Author Topic: PDI British NOC  (Read 40478 times)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
Re: PDI British NOC
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 10:11:04 AM »
I cued the IFBB toolbox and Horton arrives to diss ten things on the poster lol...

Well, the Galanti pullout was recent and these posters take some time to make and distribute.  I will say that a major diff is that Shawn Ray had all sorts of competitors who had never signed a contract to compete there.  Every man on that poster has a signed contract to compete for the PDI.  I know Vinny got hurt and won't be at those shows, but it was a recent development. Shawn Ray had ten guys on the poster, 8 months in advance, who never showed or even showed intent to compete there. 

So they've all signed to compete at the British show?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 10:11:17 AM »
I cued the IFBB toolbox and Horton arrives to diss ten things on the poster lol...

Well, the Galanti pullout was recent and these posters take some time to make and distribute.  I will say that a major diff is that Shawn Ray had all sorts of competitors who had never signed a contract to compete there.  Every man on that poster has a signed contract to compete for the PDI.  I know Vinny got hurt and won't be at those shows, but it was a recent development. Shawn Ray had ten guys on the poster, 8 months in advance, who never showed or even showed intent to compete there. 

240-

Why are you not questioning whether or not these guys are getting compensated? You keep insisting that you are for the ATHLETES, that you are not biased to one fed. or the other...where are the tough questions?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 10:14:11 AM »
So they've all signed to compete at the British show?

beats me, man.  I am not privy to that info.  They're grown men tho, and if their images ae being usd, it's because they signed a contract allowing for it.

Why are you not questioning whether or not these guys are getting compensated? You keep insisting that you are for the ATHLETES, that you are not biased to one fed. or the other...where are the tough questions?

Getting compensated for the show?  Show hasn't happened yet, Bob.  You're the first to say that.  If guys don't get paid, of course I'll be vocal.  But c'mon Bob, Ronnie hasn't gotten his O check yet, and we're not bitching about that. 

Paychecks typically arrive AFTER shows. 

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 10:16:19 AM »

BS on that one.  It only takes money.  It takes 48 hours if you care enough and are willing to pay.  Hollywood does this almost every year with one release or another and they produce 100 times what PDI does.

Another point is that Shawn Ray let his competitors the freedom of not signing a contract, something that you an advocate of better freedoms for the competitors should be applauding.  But since it was an IFBB show you just gloss over the positive parts.  You call everybody a PDI hater, but fail to the same traits in yourself.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 10:16:35 AM »

You're correct on the signed contract part, however anyone who made it on the poster (aside from the first one which I did not do) gave a a commitment via email that they were doing the show. Aside from that first piece of material everyone stated they intended to compete.

I do like how it shows Lee dominanting everyone else on the poster/ad.

Elevate Your Image.™

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 10:16:39 AM »
Jejus Christ!  For an org that is nothing but a fairy tale and not a threat to the IFBB some of you guys must sit here all day and wait for PDI threads.  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
I predict King Kamali will win the British NOC!

Unless Lee Priest enters.

Or Vinny Galanti.

Or that European dude who's pretty good.

:-\
Ron: "I am lazy."

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

No mention on there of the prize money. I wonder if it is being called an exhibition rather than a contest?
It looks as though the sponsor wants as little publicity as possible ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 10:24:27 AM »
Jejus Christ!  For an org that is nothing but a fairy tale and not a threat to the IFBB some of you guys must sit here all day and wait for PDI threads.  ::)

haha... they pounce on every PDI thread.  Bob and Kevin, like clockwork.

But they're not worried or anything.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 10:26:16 AM »
haha... they pounce on every PDI thread.  Bob and Kevin, like clockwork.

But they're not worried or anything.

It's become a sport ;D

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 10:29:28 AM »
240-

Answer the question.....

And when I use my image on a poster to advertise an up and coming show I get paid right away, so does everybody else if it is the contract.  The use of the image is not linked to the date of the show.

So Answer the question...
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 10:30:52 AM »
beats me, man.  I am not privy to that info.  They're grown men tho, and if their images ae being usd, it's because they signed a contract allowing for it.

Getting compensated for the show?  Show hasn't happened yet, Bob.  You're the first to say that.  If guys don't get paid, of course I'll be vocal.  But c'mon Bob, Ronnie hasn't gotten his O check yet, and we're not bitching about that. 

Paychecks typically arrive AFTER shows. 

I'm not talking about prize money, smartguy...I'm talking about the seminar, DVD sales, video, etc.

This was the main point of contention for Lee NOT signing the Olympia contract....and a point you've brought up nemerous times...athletes getting compensated and having the ability to make money.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »
Answer the question.....

And when I use my image on a poster to advertise an up and coming show I get paid right away, so does everybody else if it is the contract.  The use of the image is not linked to the date of the show.

So Answer the question...

I already answered, I am not privy to this information.  Just like before, Kevin horton wants to know something but won't email Wayne about it because he's shy.  So he asks strangers on message boards.

