Author Topic: The Vegan Experiment.  (Read 8748 times)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
Re: The Vegan Experiment.
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 12:08:27 PM »
yes, what I am doing has worked well imo, but you know...the grass is always greener on the other side!  I am just experimenting here, and to be totally honest, I am not liking the vegan thing all that much so far.  All the fiber is really giving me an upset stomach-something I never have as a raw omni.  I am going to try some other things before going off the vegan, but if they don't work, I will go back to what does. 

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 03:04:24 PM »
You know I think your crazy ;D
Oh and he looks even better in person-he is ripped and pretty f-ing big considering he doesn't take any supplements at all and doesn't eat like the rest of us.

Personally the vegan thing sounds better then the omni thing.  I'm glad you are starting to share your very interesting story though-these boards need a little spice.
Jennifer

yangmian

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 07:22:45 PM »
man this guys got the best structure look how small his waist is excellent genetics lucky bastard he should enter the getbig comp hes one of the most impressive naturals iv seen on here

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 07:51:18 PM »
...yes the guy does look impressive

Say! here's a wild idea - cook your meat  :)

What is the point of going through all the trouble to eat it raw?

Monster Mad Cow Disease!   

"Shut the F up and train"

kimura

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »
He can't.  And eating "raw" meat sounds kind of ghoulish. 

Artist's rendition of Swedish Viking...

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 07:07:44 AM »
Beast, thanks for that, that was nice!  You and I will have to have a workout sometime...I will even give in and let you plan the whole thing cause I know you don't want to do a full body.  Yang and Oliver too, thanks for the compliments, it actually means a lot.  No meat cooking for me oliver.  I won't say that I have reached the point of no return, but now it takes quite a long time to get used to eating cooked food again without getting sick, and you know there isn't any bother of eating raw...it's less work, ya know! 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 04:45:36 PM »
Looking good bro.
With two months to go you dont have to change much.
I always say, if it aint broke then dont fix it.

PS I like eating steak extra rare, but leave the maggots on the side please
L

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »
Damn Viking you have an impressive physique and are not scared to experiment with nutrition and training regiment. You'd make for a great training partner. I am a curious as what you do for your full body workouts. Do you train like Steve Reeves each bodypart three times a week?

Keep it up you look sick! in a good way ;D
just push some weight!

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 11:40:36 AM »
Get a tan, shave, and stop living like a caveman.
Good job on the physique.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 12:07:33 PM »
im curious to know what you do if you have people over for dinner?
what are their reactions?
big or bust

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »
I don't, too often, have people over for dinner.  Most people have the obvious reaction upon hearing about my diet.  I had the same reaction when I was introduced to it, so I am more than willing to be patient and explain the best I can.  My living isn't all that complicated, I don't have people over for dinner parties that often and most women are put off by my diet, so it is hard in that respect, but it is worth it for me. 
  In the case of the vegan experiment...I only lasted a week.  I felt awful pretty much the whole time.  I am not against doing it again, though I will have to try a different route the next time.  It has been my position for quite some time now that whole vegetables are not really meant for human consumption...well at least my consumption; and if they are, they are only to be eaten minimally.  This vegan experiment was based on vegetables and now I feel pretty assured that my original position was correct-although, I did alot of food combining with my salads so my results could be skewed.  The next experiment will be a high fruit raw vegan diet.  For right now though, I am back on mostly raw animal products. 

....and as far as shaving my body goes...why would anyone do that if they are not competing-would it be to look more like a girl or to look more like a baby?  I have competed before and do so only for shows; otherwise no razor meets my skin unless totally necessary!

...in reference to my workouts...I do HIT style workouts, Strongman Workouts, and then lighter, higher volume workouts.  I've found that the perfect balance between all training modalities works best-at least for me.  Although, I think that of anyone out there, Arthur Jones has the most effective training philosophy. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 04:17:43 AM »
Hey Viking, i read your website!

Nice stuff you put up there.

I totally agree on your workout suggestion. Cycling diffenrent workout styles works good for me too.
Good luck with the Mr Getbig contest!

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2006, 10:12:07 PM »
I'm a vegan for 8 years now and it's all about balance, you need to eat more tho, I eat 6 full meals a day. it's cleaner food and u digest it quicker so u dont feel over full all the time. The trick is dont just eat veg by them selfs, eat them with a high protien sorcse such as beans tofu, or lets say oatmeal with fruit and peanut butter! also u want to mix high glycimic foods with low glycimic's. If  eat just a high glycimic thing like lettus alone u with feel starving and jittery. add some beans soy meat and a uch of veg etc... and u will feel satisfied and strong. I also eat a lot of potatos and oatmeal mixed with different things, and my gains have never been slowed at all.
U dont have to worry about going over board on protien since when u intake large amouts ur body just absorbs less of it, so u just want an even balance.

I never tried going totaly raw I imagine beans and oatmeal would be hard to eat that way tho. Anyways vegan is possable u just have to be smart about what ur doing just like BB if u just rush in and do what ever it might not be effective.

PS. sorry about spelling im in a hurry lol ;)
P