Author Topic: who do you have as the NL and AL MVP's?  (Read 6246 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: who do you have as the NL and AL MVP's?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 02:48:56 AM »
how bought trading us a few of them pitchers you got up there ;D ;D

WHAT YOU ARENT INTERESTED IN TAVARES??? HOW ABOUT CRISP?! LOL
with all the injuries they had this year with their starting rotation we're lucky to be doing this well. burnett and chacin down a good chunk....imagine if they were healthy all year :D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 04:53:46 AM »
No it isn't it is 90 million less. Excluding luxury tax even. Jeter is a baller. No doubt he is a machine. But big Dh is due this year!  I am a die hard sox fan But I am also a fan of Giambi he is one of my fav players.

I thought Giambi was done after the 2004 season with all his weird injuries like the intestinal parasite and the steroid stuff. He was the only guy who kinds came clean on it all. He is a good guy. I am glad that he is back to being an impact player. He carried the Yankees early when nobody was hitting.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 04:54:32 AM »
with all the injuries they had this year with their starting rotation we're lucky to be doing this well. burnett and chacin down a good chunk....imagine if they were healthy all year :D

Is Foulke still a Red Sock?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 04:55:39 AM »
but look at how many games ortiz has won for the red sox. how many walk off HR's has he hit. i admit its tough to give a DH the MVP but he is THE dominant player on that team

The freaking Twins let Ortiz walk away.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 04:58:25 AM »
the baseballprospectus nerds put out a book about the red sox winning the series and in it they have a formula for fielding that shows how bad jeter is at shortstop

He sure can't be that bad. I watch every game and he makes all the plays. Nobody goes back like him for a shallow fly ball. Husker, you know the game is played on the field not on paper. How many clutch hits and plays in the field has Jeter made every season? Lots.

body88

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006, 05:31:23 AM »
Is Foulke still a Red Sock?

Yes he is on the dl but should be back this week. The injuries have killed us as off late(Gonzales,Wakefield,Clement,Foulke,Veritek,Nixon). Wells just came back pitched well the other night.We need to hold on until we can get heathly again. Low point of the season for sure.

As for Jeter an argument can be made and is valid. I just dont think he is on Davids level this year.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006, 06:12:58 AM »
Yes he is on the dl but should be back this week. The injuries have killed us as off late(Gonzales,Wakefield,Clement,Foulke,Veritek,Nixon). Wells just came back pitched well the other night.We need to hold on until we can get heathly again. Low point of the season for sure.

As for Jeter an argument can be made and is valid. I just dont think he is on Davids level this year.

Ortiz kills the Yankess so believe me I know how good he is.