Author Topic: NPC Tennesse State Championships  (Read 4673 times)

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: NPC Tennesse State Championships
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 11:54:50 AM »
No they've been over a long time. I intoduced you to Mike at your show (but I realize you don't remember)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 11:55:44 AM »
No they've been over a long time. I intoduced you to Mike at your show (but I realize you don't remember)

lol!!

i was in a fog!........................ .(don't remember much)

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »
Hard to concentrate when all you want to do is eat & drink. Debbie was there with him too ( & might I add ,finer in person). You didn't see her??

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »
Hard to concentrate when all you want to do is eat & drink. Debbie was there with him too ( & might I add ,finer in person). You didn't see her??

no...................... i really didn't

i did hear you yelling from the audience tho
thanks!  (it helped)

Jeff Preston

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2006, 05:32:53 PM »
Faking it?  Ya never know..  

Yes we do know!
Pocha is a retired Navy and Gulf War veteran (gunners mate). He was first diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 11 years ago.
Prior to that it was the basketball court with maybe a little training after, nothing serious.
He also one of the lucky ones...his legs grew just from the running!
The wheelchair came into play about 3 years ago when his balance became so unpredictable that normal walking was no longer an option. He says he also uses it like a shopping cart in the gym, pushing it around and loading what he needs in the seat!
Being unable to stand fully upright during his posing is also a balance issue, if he did he would be on the floor. But as he told me, "I'd hit my poses from my knees if I had to!"
For those unaware MS is thought to be an autoimmune disease that affects the central nervous system. Some areas of the body are unaffected some are hit hard.  Pocha is unable to raise his foot even one inch off the floor when lying on his stomach so hamstrings are such an area that is effected.
 Legs are worked with smith machine squats, leg press and hacks where there is a fixed position and balance does not come into play.
The Knoxville show was his very first try at competition and was used as a warm up for the state show last weekend...3rd in both shows BTW. Starting a competitive career at 40 years of age isn't easy under any circumstances.

Of course he thinks what he is doing is no big deal, as most that rise above adversity, they just do it as part of daily living. Well he's wrong, it is a big deal and it shows us all what can be accomplished with the spirit of a true warrior.
The fire is stoked for his next competition. The reception of the crowds in Tennessee lifted his spirit as he had never known.

You want to know what bodybuidling is really all about?
You just read it.
Raw-Iron.com