Author Topic: Learning Thread - *Judaism*  (Read 7578 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Learning Thread - *Judaism*
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 11:17:06 PM »
haider, is this a joke, a term of endearment or a racist comment?  I'm serious, I really want to know.
haha, its just a joke... The couple of jews that I do know are good people, and the guy I was referring to is no exception to that. He lives in the dorms with me and we have eaten at the same dinner more than a few times, exchanging prejudiced jokes... and all that fun stuff  ;D You might also find it interesting that one of my best highschool buddies is a pretty hardcore protestant (evangelicals). So I really hold no grudge against a certain religious type, but its always fun to make fun of "teh jews", especially cuz some people here might think I'm serious hence making it all the mroe fun.

meltdown.
follow the arrows

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 03:10:29 AM »
A lot of truth is said in jest haider!

Haider = typical jew hating muzzie.

These "jewish" friends he talks about only exist in his mind.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 10:12:55 AM »
haha, its just a joke... The couple of jews that I do know are good people, and the guy I was referring to is no exception to that. He lives in the dorms with me and we have eaten at the same dinner more than a few times, exchanging prejudiced jokes... and all that fun stuff  ;D You might also find it interesting that one of my best highschool buddies is a pretty hardcore protestant (evangelicals). So I really hold no grudge against a certain religious type, but its always fun to make fun of "teh jews", especially cuz some people here might think I'm serious hence making it all the mroe fun.

meltdown.

haider, thanks for your reply :)
R

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »
A lot of truth is said in jest haider!

Haider = typical jew hating muzzie.

These "jewish" friends he talks about only exist in his mind.
Does it hurt too much to hear something that goes in contradiciton to the sterotypes you have cooked up in your troubled mind?  :-*
follow the arrows

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 10:17:45 AM »
Lol, the Christian and the Muslim exchanging barbs on the Judaism learning thread. Only here...  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 10:23:53 AM »
The Old Testament talks about the Messiah, so if they use the Old Testament they must still be waiting for him to show up. 

Yes, that's pretty much it.  But again, the Messiah is really a man, not God personified, so the Reform Jews and some Conservatives believe that the Messiah is really a symbol for the age of peace.  Then there's always the Kaballah, which deals with the mystic (and also feminine) aspect of Judaism, and includes details concerning the afterlife, but this work is considered so advanced that students are encouraged to learn the Talmud/Torah long before attempting to understand it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »
Yes, that's pretty much it.  But again, the Messiah is really a man, not God personified, so the Reform Jews and some Conservatives believe that the Messiah is really a symbol for the age of peace. 
And... go on.... Don't leave out the best part of it.  What happens next ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2006, 02:01:18 PM »
And... go on.... Don't leave out the best part of it.  What happens next ;D

Lol, I soooo know where you are going with this Berserker.  Actually, I already posted it on the last page.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2006, 11:10:44 AM »
Yes, that's pretty much it.  But again, the Messiah is really a man, not God personified, so the Reform Jews and some Conservatives believe that the Messiah is really a symbol for the age of peace.  Then there's always the Kaballah, which deals with the mystic (and also feminine) aspect of Judaism, and includes details concerning the afterlife, but this work is considered so advanced that students are encouraged to learn the Talmud/Torah long before attempting to understand it.

I don't completely understand this.  How can the Messiah be a symbol when the Old Testament passages talk about the coming of a specific person?

How can the Messiah be a symbol for the age of peace?  Are they waiting for some event? 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »
I don't completely understand this.  How can the Messiah be a symbol when the Old Testament passages talk about the coming of a specific person?

How can the Messiah be a symbol for the age of peace?  Are they waiting for some event? 

It's much more involved than this but the extremely short version is thus (as I know it) ... the reform movement started I think around 130 years ago, and the followers rejected many of the admonishments and commandments found in the Old Testament, including keeping kosher, driving on Shabbat, going to the mikva, etc. They ordain women and today accept gays into the community. They teach that religion is something living and breathing, which changes as we do.  They also do (or did) not believe that Isreal is necessarily the "home" of Jews. Since the coming of the Messiah will be heralded by certain signs, one of which being that all Jews will return to Isreal, this is at odds with the Reform doctrine. They believe  it is symbol instead of a Messianic age, wherein peace and prosperity will reign throughout the world.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »
It's much more involved than this but the extremely short version is thus (as I know it) ... the reform movement started I think around 130 years ago, and the followers rejected many of the admonishments and commandments found in the Old Testament, including keeping kosher, driving on Shabbat, going to the mikva, etc. They ordain women and today accept gays into the community. They teach that religion is something living and breathing, which changes as we do.  They also do (or did) not believe that Isreal is necessarily the "home" of Jews. Since the coming of the Messiah will be heralded by certain signs, one of which being that all Jews will return to Isreal, this is at odds with the Reform doctrine. They believe  it is symbol instead of a Messianic age, wherein peace and prosperity will reign throughout the world.

They accept gays and condone their behavior?  Does that mean they reject all of the Biblical comments about homosexuality? 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2006, 11:30:42 AM »
They accept gays and condone their behavior?  Does that mean they reject all of the Biblical comments about homosexuality? 

Yes, I believe so. But then again they reject all the other things I mentioned, which were also direct commandments from God and of great significance to jews, so it's not such a big leap.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006, 06:01:26 AM »
So What's up guys... You Christian AMERICANS are all Kosher with a one world government? And at that time you'll give up Christ and recognize the one true god the Jewish God, one true religion the Jewish religion?  You're all ok with that happening?  I mean because that's the plan.  We're not talking about just one website, I can find this same thing written today or post quotes from books written a century ago.  All these goals are made possible by Christians. They specificly site that none of this would be possible without you.  Maybe you think none of this is real?  If so you're dead wrong, there are a whole lot of people who have devoted their lives to making this a reality.  Why doesn't anybody want to talk about this?  Are you afraid of sounding racist?  Talking about this is just that taboo???  Maybe you all know this very well already and do not wish to comment or just don't give a rats butt one way or the other?  God will handle it and you have faith that it'll work out right?  What???... What makes a Christian want or not care about these things.  I would really like to know.

Replacement Theology
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=92538.0