Author Topic: Broken Wrist  (Read 2388 times)

Bypass

• Getbig II
Broken Wrist
« on: May 03, 2006, 12:26:49 PM »
I broke my wrist about 12 weeks ago, they did surgery and put a plate in it, they said I should be good to train by now, however I have extreme pain after doing curls and pressing exercises, should I stay off it a while longer, or just wrap it up tight with tape and push through the pain, to be honest, I didn't lose too much strength while I was off, maybe a 15% reduction, so I'm still able to do 250 for reps on bench, maybe go lighter for a while? any suggestions...

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Broken Wrist
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:44:26 AM »
I broke my wrist about 12 weeks ago, they did surgery and put a plate in it, they said I should be good to train by now, however I have extreme pain after doing curls and pressing exercises, should I stay off it a while longer, or just wrap it up tight with tape and push through the pain, to be honest, I didn't lose too much strength while I was off, maybe a 15% reduction, so I'm still able to do 250 for reps on bench, maybe go lighter for a while? any suggestions...
Go lighter and see how that feels. Do this for about two to three weeks. If it's still bothering you get back on here and I could give you a few more suggestions.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 08:40:50 PM »
Go lighter and see how that feels. Do this for about two to three weeks. If it's still bothering you get back on here and I could give you a few more suggestions.

agreed

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:21:49 PM »
i broke mine about a year and a half ago. i had pins put in it and it still hurts to do curls when i go heavy and on bench it hurts. when i first started lifting again i wrapped it up for a couple of weeks. i dont anymore but i am going to start again. my advise is to use wrist wraps for a while and see if it helps.