If their likeness is being used on a poster, it's because they signed a contract allowing it.  Their compensation is between them and the big guy. I have no clue, and it's none of my business.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 10:33:27 AM »
I'm not talking about prize money, smartguy...I'm talking about the seminar, DVD sales, video, etc.

This was the main point of contention for Lee NOT signing the Olympia contract....and a point you've brought up nemerous times...athletes getting compensated and having the ability to make money.

So, um, why don't you ask Lee about his compensation instead of an internet fool from the peanut gallery? 

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »
I already answered, I am not privy to this information.  Just like before, Kevin horton wants to know something but won't email Wayne about it because he's shy.  So he asks strangers on message boards.

If their likeness is being used on a poster, it's because they signed a contract allowing it.  Their compensation is between them and the big guy. I have no clue, and it's none of my business.  

In one sentence you say you are not privy to that information and in another you say they signed a contract allowing it.
So have all these competitors signed to compete in the show, or does their contract with the PDI allow their likeness to be used in all advertising even though they are not competing?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »
In one sentence you say you are not privy to that information and in another you say they signed a contract allowing it.

In any business, you cannot use a persons' likeness to market something without having their permission.  You know that, kev-O.  I can't just put michael jordan's face on my shoe company's website.  I would have to have an agreement with him in place to use his likeness, and there would be a set of conditions that both sides would have to follow.

So have all these competitors signed to compete in the show, or does their contract with the PDI allow their likeness to be used in all advertising even though they are not competing?

Again, I do not have access to this information.  If you are curious, quit being bashful, and email Wayne.  Don't be shy Kev!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 10:56:03 AM »
So, um, why don't you ask Lee about his compensation instead of an internet fool from the peanut gallery? 

Amazing...you dont have a problem voicing your opinion on everything and anything...except when it comes to having to answer a question on your beloved PDI.

Why does an internet fool from the peanut galley feel the need to comment on other issues then?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »
In any business, you cannot use a persons' likeness to market something without having their permission.  You know that, kev-O.  I can't just put michael jordan's face on my shoe company's website.  I would have to have an agreement with him in place to use his likeness, and there would be a set of conditions that both sides would have to follow.

Again, I do not have access to this information.  If you are curious, quit being bashful, and email Wayne.  Don't be shy Kev!

Odd how you posted repeatedly about the Colorado competitors list, yet you're now willing to assume that all those competitors are scheduled to compete.
You normaly want to know the smallest of details.
You used a public forum to raise your questions without directly e-mailing those concerned, so why suggest I should?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 11:01:54 AM »
Amazing...you dont have a problem voicing your opinion on everything and anything...except when it comes to having to answer a question on your beloved PDI.

Why does an internet fool from the peanut galley feel the need to comment on other issues then?

Why do you have no problem trashing the PDI 24/7 yet you bend over backwards to justify selective rule enforcement for the IFBB?  

I am happy to voice my opinion on PDI issues.  I don't have enough info on this poster or show to comment yet.  On the Colorado pro poster, it was obvious - 8 months prior to the show, we had a poster with a near-O lineup.  In this poster, we have one guy who was recently injured and pulled out of the show.  Kinda different? :)

I think it's irresponsible for any of us to question the relationship between a man and a company.  If a person's likeness is used, he is being compensated in one way or another.  Might be cash, might be exposure, might be something else, who knows?

I do love the way the IFBB toolbox "invents" a crisis every time the PDi does something new.  Shouldn't you be spending your Fri afternoon calling ESPN to get the Olympia guys some coverage in there?  Talk about sitting in a broken down car bitching about the color of you neighbor's new ride... :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 11:02:55 AM »
You used a public forum to raise your questions without directly e-mailing those concerned, so why suggest I should?

Wrong, sunshine.  I used a public forum to ask Shawn Ray questions about his show, after he ignored emails. 

You must be getting your information from some poor sources baby.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 11:04:59 AM »
Wrong, sunshine.  I used a public forum to ask Shawn Ray questions about his show, after he ignored emails. 

He's got you there Kevin. 
You don't have that option because no PDI official dares post here.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2006, 11:05:10 AM »

Same situation, sonny.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2006, 11:06:40 AM »
Same situation, sonny.

So you emailed Wayne about the poster already, and waited a reasonable amount of time for the reply?

No.  You started bashing the posterr and questioning it the second it arrived. 

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2006, 11:07:12 AM »
You're correct on the signed contract part, however anyone who made it on the poster (aside from the first one which I did not do) gave a a commitment via email that they were doing the show. Aside from that first piece of material everyone stated they intended to compete.

Just like the O poster has Ronnie dominating everyone as well.or whatever show it maybe there is always a dominate guy larger then the rest.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 11:08:10 AM »
He's got you there Kevin. 
You don't have that option because no PDI official dares post here.

They do post here but they use a mouthpiece.