Author Topic: Audience / No audience  (Read 1280 times)

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Audience / No audience
« on: August 11, 2006, 08:31:23 PM »
once i get up into my heavy work sets, either on squats, deads, incline/decline pressing, etc., my intensity boils if i know someone or a bunch of people are watching and my reps def. increase- i get such a rush and feel like fuckin superman- i would suspect that this is the norm- just curious if anyone thought differently- i guess it's the fight or flight syndrome- any comments?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Audience / No audience
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:36:40 PM »
once i get up into my heavy work sets, either on squats, deads, incline/decline pressing, etc., my intensity boils if i know someone or a bunch of people are watching and my reps def. increase- i get such a rush and feel like fuckin superman- i would suspect that this is the norm- just curious if anyone thought differently- i guess it's the fight or flight syndrome- any comments?

The body is weak but the mind is strong. If you learn to use your mind there are no limits. I had this little dude at the gym do squats. He did 8 reps and was about to give up. Then I came over and some how with my encouragement he managed to complete 20 reps with that same weight. It works both ways. He helped me get more reps on my deads.
just push some weight!

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »
The body is weak but the mind is strong. If you learn to use your mind there are no limits. I had this little dude at the gym do squats. He did 8 reps and was about to give up. Then I came over and some how with my encouragement he managed to complete 20 reps with that same weight. It works both ways. He helped me get more reps on my deads.

Alexxx STOP working out with "little" dudes ;D

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »
i do have to admit that when i first started lifting weights(around 15 yrs old) i was totally the opposite- very emberassing- FYI

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »

haha thanks for the advice "big guy" ;)

I was just giving him a bit of motivation cause the guy weights literally 135pds and he has the right attitude.
just push some weight!

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 10:29:21 PM »

Everyone is little working next to Alexxx

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 12:58:10 AM »
I don't know if anyone watches me, but I make some weird faces when working out. Lol, so they're probably watching that. It would seem, though, that if you're a muscely guy going heavy, you will be watched.

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 02:47:22 PM »
Let them watch and just keep pushin that  heavy ass weight.  8)
Aint a hobby, way of Life

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 03:50:46 AM »
let em watch, be a leader in the gym and show them how it's done!  :D
Z