Author Topic: First real diet of my life  (Read 14885 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: First real diet of my life
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »
7 am -  Inhaled a cup of rice and 1/2 c. of chicken I had left over. 
11 am - 1 c rice, 4 oz beef
2 pm - 1 c rice, 3 oz chicken
3:45 - 3/4 cup whey protein
6pm - large caesar salad with chicken breast, and a few tortilla chips with salsa (high GI, I know)

I have a ton of energy.  Just got biblical with the bride and I felt like a man ten years younger.  I have seriously not had that much protein lately, and my carbs have mostly been high GI.  I'm planing on living on hard boiled egg white and whey w/ crystal lite, the rest of the night :)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 05:32:31 PM »
Lets say he's on a hypo diet. And a deficit of cerca 500-600 cals each day...

If any of you experts could explain why he should be low in carbs, I'd be really interested.

YIP
Zack

Because he's posting pics in 6 weeks so if he's in a big deficit he'll lose fat faster.

240, at 3500 you will pretty much just stay the same.  :-\  At least go down to 2500 calories.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »
Because he's posting pics in 6 weeks so if he's in a big deficit he'll lose fat faster.

240, at 3500 you will pretty much just stay the same.  :-\  At least go down to 2500 calories.

If that his diet colorie intake what was his bulking one?

Think about that 240 or sugar!
just push some weight!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 05:56:53 PM »

You're not making sense.

If he drops down to 2500 calories. Why should he be so low in carbs and relatively high in protein?

Brown rice is an excellent source of carbs IMO.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

You're not making sense.

If he drops down to 2500 calories. Why should he be so low in carbs and relatively high in protein?

Brown rice is an excellent source of carbs IMO.

YIP
Zack

No I think he should go lower than that but I'm saying 2500 would be better than 3500.   Brown Rice is good, but oatmeal is easier to prepare.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »
Let's say for arguments sake, he wants to get a shitload of protein in.

200 grams a day.

That's 800 calories.

1700 calories left.

Lets add 70 grams of fat. 630 calories.

1070 calories left.

Post workout shake - 120 grams. 480 calories.

Down to 590 calories, if I'm calculating right.

Roughly 150 grams of carbs from brown rice.

I don't think having such a high protein ratio would be optimal though. Around 170-180 grams would be plenty IMO.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 06:04:50 PM »
This is what I suggested:

230g protein  920 calories

120g carbs  480

50g fat  450

1850 calories.

That shit would probably get him to lose 2 1/2 pounds a week.   And he'd be down to 185lbs in 6 weeks.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 06:18:07 PM »
This is what I suggested:

230g protein  920 calories

120g carbs  480

50g fat  450

1850 calories.

That shit would probably get him to lose 2 1/2 pounds a week.   And he'd be down to 185lbs in 6 weeks.

And why not 230 grams of carbs and 120 grams of protein?

Explain to me why he would need so much protein, and if you gonna give me some stuff on protecting muscle breakdown, explain how that would work and some references.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »
felas let us not make drastic changes from his offseason diet so fast. I say fats should compremize 90% of his diet, carbs a close second at 9 % and protein a mere 1 which is more than enough. Good luck 240.
just push some weight!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »
And why not 230 grams of carbs and 120 grams of protein?

YIP
Zack

The theory is that the body is able to burn carbs easier than protein, so with less carbs the body will be forced to use more fat as energy and more protein will go to maintaining muscle.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 06:43:07 PM »
The reason for the low carbs is because as long as there are any carbs either circulating in the blood (glucose) or stored in the muscle (glycogen) the body will always use those for energy first before dipping into the fat reserves. By keeping carbs low hopefully your energy requirements will deplete your glycogen reserves and dip into your fat stores for fuel, thus losing body fat. You need to keep protein high, even higher than when bulking, because your body will use some protein for fuel in the absence of carbs. So you up your protein from the common 1 gram per pound of bodyweight to compensate for the possible loss of some to energy needs. I would agree with exactly the diet that Bast recommended and 240 should see some noticeable results in the 6 weeks he has.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 08:01:46 PM »
no no, i meant that I *was* at about 3500 a day.  I have no clue what I was today... I'm hungry as hell.  Snacking on hard-boiled egg whites and whey tonight.

I'm embarassed to admit it... but I would very often polish off 1/3 of one of these babies most nights.  Carbcrash City here.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 08:16:18 PM »
no no, i meant that I *was* at about 3500 a day.  I have no clue what I was today... I'm hungry as hell.  Snacking on hard-boiled egg whites and whey tonight.

I'm embarassed to admit it... but I would very often polish off 1/3 of one of these babies most nights.  Carbcrash City here.

LOL> Don't be embarassed. It takes strength to stop at 1/3. Once I start eating something like that I usually don't stop until the whole thing is gone. But definitely stay away from the sweets on a contest diet.

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 08:28:52 PM »
7 am -  Inhaled a cup of rice and 1/2 c. of chicken I had left over. 
11 am - 1 c rice, 4 oz beef
2 pm - 1 c rice, 3 oz chicken
3:45 - 3/4 cup whey protein
6pm - large caesar sla with chicken breast, and a few tortilla chips with salsa (high GI, I know)

Chicken and beef are pretty interchangeable at this point for me, right? thanks!

