Author Topic: Oliver's training thread  (Read 8709 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Oliver's training thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 05:48:16 PM »
I hear upright rows, especially if they're done beyond nipple level, are a real hazard to your rotator cuff's. IMO some pressing and lighter lateral movements are the safer way to go, without compromising size or strength.
follow the arrows

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 09:17:49 PM »
.......no offense, but if you ever said anything negative about me.....         haha...just...come on, bro.

if not..     hit the weights hard and often.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 12:11:16 AM »
I hear upright rows, especially if they're done beyond nipple level, are a real hazard to your rotator cuff's. IMO some pressing and lighter lateral movements are the safer way to go, without compromising size or strength.

Thanks for your input. I do appreciate anyone that takes the time to give advice. I do notice some pain when doing upright rows. I always perform the exercise slightly hunched over though. I have to experiment with different positions when performing this exercise before it becomes confortable. I am going to incorporate pressing and lateral movements next time around. I feel rows are necessary though. I don't feel sore the next day otherwise. Perhaps that's what happened to Dorian? lol. I think I should be ok as long as I keep the weight reasonable. No, I won't post poundages lol.
"Shut the F up and train"

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 03:55:16 AM »
I can't see how upright rows would be necessary.
Z

Psychophysio

• Getbig III
  • Worthless
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 04:13:58 PM »
Upright rows put your shoulders in a great position to develop a biceps tendon impingement problem, especially if your scapular muscles are weak (eg rhomboids). I would be cautious with them or do another exercise.
The jungle of the senses.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 07:54:30 AM »
has he even posted since releasing his pic? I can't believe they let a guy who looks like total shit run the contest and be a mod. He's a douche.

Wow low self esteem dude or what ??? I dont think UR in the position to be shooting ppl dwn here lol! dont make me embarass u!

BTW Oliver Gj on getting started and as u learn more u will grow more!
BB like anything else is a skill set so if u kepp an open mind and look for the truth
It will find U.
P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2006, 07:58:49 AM »
I can't see how upright rows would be necessary.

they are not there are other exercises that work the traps, and are far less dangerus such as shrugs. Upright rows aggrevate my medial delt and start giving me cronic pain, so I dont do them.
P

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2006, 06:12:24 PM »
Thanks Nathan!

I read some of your other post and you seem like a guy that know's his stuff! Good to have you on board.
"Shut the F up and train"

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006, 07:56:15 AM »
Thank you for stepping up to the plate, and having the guts to change the things in ur life u don't like! It's an Honor to help u as much as I can!
P

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 01:55:32 PM »
Wow low self esteem dude or what ??? I dont think UR in the position to be shooting ppl dwn here lol! dont make me embarass u!

BTW Oliver Gj on getting started and as u learn more u will grow more!
BB like anything else is a skill set so if u kepp an open mind and look for the truth
It will find U.

Dude, learn your facts before opening your mouth. Ollie joined the squad and was taking shots at me, calling me gay, etc. I merely had a little fun with him back. I have nothing against the guy, just a little back and forth ball busting. And I don't have low self esteem and if you want to try to embarass me, please do, thats what makes this place fun.
E

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:30 AM »
Melt down LOL Did I hit a nerve?  ::)

U have a habit of shooting ur mouth of in general ;) And saying some one looks like shit isn't ballbusting it's a put down!
U must be a little kid, since you haven't leared how to communicate yet.
And what did u say before he called u gay etc... ? Sounds like u like to put ppl down, and think it's a game, but can't handle ppl saying stuff about you, without crying like a little child lol.

If he thinks it's fun getting put down, I stand corrected but I doubt he does, since u don't either ;)
P

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 11:03:59 AM »
Melt down LOL Did I hit a nerve?  ::)

U have a habit of shooting ur mouth of in general ;) And saying some one looks like shit isn't ballbusting it's a put down!
U must be a little kid, since you haven't leared how to communicate yet.
And what did u say before he called u gay etc... ? Sounds like u like to put ppl down, and think it's a game, but can't handle ppl saying stuff about you, without crying like a little child lol.

If he thinks it's fun getting put down, I stand corrected but I doubt he does, since u don't either ;)

Dude, I don't care if you or anyone else puts me down. Ollie joined the squad and started shit with me long before he posted a pic. I am sure he doesn't give 2 shits what I say about him. Relax, its all for fun. btw, I am not a kid, I am 32.
E

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2006, 03:37:34 AM »

my nipples are quite droopy does this matter if i go above them cause they are proportionally droopier than most men.

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST