Author Topic: Wtf happened to levrone  (Read 43381 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: Wtf happened to levrone
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2006, 12:48:14 PM »
Kev will be the next Vin diesel. Soon. very soon. ha ha ha ha..evil laugh
Get Big, or Die Trying

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »
muscle isn't permanent, natural or not

if you guys catch pnemonia (sp?) do you really expect to be as big and strong as you were?

if you go the show "survivor" do you expect to maintain all your size?

I challenge you guys who claim it's all drugs to stop training and the high protein diet for 6 months.

Prove me wrong

E
E

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2006, 01:10:40 PM »
muscle isn't permanent, natural or not

if you guys catch pnemonia (sp?) do you really expect to be as big and strong as you were?

if you go the show "survivor" do you expect to maintain all your size?

I challenge you guys who claim it's all drugs to stop training and the high protein diet for 6 months.

Prove me wrong

E

hahhah Kevin didn`t go on Survivor and he didn`t have Pneumonia.

Football players get injured all the time for weeks and months on end yet they don`t lose any size.

Strange isn`t it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »
Maybe Kev is still trying to make up his mind up what physique Hollywood may be looking for... he might not look to be the next Vin, maybe he looks to be the next Wesley Snipes.

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2006, 01:35:45 PM »
Check out this picture from a movie set, all dressed in black up to the neck, it's obvious he's desperately looking to slim down because he appears too big on camera, otherwise he wouldn't dress like that

Z

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2006, 01:43:27 PM »
There would have been guys in your high school gym class that would have been more muscular and had never lifted a barbell, for that matter.

Here are my questions:

1) When was Kevin's last contest or posing exhibition?

2) Approximately when did the first of Kevin's "makeover" photos come out?

That is, about how long did it take him to lose about 75 lbs of muscle (i.e. muscle, not bodyweight).

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2006, 01:48:22 PM »
As you can see from the side, he still got some size, no wonder he's all dressed in black

Z

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »
Just face it, Levrone couldn`t even place in a top Natural Organization. 

HAHAHA..TA, if you ever went to a natural bodybuilding contest,  and saw the competitors, you would think they looked "small" in their clothes, then when they get on stage, its a different story. You should know, that even if someone isnt exploding out of his clothes, it doesnt mean when the shirt comes off you wouldnt be blown away.... Same here.. take a look..

If levrone was wearing a T shirt here, you would say "WOW, OWNED BY A AVG JOE" Right? But notice how thats a different story bc hes wearing a sleeveless shirt, and his arms obviously are still huge.

Show some respect TA for one of the greates bodybuilder in the world.  Uhhmmm. I think hes Accomplished more than you, challenging getbig.com to a cyber pose down.  You could at least step on a natural stage man! Why havent you? Is it because your really not "TOTALLY NATURAL" maybe experimented a little, here and there? Maybe thats why you havent competed, because your stuck in limbo now?...Just curious..
You can pass a polygraph you know, when i was in the NGA, fuking competitors when we were leaving the empire state building (thats where the testing was held) were like "Whewww, I did a little of this, and a little of that not too long ago, im glad I passed"...and like you TA, i judged them from how they looked in clothes...didnt report them, contest day comes, these guys were blwoing us all off the stage- muscularity wise, and vascularity wise..

Anyhow..I know most of this is to push Earls buttons..but some of your statements are a little overboard..haha...LEvron ie had one of the most amazing physiques, ever, due to hiw genetic qualities. Trap/arms/delts, the best.. The guy is in Hollywood, becoming a movie star..living a helathy life...God bless him.. .what are you up to? haha...get my point?

crc69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2006, 01:53:31 PM »
Show some respect TA for one of the greates bodybuilder in the world.

Take the same roids dosages and you'll be "one of the greatest bodybuilders in the world."...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2006, 01:56:13 PM »
Take the same roids dosages and you'll be "one of the greatest bodybuilders in the world."...

There's no shortage of people taking high dosages of steroids, still they never will be able to do what Levrone has.
Z

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

That statement, shows how clueless, and more CLUELESS you are about the topic.. No Offence, but how much gear pros take, isnt the reason they are pros...I knew someone at the gym that took as much as a pro, tons of it- he was big, and he looked like DOGSHIT.. Then I know people that take 500mg of test a week, and they look impressive...just from that alone...there are so many factors...you could train harder than Ronnie Coleman, take as much gear, and never with the nationals..just a FYI..oh i left out, then die from your body shutting down... ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2006, 02:00:25 PM »
Heracles, who in Hollywood do you think Kev is trying to model himself after? I think Wesley is 180
Z

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #287 on: July 28, 2006, 02:07:32 PM »
Heracles, who in Hollywood do you think Kev is trying to model himself after? I think Wesley is 180

I dont know bro, but think of this, he would embarass any of the tough guy hollywood actors physique wise- your Vin Deisel, HHH, Snipes...
So, if he has the persona which i think he does- look at how much he captivated fans in Bodybulding, and how he had a winner aura about him, he should do fine...Especially in a tough guy character/role...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »
HAHAHA..TA, if you ever went to a natural bodybuilding contest,  and saw the competitors, you would think they looked "small" in their clothes, then when they get on stage, its a different story. You should know, that even if someone isnt exploding out of his clothes, it doesnt mean when the shirt comes off you wouldnt be blown away.... Same here.. take a look..

