Author Topic: my cutting diet  (Read 7385 times)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
Re: my cutting diet
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 01:43:21 PM »
that's just silly now....its a matter of chemistry in the body.  It takes the body 3 weeks to acclimate to any seriuous changes.  Getting to that point is a matter of willpower, mind over body. 

So my test levels are dropping, I can supplement that chemically or wait for my body to adjust to the demands I am putting on it.   What's more than likely is what I just said....that the chemicals I am putting in are constricting my blood vessels and thinning my blood.  That combined with the cardio is sapping my energy.  I was still able to....take care of business, it just took a minute to warm things up.

People are always going to have something negative to say no matter what I post....I dont see why I bother with all the "experts" around here.   ::)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 06:48:12 PM »
not really concerned about losing lean mass with this plan.  By dropping to a manageable weight, i will most likely go on a lean building plan after that.  At a lower bodyweight, cardio activities like jogging will not be as hard on my knees (which have had enough surgery) and it will be easier to maintain lower bodyfat percentages

i really dont understand why you would say your dont care about losing lean muscle tissue....why go through all of that just to hit a certain number on the scale?....it shouldnt be about weight loss it should be about changing your body composition...stage or no stage.

also fructose is one of the worst things you can ingest despite some fruit with a low GI. it is easlily converted to a disaccharide, to triglyceride, to gycerol, to FAT... not good for bodybuilders or a cutting diet...but if you must,  stay with the fruits like grapefruit, apple, strawberry, blueberry.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »
i really dont understand why you would say your dont care about losing lean muscle tissue....why go through all of that just to hit a certain number on the scale?....it shouldnt be about weight loss it should be about changing your body composition...stage or no stage.

also fructose is one of the worst things you can ingest despite some fruit with a low GI. it is easlily converted to a disaccharide, to triglyceride, to gycerol, to FAT... not good for bodybuilders or a cutting diet...but if you must,  stay with the fruits like grapefruit, apple, strawberry, blueberry.

my fruit intake is limited to 1 grapefruit and 1 apple per day
I am eating more than a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight so that is definitely more closer to 1.5g per pound of lean mass if I started at 270 lbs so i should be maintaining enough lean mass with this much protein.  Like I said, if I am feeling the need i will add casein at night before bed.  I switched to organic milk in my protein shakes which is much easier on my digestive system. 
   Ideally I want to be at 210-215.  Once I am at that weight, i will worry about the balance between lean mass and bodyfat % until I feel like I am at a good level and look good.  My diet is going well and I have no cravings for anything.  Meals are spaced evenly enough for me to feel sated and I am drinking between 1.5 and 2 gals of water daily
I added some salt to my egg whites and some to my chicken and veggies, and I seem to be holding more water today with much less cramping than yesterday.   Balance will come with any regimen.  people think swedish viking is crazy with his diet of raw meat (even poultry) but he is in great shape.  Just goes to show you that different things work for different people.  I am not so dumb to continue on something if it is hurting me.  If I need to adjust things as I go, I will.
It just amuses me how many people think I will fail.  In a way, it helps motivate me to succeed.  Adonis is already well on his way to losing $100 on this bet and if he pays up or not I still get to say I told you so.

We will see what the scale says.  my pants are already getting loose on me

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 11:16:42 PM »
Ok I'll be nice because I now see how little you do know about dieting.  If you are staving yourself (like you are) it doesn't matter how many grams of protein you eat.  You will loss ton of muscle.  Carbs play an important role in weight loss.  Carbs are the fuel that keep your body from doing strange things like using muscle as a fuel source.

LOL,

but hey you played football and I'm comp. in BB at a national level you know more than me.  O ya and I have a University degree in the subject.  Like I said one week in you will fall off the wagon, your brain will take over because it does like starving itself.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 05:57:17 AM »
Ok I'll be nice because I now see how little you do know about dieting.  If you are staving yourself (like you are) it doesn't matter how many grams of protein you eat.  You will loss ton of muscle.  Carbs play an important role in weight loss.  Carbs are the fuel that keep your body from doing strange things like using muscle as a fuel source.

LOL,

but hey you played football and I'm comp. in BB at a national level you know more than me.  O ya and I have a University degree in the subject.  Like I said one week in you will fall off the wagon, your brain will take over because it does like starving itself.

i won't take offence to anything, it is my nutritionist that came up with the diet.  He trains people for a living, and prepares people for bodybuilding shows all the time and they look great.  I have seen firsthand the results of guys that follow his nutritional advice.  If you look close enough at the numbers, it all makes sense. 

Since Sunday night's weigh in I have already dropped 11 pounds.  I am on track for a transformation of ARVILLIAN proportions.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »
I hope your not paying him much! LMAO!

