Author Topic: Induced Vomiting  (Read 6403 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: Induced Vomiting
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 03:53:55 PM »
squat pads have no business in squatting, period. First off it puts the bar in an incorrect position on your back, and secondly if you put the bar where it's supposed to be on your back, you shouldn't have any pain to begin with. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 04:17:02 PM »
I was squatting in the high 300s and low 400s for reps earlier in the summer to parallel and I used the pad occasionally.  It really comes down to if you are in the mood for feeling the steel.  Sometimes it's good to feel the weight on your back and sometimes it's annoying.

yeah, i agree with that.  If you're training with a partner, getting all pumped up, going for max, etc, feeling the pain from the bar would def help.

me... I put on the mp3 player and try to be as mellow as possible.  high adrenaline = a high cortisol spike when it crashes.  I'd rather just plug away seriously for an hour then have an insane 15 minutes then be worn out. 

davidpaul

• Getbig V

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 05:22:56 PM »

Anyone who has any degree of confidence in the weight they are squatting won't need more than one spotter.

In the DVD King said "Let this be a lesson learned to all you little punks out there" that his training partner junior was out there puking and busting his balls while the rest of us butt fuckers are out there drinking and getting fucked up, while junior is training with a pro bodybuilder.

Wow King, did you realize the people who buy your DVD are your fans?  Maybe projecting your anger for the internet message board haters isn't the most intelligent and respectful decision out there.

He wouldn't have gotten one clean rep on his own with a plate saide taken off.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 09:27:55 AM »

spilt over gut with that black belt...looks like santa-clause ;D
he should do his DVD's when hes a bit leaner...i wouldnt be motivated to train from seein a guy like that.
I've seen him guest pose in the offseason.... :o
he like the cakes and pies too much i guess! ah well...his problem :P

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 01:32:08 PM »
Ray Mentzers goal was to make each of his clients puke every workout.  He used to train this doctor early in the morning and when I got there are around 4pm he would always tell me when he puked.  he loved it