If levrone was wearing a T shirt here, you would say "WOW, OWNED BY A AVG JOE" Right? But notice how thats a different story bc hes wearing a sleeveless shirt, and his arms obviously are still huge.

Show some respect TA for one of the greates bodybuilder in the world.  Uhhmmm. I think hes Accomplished more than you, challenging getbig.com to a cyber pose down.  You could at least step on a natural stage man! Why havent you? Is it because your really not "TOTALLY NATURAL" maybe experimented a little, here and there? Maybe thats why you havent competed, because your stuck in limbo now?...Just curious..
You can pass a polygraph you know, when i was in the NGA, fuking competitors when we were leaving the empire state building (thats where the testing was held) were like "Whewww, I did a little of this, and a little of that not too long ago, im glad I passed"...and like you TA, i judged them from how they looked in clothes...didnt report them, contest day comes, these guys were blwoing us all off the stage- muscularity wise, and vascularity wise..

Anyhow..I know most of this is to push Earls buttons..but some of your statements are a little overboard..haha...LEvron ie had one of the most amazing physiques, ever, due to hiw genetic qualities. Trap/arms/delts, the best.. The guy is in Hollywood, becoming a movie star..living a helathy life...God bless him.. .what are you up to? haha...get my point?

Whats funny is that these pictures are all relatively old.

He hasn`t sported that hairdo in a good 2 years or so.

HAHAHAH hes way smaller now.  He was in the process of shrinking there still.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #289 on: July 28, 2006, 03:00:19 PM »
My photos should be recent. Filming 2006.
Z

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »
I don't see Adonis point, he lost me.  :-\

His point, invalid as it may be, is that most pro bodybuilders look the way they do because they are "juiced to the gills".  In his opinion, without gear most pros would look like feeble pencil-necks.  He then goes on to use examples like Kevin to substantiate his point.  He then takes that argument, and uses it as a premise to conclude that if he were to get sauced up, he too would be as big as or bigger than today’s pros.  However, his conclusion is based on a myriad of false premises and his logic is flawed.  

For starters, while roid abuse is rampant in the NPC & IFBB, you’d be surprised at the amount of gear some of the tier one guys are using.  I happen to know for a fact, that there has been at least two top Olympia contenders (during the 90's), who where using so little that I questioned whether or not it was even worth it.  Also, they were on only during pre contest time.  Both of these guys came off for the rest of the year and held on to their size with ease.  So, it's really not just gear.  These were genetic freaks who responded very well to everything (gear, training, nutrition, etc.).

If it's all "gear", how then, do you explain Arvilla, and the hundreds of others like him?  They train hard, eat well and juice up.  Yet, they can hardly place in a local NPC show.  

TA, you look okay for a natty, but I've got news for you.  Unless you have a GENETIC predisposition to responding well to gear, no amount of it will ever transform you into an IFBB level monster.

w

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2006, 03:21:04 PM »
His point, invalid as it may be, is that most pro bodybuilders look the way they do because they are "juiced to the gills".  In his opinion, without gear most pros would look like feeble pencil-necks.  He then goes on to use examples like Kevin to substantiate his point.  He then takes that argument, and uses it as a premise to conclude that if he were to get sauced up, he too would be as big as or bigger than today’s pros.  However, his conclusion is based on a myriad of false premises and his logic is flawed.  

For starters, while roid abuse is rampant in the NPC & IFBB, you’d be surprised at the amount of gear some of the tier one guys are using.  I happen to know for a fact, that there has been at least two top Olympia contenders (during the 90's), who where using so little that I questioned whether or not it was even worth it.  Also, they were on only during pre contest time.  Both of these guys came off for the rest of the year and held on to their size with ease.  So, it's really not just gear.  These were genetic freaks who responded very well to everything (gear, training, nutrition, etc.).

If it's all "gear", how then, do you explain Arvilla, and the hundreds of others like him?  They train hard, eat well and juice up.  Yet, they can hardly place in a local NPC show.  

TA, you look okay for a natty, but I've got news for you.  Unless you have a GENETIC predisposition to responding well to gear, no amount of it will ever transform you into an IFBB level monster.

I know what you are saying, but drugs are obviously way more important than anything given that all Top 10 placing Pros are all taking Drugs.  IF it weren`t so important and vital to their success, they wouldn`t need to take a thing.

Then when they don`t take a thing, a lot of them are nothing.

Proof that it IS all drugs can be seen in the women.  Women IFBB juicers are bigger than a lot of the NPC national guys.  Look how much it affects them.  Also, look at them when they go completely off.  They lose all the muscle and turn into nothing but keep the nasty sides.

Its funny just how much these people rely on drugs.