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2006, 02:21:45 PM »
I hope your not paying him much! LMAO!

he would smoke you in competition

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2006, 02:55:03 PM »
You won't lose muscle on that diet (well a little like any diet) because it's high in protein, and has good fats.

Just don't do too much cardio, no need to with that big caloric defecit.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2006, 04:30:51 PM »
He has lost 11 pounds in one week.  Ok that is 4 pounds of water, 5 pounds of fat and 3 pounds of muscle.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2006, 04:52:41 PM »
He has lost 11 pounds in one week.  Ok that is 4 pounds of water, 5 pounds of fat and 3 pounds of muscle.

3 1/2 days, not a week

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2006, 05:43:37 PM »

I'm sure most is water, you don't lose muscle that easily, don't be ridiculous.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2006, 05:47:42 PM »
i won't take offence to anything, it is my nutritionist that came up with the diet.  He trains people for a living, and prepares people for bodybuilding shows all the time and they look great.  I have seen firsthand the results of guys that follow his nutritional advice.  If you look close enough at the numbers, it all makes sense. 

Since Sunday night's weigh in I have already dropped 11 pounds.  I am on track for a transformation of ARVILLIAN proportions.

well i would question your nutritionist...your protein intake is too low...there should be a before bed shake added...you should be taking in efa's throughout the day.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2006, 07:38:51 PM »
I'm sure most is water, you don't lose muscle that easily, don't be ridiculous.

Yes you can if your starving yourself like this guy and burning off 1000 cals doing cardio.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 07:41:23 PM »
Yes you can if your starving yourself like this guy and burning off 1000 cals doing cardio.
haha no doubt.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

I didn't see that cardio, yea that is way too much, but 2000 calorie diet isn't starving.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2006, 07:51:59 PM »
I didn't see that cardio, yea that is way too much, but 2000 calorie diet isn't starving.
I don't think its sufficient for muscle building.
bodybuildersreality.com

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2006, 08:38:08 PM »
I don't think its sufficient for muscle building.

its not...that diet isnt even sufficient for maintenance...of course i'm assuming he is someone who trains on the regular and not just some fat ass tryin to lose weight.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 06:36:34 AM »
i was training with weights daily, now I am cutting just to drop weight. 
Not doing any lifting for now, probably no weights for another two weeks while I am cranking up the cardio.  After the initial 3 weeks of just cardio I will work the weights back in and turn the protein up a bit, and add carbs to my pre and post workout shakes.

For now I will let the numbers speak for themselves and after another 2 months the pics will speak volumes on what my diet is doing for me

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 07:56:47 AM »

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 09:24:32 AM »
???
it is more effective for any program to have a specific goal.  It is less efficient to try and build muscle while in a phase that you are losing weight.  Anabolic environment requires weight gain, which does not happen properly while cutting and doing tons of cardio.

Once I drop some bf% I will come off the cardio load to about half what it is and then do the cardio in the AM and lift weight in the afternoon.

With my schedule right now I am not able to get 8 hours of sleep a night, which is also counterproductive to gains from lifting.  Once my workload is lower, I should be able to get back on a normal sleep cycle as well.
For now, I am content with just the cardio for a few weeks.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
i was training with weights daily, now I am cutting just to drop weight. 
Not doing any lifting for now, probably no weights for another two weeks while I am cranking up the cardio.  After the initial 3 weeks of just cardio I will work the weights back in and turn the protein up a bit, and add carbs to my pre and post workout shakes.

For now I will let the numbers speak for themselves and after another 2 months the pics will speak volumes on what my diet is doing for me

I'm waiting for the pics too,  Your skin is going to look like shit.  Stretch marks or hanging skin.  I seem guys who had to duct tape their skin because they dieted off too quickly.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2006, 04:20:36 AM »
Kegdrainer, if you had "awesome willpower" you wouldn't have allowed yourself to get so fat in the first place. And if you are rerally serious about losing that ghastly flab then STOP DRINKING BEER!!!! What is the point in having a strict diet if at the weekends you gorge yourself on beer?

You will never make the transformation Arvilla did because he was on a shit load of gear and t3s.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2006, 07:25:13 AM »
hahahahaha, 150mg. of ephedrine per day, monster muscle wasting, good luck sleeping.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2006, 09:46:19 AM »
hahahahaha, 150mg. of ephedrine per day, monster muscle wasting, good luck sleeping.

Holy shit that's a lot.   The most I take is 50mg and my muscles have cramped up from that.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2006, 09:48:10 AM »
it is more effective for any program to have a specific goal.  It is less efficient to try and build muscle while in a phase that you are losing weight. 

I'm sorry but you're as ignorant as they come.

The reason you lift while dieiting is to mantain muscle by keeping muscles stimulated.  Training also boosts metabolism, keeps testosterone high, burns calories. 

What bodybuilder do you know of diets without lifting weights?    ::)