Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 02, 2014, 05:48:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pump - bullshit or not  (Read 1080 times)
Bluto
Getbig V

Well?

« on: August 09, 2006, 08:26:47 AM »

i've seen various talk about the pump lately in a number of different threads... i like to hear your opinion on it... to my knowledge, there's no scientific studies or evidence about pump doing anything for gaining muscle mass... let me know what you think.

Report to moderator   Logged

Z
Overload
Getbig V

KO Artist

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 06:59:54 AM »

All it means is you are pumping your muscles full of blood...you can get an insane pump doing concentration curls with a 10 pound DB.

train for strength...the pump feels great but never made a difference in my workouts or gains.

Cool
figgs
Getbig IV

from realization to infinity

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »

The pump is what guides me through my workouts. Inbetween sets I stretch and flex and evaluate the pump in the muscle I'm training. When the pump goes away or is at it's peak, I believe that's your muscle's way of telling you that it doesn't need any more stimulation to grow. Works for me!

This is actually something I learned on this very forum about a year ago. I was experimenting with different volumes for each muscle. As a beginner I trained each muscle with 15-20 sets each. I was told here that I was overtraining and to stop training once my pump was gone.

~
andre90
Getbig II

We Gone Make IT.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »

The pump is what guides me through my workouts. Inbetween sets I stretch and flex and evaluate the pump in the muscle I'm training. When the pump goes away or is at it's peak, I believe that's your muscle's way of telling you that it doesn't need any more stimulation to grow. Works for me!

This is actually something I learned on this very forum about a year ago. I was experimenting with different volumes for each muscle. As a beginner I trained each muscle with 15-20 sets each. I was told here that I was overtraining and to stop training once my pump was gone.

thats a really good way of looking at it ill prob try this out.

cutting for mr.getbig 2.
Mike
Getbig IV

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:18:51 PM »

Are you the guy flexing in front of the DB rack when I'm trying to get to my weight.  I knew it!
natural al
Getbig V

like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »

the pump is overrated in my opinion.  I train pretty heavy-for me-and I could care less if I get a pump.  As long as I go to failure that's all that matters.

nasser=piece of shit
stealth_swimmer
Getbig II

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:09:35 PM »

Hard and smart training are key, but the pump tells you that you have the correct environment meaning you are well hydrated and have nutrients that you should. The pump just means that interstitial fluids are entering the muscle and that wastes are being taken out. The pump helps with recovery, at least in my experience that's how I went about it. I do train a little differently than most however, and even when going heavy I always strive for a good pump.
Jr. Yates
Getbig V

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 02:55:30 PM »

Hard and smart training are key, but the pump tells you that you have the correct environment meaning you are well hydrated and have nutrients that you should. The pump just means that interstitial fluids are entering the muscle and that wastes are being taken out. The pump helps with recovery, at least in my experience that's how I went about it. I do train a little differently than most however, and even when going heavy I always strive for a good pump.
I agree. its how your body tells you something is changing.

bodybuildersreality.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!