any CURRENT PROS look like Ironagers?  (Read 11903 times)

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Any CURRENT PROS look like Ironagers?
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2006, 11:08:31 PM »
Sure no drugs when Steve Reeves won his titles.

steve reeves was cool. but who was talking about Steve Reeves? 

and for the record, Dianobol was created in 1956. i'm not accusing Steve Reeves of anything, but i'm just throwing that little tidbit out there.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2006, 11:11:41 PM »
um, i beg to differ. look, i'm not a drug advocate, but steroids have been prevalent in BBing since at least the late 60's. its a fact.

Dude, thats not what I'm saying, I'm saying that drugs are more relied on today than the training, back then it was just the opposite!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2006, 11:15:27 PM »
steroids werent even the main issue. the main issue was the manner with which ironagers conduct themselves on their own board regarding the current BBing scene and other boards such as getbig.

I agree, were a little takin back with the regression of the industry and it's ephasis on gear instead of building and shaping muscle the old fashon way!

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2006, 11:17:03 PM »
Dude, thats not what I'm saying, I'm saying that drugs are more relied on today than the training, back then it was just the opposite!

i agree with that in a lot of ways, but the Ironage technically ends in 1991 with Haney. steroids fall well within their chronological jurisdiction. and i think that the topic can be discussed intelligently.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »
I agree, were a little takin back with the regression of the industry and it's ephasis on gear instead of building and shaping muscle the old fashon way!

yea, i can understand where that mentality comes from. and nostalgia is all well and good, but the industry today is what it is. being overtly negative towards it don't help much.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2006, 11:20:04 PM »
i agree with that in a lot of ways, but the Ironage technically ends in 1991 with Haney. steroids fall well within their chronological jurisdiction. and i think that the topic can be discussed intelligently.

I agree!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2006, 11:21:26 PM »

and for the record, Dianobol was created in 1956. i'm not accusing Steve Reeves of anything, but i'm just throwing that little tidbit out there.

And just like I said, Steve Reeves won every title of his before steroids were even around.

Mr Pacific Coast - AAU, Tall, 1st
Mr Pacific Coast - AAU, Overall Winner

Mr America - AAU, Winner
Mr Pacific Coast - AAU, Winner
Mr Western America - AAU, Winner

Mr USA, 2nd
Mr Universe - NABBA, Tall, 1st
Mr Universe - NABBA, 2nd
Mr World, Winner

Mr USA, 3rd

Mr Universe - NABBA, Overall Winner

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2006, 11:31:29 PM »
And just like I said, Steve Reeves won every title of his before steroids were even around.

Mr Pacific Coast - AAU, Tall, 1st
Mr Pacific Coast - AAU, Overall Winner

Mr America - AAU, Winner
Mr Pacific Coast - AAU, Winner
Mr Western America - AAU, Winner

Mr USA, 2nd
Mr Universe - NABBA, 2nd
Mr World, Winner

Mr USA, 3rd

Mr Universe - NABBA, Overall Winner

congratulations, you know how to work musclememory.com. but reeves didn't become a household name until 1958 when he starred in his first Hercules movie. he starred in muscle movies well into the 1960s. but hey, i got no hate for steve reeves.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2006, 11:33:31 PM »
I agree!

nice. that was a pretty good exchange there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2006, 11:36:01 PM »
congratulations, you know how to work musclememory.com. but reeves didn't become a household name until 1958 when he starred in his first Hercules movie. he starred in muscle movies well into the 1960s. but hey, i got no hate for steve reeves.

And congratulations, you can see all of his pictures and realized just how impressive he was when he was competing completely drug free.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2006, 12:53:44 AM »
They neither deny drug use or refused to accept it . you simply don't know what you're talking about. Shawn likes to keep the steroid debates at bay because they always end up with members fighting . there are a LOT of Ronnie Coleman fans on that board just not a fan of Ronnie now , Shawn & Peter McGough have gone on record as saying Ronnie 2001 ASC is aomg the very best physiques ever shown on a bodybuilding stage !! there are a lot of members who attend many of the pro shows & the Olympia so its not like everyone over there hates the sport of today .

A lot of people don't like that site because they have a stricter policy in terms of their rules , if you don't like their rules simple don't post , but don't make blanket statements about the entire site becaise it shows your ignorance .

Typical ND doggerel. Takes everything someone says to heart.

The fact that they keep steroid talk at bay you claim if because members end up fighting? Whats the problem, they can't discuss the role of roids without degrading into petulant arguments. I'd like to see them engage in discussions on the steroid board here.

Real mature.

Whats perines and mcgoughs opinion of ronnie asc 2001 got to do with anything? Particularly as you so slyly try to insinuate that the board isnt loaded with bias and hatred for the modern game. I suppose their "opinion" renders the board a welcome place for youngsters who perhaps arent as educated in the history of bbing.

Your'e methods are so transparent.

As for their stricter policy,theres an older thread somewhere containing peoples accounts on the some of the most petty reasons that that board has banned them for.

