Author Topic: Interview with Chad and Melvin at 276 pounds  (Read 8151 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: Interview with Chad and Melvin at 276 pounds
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 10:18:34 PM »
He needed Chad's help to get rid of the mushy tushy that's plagued him his entire career. If he had ripped glutes, he'd win  all shows not named Olympia and Arnold and he'd take top 3 in those.

Special "MelvinMania" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

body88

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 10:21:08 PM »
Can one of you guys post some screen shots? My computer is being a whore and does not let me view youtube all the sudden.

Rottmag

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 11:26:05 PM »
for once, melvin looks pretty big.

For once?!?! Good Lord! Another Getbig-ger who has no friggin clue!

Melvin has looked huge in the off-season for several years now. At least one-half dozen . . . at least. I've seen him do numerous guest posing during the last 5-6 years or so, during the off season, and he looks as big as a house. It's just that he's very smooth as well.

He looks a lot harder in that clip with Chad.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2006, 12:15:32 AM »
I made this last year as a joke, but I guess he's finally catchin' on to what he needs to do to place higher:

T

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2006, 04:38:30 AM »
I made this last year as a joke, but I guess he's finally catchin' on to what he needs to do to place higher:

photoshopped ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2006, 06:42:05 AM »
He needed Chad's help to get rid of the mushy tushy that's plagued him his entire career. If he had ripped glutes, he'd win  all shows not named Olympia and Arnold and he'd take top 3 in those.

Special "MelvinMania" Ed

No he needs Joe McNeal for that. When Flex worked with Joe, he didn't have the soft lower back-glutes-hamstrings. But when he worked with Chad he did.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2006, 06:59:50 AM »
Chad predicted Ronnie weight in 2002 Mr. O and said next year he will be 285lbs.  So I think he can so the same with Melvin.  Just wait and see.  Melvin is dedicated and Chad knows what he’s doing more than anyone else in the sport

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2006, 07:06:44 AM »
Chad predicted Ronnie weight in 2002 Mr. O and said next year he will be 285lbs.  So I think he can so the same with Melvin.  Just wait and see.  Melvin is dedicated and Chad knows what he’s doing more than anyone else in the sport

Melvin needs to come down in size, not go up. Melvin has a similar physique (or genetics) to Flex Wheeler, Brian Buchanan, and Jean Paul Guillame (sp). Look what happened to Flex when he went up in size, it screwed him up, and it was Chad who advocated that. Flex looked better at 215-225 than at anytime in his bber career.

Because Melvin is shorter than Flex he can get away with a little bit more weight, but not much. He already has better lats than Flex. I think an ideal weight for Mel would be 229, not 235-240 as he is trying to come in at. 229 and shredded he would be a force, but the rate he is going he will always be midpack. The man has the tools to do the job.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2006, 07:17:24 AM »
Melvin needs to come down in size, not go up. Melvin has a similar physique (or genetics) to Flex Wheeler, Brian Buchanan, and Jean Paul Guillame (sp). Look what happened to Flex when he went up in size, it screwed him up, and it was Chad who advocated that. Flex looked better at 215-225 than at anytime in his bber career.

Because Melvin is shorter than Flex he can get away with a little bit more weight, but not much. He already has better lats than Flex. I think an ideal weight for Mel would be 229, not 235-240 as he is trying to come in at. 229 and shredded he would be a force, but the rate he is going he will always be midpack. The man has the tools to do the job.

In BFTO Melvin said he was on 75g carbs and what I have seen Chad do for the past years with Ronnie was he use to come in with Low carbs and depleted him through the prep. Until 2003 where he just took everything to the max.  so I assume he is going to do the same thing with Melvin.

Melvin doesn’t look like he uses a lot of drugs so he still has room for improvement

So I think that Melvin will sure make a strong impact the next time we see him 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2006, 07:24:44 AM »
In BFTO Melvin said he was on 75g carbs and what I have seen Chad do for the past years with Ronnie was he use to come in with Low carbs and depleted him through the prep. Until 2003 where he just took everything to the max.  so I assume he is going to do the same thing with Melvin.