On a natural level you can clearly tell that Levrone and some of the others would not be shit.  So like I said, their natural genetics suck, but their juice gentics(Response to medication) is great.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2006, 03:33:41 PM »
Here is something that is hard to articulate, but I'll give it a shot.  When you come off gear, specially if you have been on for a long time, there is nothing you can do to continue to grow from that point.  In fact, there is hardly anything you can do to maintain the size you gained.  As a result, psychologically it fucks you up.  It makes you not want to train or eat right.  Why? Becasue no matter how hard you bust your ass, if you're coming off gear, no amount of hard work will help you...you're going down. 

For me personally, I had to hit rock bottom before I even set foot in a gym again...two full years!  I went from 235lbs @ 6-8%bf, to 180 @ 15%.  People who had not seen me since my competitive days thought I was deathly ill ;D  Anyway, today I weigh 210 @ about 10%.  Obviously I'm clean, but I also don't train or eat anything like I did then.  I'm pretty sure that if I did, I could get back up to a very lean 225.

w

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2006, 03:39:48 PM »
Here is something that is hard to articulate, but I'll give it a shot.  When you come off gear, specially if you have been on for a long time, there is nothing you can do to continue to grow from that point.  In fact, there is hardly anything you can do to maintain the size you gained.  As a result, psychologically it fucks you up.  It makes you not want to train or eat right.  Why? Becasue no matter how hard you bust your ass, if you're coming off gear, no amount of hard work will help you...you're going down. 

For me personally, I had to hit rock bottom before I even set foot in a gym again...two full years!  I went from 235lbs @ 6-8%bf, to 180 @ 15%.  People who had not seen me since my competitive days thought I was deathly ill ;D  Anyway, today I weigh 210 @ about 10%.  Obviously I'm clean, but I also don't train or eat anything like I did then.  I'm pretty sure that if I did, I could get back up to a very lean 225.

monster 180lbs :D

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »

100% accurate...it's f'n depressing to know that you pretty much hit your peak :(

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2006, 03:57:52 PM »
As far as Leverone, he's a true genetic freak.  By all accounts, he's actively trying not to carry any extra muscle and wants to get by on acting talent ::).  If his commentary skills are showing anything, he'd be better off trying to keep some size and get work as a character actor.

BTW, he's a douche.  I feel obligated to say that in every Leverone thread I post in...

schwarzenpecker

• Getbig II
  • You may have seen me at your local video store
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2006, 04:00:57 PM »
As far as Leverone, he's a true genetic freak.  By all accounts, he's actively trying not to carry any extra muscle and wants to get by on acting talent ::).  If his commentary skills are showing anything, he'd be better off trying to keep some size and get work as a character actor.

BTW, he's a douche.  I feel obligated to say that in every Leverone thread I post in...

What did he do to you? 

body88

« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »
He doesn't compete anymore, so why on Earth would he need to be carrying close to 300 lbs of muscle on his frame? I don't see why downsizing his physique make him unworthy of being sponsored by a supplement company. Short of winning the Olympia (and he placed 2nd on four occasions), he's accomplished everything there is to accomplish in bodybuilding. No one stays super-massive forever.....NO ONE!

Hopefully, Kevin Levrone will be alive, well, and healthy, for many years to come, instead of croaking in his mid-40s (like far too many bodybuilders as of late).

That was not the point of that post. Did you read the ones I made before that. I started this thread respectfully saying levrone looked really small. I don't "hate" on pros because they are huge. I give credit when it is due. Levrone is supposed to have some of the best genetics ever. i was surprised how small he looked in these shots. Could be the shirt, could be whatever. Fact is tho he does push a supplement young guys buy to try and put size on. You would think he would be bigger is all.

The hollywood excuse is old now. Levrone will never be a serious actor. We all know that from his Olympia stint. Again he is and was a great bodybuilder. All the credit in the world for what he did and how he looked. But the truth is he looks very small in that pic. I never said " I look better" or " he is shit". I just said he looks small.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2006, 04:16:44 PM »

Glad I don`t ever have to go through that.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2006, 04:24:47 PM »
Glad you asked :D.

Nothing to me, per se.  I've met him on 3 different occasions, and he was an asshole.  

Once, a bad day.  Twice, maybe.  3rd strike, you're a douche.

I've gone to NPC and IFBB events for maybe the past 6+ years and met most of the IFBB pros.  Not necessarily at just shows but also when the promoters were taking guest posers out, etc.  At 2 guest posings and sitting behind him at a pro show, I watched this guy blow nearly everybody off and repeatedly insult/talk shit about everybody and everything.  On top of that, he repeatedly ran his mouth about "what a froce of nature" he was.  And he talked about himself in the 3rd person...I hate that shit :-X.

Honestly, give him his due...he was a great bodybuilder.  A former training buddy is from MD and talked about how he could cheat on his diet and train haphazardly ( supposedly, he hardly ever directly trained those freak arms) and still look like he did.  I just think he (based on my observations) was a prick.