I suggest you read it.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2006, 06:43:40 AM »
And congratulations, you can see all of his pictures and realized just how impressive he was when he was competing completely drug free.

um ok. cuz thats what i started participating in this thread for. seriously, get your head out of your ass.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2006, 06:49:49 AM »
um ok. cuz thats what i started participating in this thread for. seriously, get your head out of your ass.

what are you talking about?  You were trying to imply that Steve Reeves may not have been natural.  I just proved you wrong.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2006, 06:59:13 AM »

Reeves retired in 1950.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »
reeves didn't become a household name until 1958 when he starred in his first Hercules movie. he starred in muscle movies well into the 1960s. but hey, i got no hate for steve reeves.

How is that relevant to anything? As T.A. stated Reeves retired from competition before the advent of steroids.
The House that Ruth built

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2006, 07:06:00 AM »
How is that relevant to anything? As T.A. stated Reeves retired from competition before the advent of steroids.

i never said reeves took steroids.  but he was still making money off his physique well into the 60s.  but from what i recall, steeve reeves wasnt relevant to the conversation from the beginning.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2006, 07:06:56 AM »
i never said reeves took steroids.  but he was still making money off his physique well into the 60s.  but from what i recall, steeve reeves wasnt relevant to the conversation from the beginning.

Well it is relevant that you know that he was natural, that way you can educate yourself and anyone who thinks otherwise.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2006, 07:11:35 AM »
Well it is relevant that you know that he was natural, that way you can educate yourself and anyone who thinks otherwise.

actually it wasn't relevant. you just wanted to sound like you were winning something.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2006, 07:12:36 AM »
actually it wasn't relevant. you just wanted to sound like you were winning something.

You are just angry that I proved you wrong.  I destroyed your notions of Steve Reeves.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2006, 02:40:35 PM »
You are just angry that I proved you wrong.  I destroyed your notions of Steve Reeves.

not really, i didn't have notions about steve reeves. you're the one who brought him up unprovoked. i pointed out that he made money off his physique in a time when steroids existed. and the fact that you continue to be his anti-steroid cock boy is pathetic. as if to say, "if i don't take steroids, i too will look like Steve Reeves". well you're not doing him any favors by bringing his name up, because YOU will NEVER look like Steve Reeves. and if a voodoo doctor reanimated his corpse he probably would'nt even like you, he'd just think you're a douchebag too. 

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2006, 05:34:07 PM »
I have a hard time believing that Reg Park didn't pop D-bol with Arnold when they trained together. Reg has comparable size to the Oak.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2006, 05:35:15 PM »
I have a hard time believing that Reg Park didn't pop D-bol with Arnold when they trained together. Reg has comparable size to the Oak.

sure he did. who said he didn't?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »
Typical ND doggerel. Takes everything someone says to heart.

The fact that they keep steroid talk at bay you claim if because members end up fighting? Whats the problem, they can't discuss the role of roids without degrading into petulant arguments. I'd like to see them engage in discussions on the steroid board here.

Real mature.

Whats perines and mcgoughs opinion of ronnie asc 2001 got to do with anything? Particularly as you so slyly try to insinuate that the board isnt loaded with bias and hatred for the modern game. I suppose their "opinion" renders the board a welcome place for youngsters who perhaps arent as educated in the history of bbing.

Your'e methods are so transparent.

As for their stricter policy,theres an older thread somewhere containing peoples accounts on the some of the most petty reasons that that board has banned them for.

I suggest you read it.

I don't take everything that someon says to heart , I mearly comment on what you say and this is your statement

Thank you both.

When the membership of a bbing board outright deny or refuse to accept steroids have a major role to play in the construction of great physiques, i feel that is enough to qualify them as morons.

At least here theres a greater degree of freedom of speech. I mean "negro", come on fer cryin out loud.

You made the claim that on Ironage members " deny or refuse to accept steroids "  and then proceded to label them as ' morons ' for doing so . don't make blanket statements and then backpeddle by saying I take everything to heart . they don't deny or refuse to accept drug use in the Ironage , seeing the site focuses on much of history of the sport and its heros , they have known about steroids from the begining , so if anyone would know its Ironage.

So for you to make baseless claims and label people ' morons ' shows your ignorance and you're exactly what their trying to keep out of that site . ;)

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2006, 07:52:26 PM »
somebody said vander v

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2006, 04:05:32 AM »
I don't take everything that someon says to heart , I mearly comment on what you say and this is your statement

You made the claim that on Ironage members " deny or refuse to accept steroids "  and then proceded to label them as ' morons ' for doing so . don't make blanket statements and then backpeddle by saying I take everything to heart . they don't deny or refuse to accept drug use in the Ironage , seeing the site focuses on much of history of the sport and its heros , they have known about steroids from the begining , so if anyone would know its Ironage.

So for you to make baseless claims and label people ' morons ' shows your ignorance and you're exactly what their trying to keep out of that site . ;)

People they dont want on their site are people who have their own opinion that doesnt match the prevailing sentiment of the board.

Age is irrelevant. You could be 15 and as long as you worshipped the "ironage" (what a fuckin absurd term) you'd be welcome.

People are that site go so far as assert that a bodybuilder, simply by virtue of belonging to the "ironage" automatically qualifies them as superior to todays crop.

This is not true.

If someone were to point that out..................... ... you guessed it, a banning would soon follow.

Also get you facts straight. I labelled them as morons not because of their steroid denial but their blatant hypocrisy regarding calves and slavish devotion to bizarre criteria such as a rather flimsy use of the word "aesthetic".

Learn to read. ;)