What does 1 cup brown rice mean?????? measured when cooked or precooked??????????
it helps to drink water when you are getting carb cravings!
:D

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »
keep up the good work 240,,,i started following your diet also even though i am not competing in the mr.getbig...you guys have really motivated me to stay in shape and follow a diet,,i am the leanest i have ever been since i was in highschool and i am 29. I know those cravings also for those sweets.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »

What does 1 cup brown rice mean?????? measured when cooked or precooked??????????
it helps to drink water when you are getting carb cravings!

Yeah, I drink some water, a ton while at the gym, but at night I love crystal lite.

1 cup rice = cooked, but I usually don't finish all of it, as it is, well, plain boiled rice :)

My woman had a leftover turkey sandwich from Chilis' in the fridge for me... that beyotch looked GOOD.  But I passed and chose egg whites. 

I dunno if it's the carb dropoff or the sudden booost in protein, but I feel aggressive as hell tonight.  And no protein gas, which I worried about.  I think it may have been the Ultramet MRPs that caused that.  tossing down 3/4 cup whey a few times a day doesn't hurt much.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »
LOL> Don't be embarassed. It takes strength to stop at 1/3. Once I start eating something like that I usually don't stop until the whole thing is gone. But definitely stay away from the sweets on a contest diet.

Duuuuuude.

They put in a bakery/entemanns  RIGHT NEXT DOOR to my gym.  I mean, what's a guy to do?  Fo the last few months, I'd forever be stopping in a few times a week.  I would justify it by saying I'd pick up something sweet for the pregnant bride.  but I'd also grab myself some cheese danish every time.  I love that stuff.

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2006, 10:45:40 PM »
Yeah, I drink some water, a ton while at the gym, but at night I love crystal lite.

1 cup rice = cooked, but I usually don't finish all of it, as it is, well, plain boiled rice :)

My woman had a leftover turkey sandwich from Chilis' in the fridge for me... that beyotch looked GOOD.  But I passed and chose egg whites. 

I dunno if it's the carb dropoff or the sudden booost in protein, but I feel aggressive as hell tonight.  And no protein gas, which I worried about.  I think it may have been the Ultramet MRPs that caused that.  tossing down 3/4 cup whey a few times a day doesn't hurt much.

Yeah when u drop carbs u tend to geta bit aggresive, im going with aprox 20-40g carbs a day, but its sweet i dont get any cravings anymore,
but yeah i guess if its your first time dieting it is a bit harder, you will get used to it, just dont think as much about it!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2006, 11:48:43 PM »
If you drop carbs too dramatically your body will do the opposite to what you want it to do.
Your metabolism will go in reverse and totally slow down, as the body isnt getting nearly as much carbs as what it used to so it will go in shock mode in order to retain what ever it can.

A gradual decline of carbs is needed. No crash dieting!

P

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2006, 02:56:24 AM »
If you drop carbs too dramatically your body will do the opposite to what you want it to do.
Your metabolism will go in reverse and totally slow down, as the body isnt getting nearly as much carbs as what it used to so it will go in shock mode in order to retain what ever it can.

A gradual decline of carbs is needed. No crash dieting!

yeah thats true,
But it seems to work for me, my fat is falling of and my weight (on the scale) stays the same. my weight hasnt changed in 3 weeks and  my bodyfat % has dropped from 11.75  to  just under 9%
oh yeah and i never feel like crap, always feel strong and have heaps of energy at gym

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2006, 06:29:43 AM »
Duuuuuude.

They put in a bakery/entemanns  RIGHT NEXT DOOR to my gym.  I mean, what's a guy to do?  Fo the last few months, I'd forever be stopping in a few times a week.  I would justify it by saying I'd pick up something sweet for the pregnant bride.  but I'd also grab myself some cheese danish every time.  I love that stuff.

That is so funny. I used to work out at a Gold's Gym that was in a strip mall, and just like you, there was a bakery RIGHT NEXT DOOR. This was a little mom and pop type place where everything was homemade. They made the best fresh doughnuts I've ever eaten in my life and they were huge and made fresh every morning. I worked out in the mornings then so every morning when I left the gym you could smell the fresh doughnuts. And that's about the best smell in the entire world. Who could resist that right? Needless to say, everyone there soon knew me on a first name basis..lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2006, 07:28:57 AM »
yeah, i shoot the breeze with the owners.  been trying to convince them to put in a smoothee machine :)

Today I woke up very very hungry.  love handles feel tighter today.  Boiled brown rice has never tasted so good.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2006, 08:22:32 AM »
Savor every single bite of carbs you get because after a few weeks of going low carb you'll start having dreams about pigging out on carbs. The things we go through just to see our abs.

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2006, 03:08:36 PM »
Savor every single bite of carbs you get because after a few weeks of going low carb you'll start having dreams about pigging out on carbs. The things we go through just to see our abs.

hahahahhaha yeah thats soo true. and you will start saving food up or make a list that you want to eat after the dieting, the list doesnt end

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2006, 05:40:11 PM »
Yea, it's the end of day 2, and my face looks way different already.  cheeks are tighter, waist is tighter, and i am sleepy.