Melvin doesn’t look like he uses a lot of drugs so he still has room for improvement

So I think that Melvin will sure make a strong impact the next time we see him 

I think Mel has fallen under "Teh Chad's" spell. Ronnie and Mel have diff genetics, even though Ronnie was more symetrical at one time, Ronnie has always been a big dude. Mel has not, his small bone structure shows it.
Mel has the best shape of any bodybuilder currently competing, and as Dex had said could be the second coming of Flex Wheeler if he stops coming in so heavy. And I think he should play to his strengths. "Barrel" Badell should not have beaten him. The only thing I can really see him imporving on are his chest (thicker), calves and delts. Other than that the man is pretty much complete. I would like to see how he compares to Phil Heath. 

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »
do people realize how stupid they look walking around wearing those bluetooth headsets....if you not on a call take the damn thing off. ::)

Sad part is, King's and Teh Chad's brokeass phones don't even have Bluetooth.
Ron Paul 2012

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »
It's The Chad's goal to fucck up only the BEST physiques!  ;D
Yep, Flex, next up Melvin Anthony...show me you kidneys!!!!

Melvin

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »
I am taking it to the next level period!  My kidneys and my overall health is fine just eating the amount of protein I am taking in stresses them alittle but that is bodybuilding.  I have to continue to improve to move up so that is what Chad and I are doing.  Like the turtle and the rabbit and you know how that turned out.  Thanks for the posetive feed back it helps me focus and strive to give somebody a dirt nap on stage :-X  See yall there.

Marvelous

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »
My kidneys and my overall health is fine just eating the amount of protein I am taking in stresses them alittle but that is bodybuilding.

Does it have to be that way? I sincerely hope you don't follow in the same vain as Prince/Wheeler/Long etc

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 03:15:37 PM »
I am taking it to the next level period!  My kidneys and my overall health is fine just eating the amount of protein I am taking in stresses them alittle but that is bodybuilding.  I have to continue to improve to move up so that is what Chad and I are doing.  Like the turtle and the rabbit and you know how that turned out.  Thanks for the posetive feed back it helps me focus and strive to give somebody a dirt nap on stage :-X  See yall there.

Marvelous

Good to see your hea lth is okay. But as Davidpaul said, does it have to be that way. Hope you read what I have posted above. That is my opinion as a fan. I know you took issue with my opinion before. But I do hope you find the winning combo, But I do think, your best weight is probably 229. You looked your best at the 99 USA's.
Good Luck.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 03:20:50 PM »

Marvelous

your looking insane @ 270lbs!

keep up the great work!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 03:36:20 PM »

Marvelous

LOL @ dirt nap.

You got anything new planned for your posing routine this year?

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2006, 03:56:18 PM »
all bullshit aside Melvin is looking fucking huge.

Quite true..

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2006, 03:59:01 PM »
The funniest is when they say, we're not tryin to play the "size game".  Meanwhile, he's at 278.

Listen to the interview---size game when you're trying to put on 30 lbs. of muscle within one year that doesn't fit your frame..

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »
Melvin looks awesome. Hope he trains harder. ;D
just push some weight!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2006, 06:42:27 AM »
do people realize how stupid they look walking around wearing those bluetooth headsets....if you not on a call take the damn thing off. ::)

Obviously not:

&search=king%20kamali%20
Ron: "I am lazy."

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2006, 07:15:29 AM »
Hahaha did anyone notice the 'Getbig touch' in the comments below ? Spankycapone's saying 'Kegdrainer sucks cock' hahahaha

Melvin

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2006, 06:32:19 PM »
Dont have to play the size game but I need to continue to improve.  I dont have hereditary kidney problems like those other guys and aint gonna create them either.  I have been training since 1983 so training hard is no problem for me.  I have not decided on what I am posing too any suggestions?HAHA.  If it is good I will do you the Honor at the O.   Who is up for the challenge ;D  I am down a little to 261,  We will see what happens.  Take care

Marvelous

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »
Dont have to play the size game but I need to continue to improve.  I dont have hereditary kidney problems like those other guys and aint gonna create them either.  I have been training since 1983 so training hard is no problem for me.  I have not decided on what I am posing too any suggestions?HAHA.  If it is good I will do you the Honor at the O.   Who is up for the challenge ;D  I am down a little to 261,  We will see what happens.  Take care

Marvelous
damn dude you were looking huge in that video, what were you doing different?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2006, 06:40:41 PM »
damn dude you were looking huge in that video, what were you doing different?

Dumbell kickbacks followed by machine curls and finishing the workout with sissy squats.
just push some weight!