Author Topic: Vinny Galanti  (Read 9526 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Vinny Galanti
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 12:43:06 AM »
I do find it interesting to all this talk about becoming a pro BB.  Whether a PDI of IFBB pro what does that mean.  A title of being a pro.  As Croatch says it doesn;t mean anything.  No guarantees of anything.  What it actually does it make it so you spend more money than you make.  To be a successful pro you have to do thedrug routines they do or you get left in the dust.  And in most cases you are left in the dust anyway. It's nice saying you are a pro but in reality it is just a title.

Chic maybe you can get a "Bonus" paid to any person turning pro.  SInce so many of you try to compare BB with Baseball, football, basketball or whatever they get signing bonuses when they turn pro.  This would be awesome if you could get this.  Maybe a $5,000 signing bonus.  The IFBB definitely has the money to do that. 

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 12:49:46 AM »
Even though we all know you did your cycle yrs back j/k 
Actually, that's where my gain come from today.  You see, I didn't take just regular Dbol and Test, I took extra long last Dbol.  So, even though it was a 2 month cycle in 94', I'm just now reaping the benefits.  Let me tell you, it rocks!
N

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 01:34:17 AM »
I think turning pro is an aspiration for top bodybuilders i dont think its a financial decision.

We all need something to strive for
T

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 05:07:23 AM »
I do find it interesting to all this talk about becoming a pro BB.  Whether a PDI of IFBB pro what does that mean.  A title of being a pro.  As Croatch says it doesn;t mean anything.  No guarantees of anything.  What it actually does it make it so you spend more money than you make.  To be a successful pro you have to do thedrug routines they do or you get left in the dust.  And in most cases you are left in the dust anyway. It's nice saying you are a pro but in reality it is just a title.

Chic maybe you can get a "Bonus" paid to any person turning pro.  SInce so many of you try to compare BB with Baseball, football, basketball or whatever they get signing bonuses when they turn pro.  This would be awesome if you could get this.  Maybe a $5,000 signing bonus.  The IFBB definitely has the money to do that. 

Good idea. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 06:20:08 AM »
Sometimes the pro card is just the icing,it's then being in demand to guest pose which vinny certainly has done successfully.sell pic's ,videos,and the supplement and photo contract's ,it add's up to enough to supplement the contest prep somewhat,not all pro's have cutler,coleman contracts.same in boxing heavyweights make few million or more a fight,smaller classes 500,000 to a million,it's the belief your one of the best.you can only do with what you have,it's all in what you do with it.vinny has done that.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 06:20:20 AM »
i wanna see you rox it on an IFBB pro-stage real soon bro!
your dream was/is an IFBB pro!
now let's go get it!

Robert_Lopez

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 06:37:12 AM »
Your my boy but I gotta say you are the king of self-hype!! lol

Robbie

studhammer

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 06:44:56 AM »
Vinny I forgot all about you winning your class at the USA...you and anyone else that wins their class their should be a pro anyway.

I definitely agree, all weight class winners should get thier pro cards.  Don't all weight class winners get their cards at the Nationals?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 06:47:44 AM »
Hope all heals well and quickly.

Now get that IFBB card and take the Throne from Bob.

Good Luck either way Vinny!!
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:05 AM »
Vinnny, welcome back to the NPC!
Thought we'd lost you there for a minute but I knew time would bring you back to the fold!
Wishing you the best! ;D
S. Ray

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »
Vinny just hyped himself into a pro card. 

Well played.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 11:43:21 AM »
Vinny, good luck wherever you compete.  You have a very balanced physique that should be rewarded.

I say athletes turn pro in most sports for pride and some for pride and $ both.  As stated, you can get more endorsements, guest posing, higher personal training $, etc being a pro than an amateur...but in BBing, its mostly about pride.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »
vinny just do what feels right man,you know the way you should go cause youve been around awhile,youll be fine man cause you have agood head on your huge shoulders
R

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 04:38:21 PM »
good luck vinny :)

shrugman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »
Vinny is a great guy and is a great representative of the sport. Sometimes we make decisions and we have this slight gut feeling that it might not be a wise decision, and we go ahead any with the decision. What Vinny's friend "Dave Palumbo" said was true. Vinny's arm problem "could have been a blessing in disguise"

Whatever decision Vinny's makes with his bodybuilding career, he has friends that will support his decision.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 05:35:12 PM »
There ain't much air left in the PDI balloon now.

I'm guessing that guy with the muslim name (Sami El-Haddad?) is the next to leave.

In the end, there may only be a bunch of no-gooders and a guest posing by Lee Priest left for the NOC.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 07:53:47 PM »
Vinny;

Hoping the bicep heals fast and wishing you the best in bodybuilding wherever you compete!

Remember keep icing the bicep, it will be fine in 4-5 weeks!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
There ain't much air left in the PDI balloon now.

I'm guessing that guy with the muslim name (Sami El-Haddad?) is the next to leave.

In the end, there may only be a bunch of no-gooders and a guest posing by Lee Priest left for the NOC.

YIP
Zack

Hey the NOC and PDI will be fine.  The only clear sign of its demise will be if Vince gets his pro card or is asked to guest pose.  Then it is a certain death.  But at least quick

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »
Hey the NOC and PDI will be fine.  The only clear sign of its demise will be if Vince gets his pro card or is asked to guest pose.  Then it is a certain death.  But at least quick

Vince is taking his training very serious now. Wait a few months and we will see

walking sculpture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »
EPIC NAME DROPPING!

Everyone saw me and Rhino going at it

I approached Wayne on my own back in January,

I even had lunch with Vince Taylor at the Arnold,

I then talked to Jim Manion and Steve Weinberger

as Dave Palumbo said to me.....a blessing in disguise.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »
Vince is taking his training very serious now. Wait a few months and we will see

A

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »
The last couple of months I had a bad feeling about what I was going to do, I could not put my finger on it, and was unsure of my decision.
After  the PDI  Florida and Vegas Pro qualifiers had been canceled, and then learning the Spain portion of the European contest was canceled, I was getting nervous.

I have been in bodybuilding and traveling around the world since 93, so I called old friends that are involved in bodybuilding overseas and nobody could tell me any info on any PDI show in Hungry, Slovakia or England....now I was really nervous.

Wayne emailed me and Jack about going on PDI radio last week to air out our differences because the fans wanted to hearing from us...or something like that.

Right from the outset it's been clear that the European shows were all smoke and mirrors just as the amateur qualifying shows were.

Did Wayne tell you the date of the radio broadcast?

Maybe 240 could tell us when the first broadcast will be?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2006, 02:13:38 PM »
I think people should judge pdi after their show

they deserve support for taking on the ifbb
T

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »
Right from the outset it's been clear that the European shows were all smoke and mirrors just as the amateur qualifying shows were.

Did Wayne tell you the date of the radio broadcast?

Maybe 240 could tell us when the first broadcast will be?

Kevin, announcing PDIradio broadcast dates is not my department.  You can email Wayne DeMilia if you would like the broadcast schedule.  His email address is  prodivisioninc@yahoo.com

There should be some new info about the English Pro shortly, Kev.  Patience, brother :)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2006, 02:30:50 PM »
Kevin, announcing PDIradio broadcast dates is not my department.  You can email Wayne DeMilia if you would like the broadcast schedule.  His email address is  prodivisioninc@yahoo.com

There should be some new info about the English Pro shortly, Kev.  Patience, brother :)

Thanks.
Anyone interested in the PDI is going to need a lot pf patience. ;D