Author Topic: 1972 NEVER BEFORE SEEN MR. OLYMPIA COMPARISON PICS!!!  (Read 16587 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: 1972 NEVER BEFORE SEEN MR. OLYMPIA COMPARISON PICS!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
probably the best olympia, 4 mr. olympia on stage on the same stage, probably never happen again
2 mr o's as franco and zane had many years to go to get thiers.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2006, 05:38:41 PM »
  Sergio was the most genetically gifted of all times - even more than Wheeler -, but Arnold utilized his genetics gifts to a greaer extent. Arnold deseved to beat Sergio all the times they competed against each other. Poop is once again wrong - it's already a pattern, really.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2006, 06:03:52 PM »
Lets compare it to what you have to offer , fantasy & delusion lol you're just like your hero delusional Sergio thinks he was screwed at the Olympia in 84/85   he was extremely lucky to be top 10 .

ND obviously falls in love with these guys, Schwarzenegger & Yates. A serious love-fest in which his idols can do no wrong.

What's interesting to me is that every time it's between a white and black guy, guy falls for the white guy..??? ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2006, 06:05:27 PM »
Sergio was the most genetically gifted of all times - even more than Wheeler -, but Arnold utilized his genetics gifts to a greaer extent. Arnold deseved to beat Sergio all the times they competed against each other.

I like the way he offers absolutely no explanation as to why Schwarzenegger should have beaten Oliva every time when it's clear just from this thread alone that Oliva won in '72.  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2006, 06:55:50 PM »
ND obviously falls in love with these guys, Schwarzenegger & Yates. A serious love-fest in which his idols can do no wrong.

What's interesting to me is that every time it's between a white and black guy, guy falls for the white guy..??? ;D

You're very fond of blanket statements . now this is the part where I prove you wrong in grand fashion  ;)

First of all if we entertain your fantasy that I'm blindly following Arnold I would have said outright that Arnold deserved to beat him in 1972 without question , if you've paid any attention to my posts reguarding this subject I've personally said that in some pictures Arnold looks like the clear cut winner and in others Sergio does based on just pictures I couldn't say with any certainty .

Here is where I school you again , if once again entertaining your lunacy for a moment that I'm a blind follower of Arnolds I would say he deserved to win the 1980 Mr Olympia , which I've said before I don't think he did but one thing I know about 1980 is even if Arnold didn't deservedly win Mike Menzter wasn't beating him  ;)

Again Yates isn't my hero either , I've personally said he should have lost in 1997 so again your nonsense is disproven  ;)

What the fuck? lol whats intresting to me is what would Freud say about your overuse of the word ' guy ' in that sentence lol  ;)

And whats also interesting as well is when a black guy beats a white guy thats okay by you but when a white guy beats a black one , its racsim , politics , protocol , discrimination  ::) oh and I loved how you insinuated Lee Priest was a ' racsit ' because he thinks Dorian at his best would beat Ronnie , very intresting trend with you . Freud would be busy with your race & " guy " obsessions lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2006, 07:00:04 PM »
I like the way he offers absolutely no explanation as to why Schwarzenegger should have beaten Oliva every time when it's clear just from this thread alone that Oliva won in '72.  ::)

You bitch about his lack of explanation yet you have offered up none yourself , noted trend hypocrisy . oh I mean a explanation that doesn't involve the ' race card ' or politics .

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2006, 07:35:13 PM »

Two groupies with just a slight bias!

Mr. humility Arnold would never have said that Oliva deserved to win if he didn't think it, nor would he have refused Oliva's challenge at another contest to come out of the crowd to pose alongside him, nor would he have been in such phenomenal shape the following years if not for the fact that he knew he'd lost in '72.

I met Arnold in 1983 in Houston TX promoting a video he had made with rachel Mclish. He was appearing at a video store, and about 50 people showed up. It was advertised in the newspapers-but at the time, Arnold was still not that popular. When it was my turn to talk to him I ask ed him 2 questions:

1) what do you think of dessicated liver ?

2) "Who was better, You or Sergio ?"   Arnold looked me
strait in the eye and said "Sergio".

Did he mean it ?  I don't know for sure.

That is the truth.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2007, 06:50:57 PM »
This thread rocks! Take notes kids. That was the best mr. Olympia lineup ever. 5 Olympians on one stage. 6 unique physiques that all have their own traits.

I wonder if the results would be the same if Serge Nubret would have used pharmaceuticals? Or that other dude who looks like he just jumped out of the audience with his posing trunks on. ;D

just push some weight!

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2007, 07:12:31 PM »
omg... arnold looks jsut like me there. He must be so proud  :)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2007, 08:18:34 PM »
Here are some pics I have of the pose down. It was a close contest, but I think Sergio should of won.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »

Damn, in that last pic Sergio's arms look thicker than his legs!!!  :o
just not good enough

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
sergio looks best

...I think so too.~ 8)
~Sean-DeMarco

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2007, 09:45:05 PM »
I think Arnold wins it quite easily from those pics. He is bigger and harder and i like his structure better.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »
I met Arnold in 1983 in Houston TX promoting a video he had made with rachel Mclish. He was appearing at a video store, and about 50 people showed up. It was advertised in the newspapers-but at the time, Arnold was still not that popular. When it was my turn to talk to him I ask ed him 2 questions:

1) what do you think of dessicated liver ?

2) "Who was better, You or Sergio ?"   Arnold looked me
strait in the eye and said "Sergio".

Did he mean it ?  I don't know for sure.

That is the truth.

I've never met Arnold, but I'm guessing it was a day you won't forget. Talking about old stories. My dad met Ben and Joe Weider not too long after the 1972 Mr. Olympia along with a few more up and coming bodybuilders. They had a guest appearance next to the place where my dad was working. My dad got into a conversation with Ben for about 10 minutes because they were waiting for the event to start. My dad asked him what he thought about the 1972 Mr. Olympia and who he thought should of won? Ben said that he thought Sergio looked better, but it was close contest.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »
Those are some nice shots iceman. I think you picked out the best comparisons in that whole 30 second display!

I would love to have seen any of those guys in their primes. I read somewhere that a 4X shirt was too small for Sergio. 5X was his size!
just push some weight!